Old Hunters - Lady Maria is Satan's daughter

Dragn_Whytefyre

Omg. There are no words to describe how much I thoroughly hated that bitch. Killed me at LEAST thirty times. When I finally beat her, I think I just got lucky. She must've broken a nail or something because she suddenly made a slight pause, long enough for me to Finish Her! (Mortal Kombat shoutout there).

Anyone else have a helluva time with her? Of all the Bloodborne bosses, she was the hardest for me (so far. Haven't reached Kos yet).

One of my favorite things about the Souls games (including Bloodborne) is that every player seems to find difficulty in different things. Personally, I didn't have any trouble beating certain "hard" bosses like Maria, Gehrman, or Watchdog, but certain "easy" bosses like Living Failures have been the bane of my existence, and I've still never been able to beat the Shadows of Yharnam without a summon. Congratulations on making it past one of your personal demons-- hopefully you'll have smooth sailing from here!

24 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I haven't played this game or any Souls' game yet, but I will. It seems that you are spoiling part of the story, I suggest editing the title of your thread and adding the SPOILER warning in it.

Um... exactly what is it you think I spoiled? Out of curiosity.

1 minute ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

I think he thought you are saying that lore-wise Maria is Satan's daughter. I actually clicked on it for this reason to see what note/file I missed that said this. lol

I didn't have much trouble with her, but I am really good against the humanoid boss types. I just used the visceral repeatedly (if you summoned though this strategy wouldn't have worked). Her range is ridiculously hard to see with some of her attacks which is annoying. I think I have a vid of this fight, feel free to pm me if anyone wants to see it.

40 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

One of my favorite things about the Souls games (including Bloodborne) is that every player seems to find difficulty in different things. Personally, I didn't have any trouble beating certain "hard" bosses like Maria, Gehrman, or Watchdog, but certain "easy" bosses like Living Failures have been the bane of my existence, and I've still never been able to beat the Shadows of Yharnam without a summon. Congratulations on making it past one of your personal demons-- hopefully you'll have smooth sailing from here!

I actually rocked the Failures. Took three attempts. But I do get what you're saying totally. That's FromSoftware for you. They know how to create different bosses to vex different people.

And thanks for the congrats. Much appreciated.  ?

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

lol. i didn't have that hard time but i had HUGE problems with the last dlc boss... i think his name is the one reborn (?).. :/

Orphan of Kos? Haven't reached him/her yet. But from what I gather, Orphan is worse than Maria, so I'll probably be hating life pretty soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

I don't know if you are spoiling anything or not as I haven't played the game, but the statement in the title may lead some people to think that part of the story is being spoiled.

17 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I don't know if you are spoiling anything or not as I haven't played the game, but the statement in the title may lead some people to think that part of the story is being spoiled.

Ah. No. That's my way of saying she kicked my ass. Like... over and over and over and over and over and over and...

I will give you some advice however if you do in fact play Bloodborne or any of the Souls games: Expect to die. Often. Seriously. It's more fun and much less frustrating if you go into it knowing you're a dead man walking.

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin

17 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Ah. No. That's my way of saying she kicked my ass. Like... over and over and over and over and over and over and...

I will give you some advice however if you do in fact play Bloodborne or any of the Souls games: Expect to die. Often. Seriously. It's more fun and much less frustrating if you go into it knowing you're a dead man walking.

Thanks for the advice. I already knew that you are likely to "die", a lot, especially on Demon's Souls, where the game gets harder everytime you "die". 

2 hours ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

I actually rocked the Failures. Took three attempts. But I do get what you're saying totally. That's FromSoftware for you. They know how to create different bosses to vex different people.

And thanks for the congrats. Much appreciated.  1f44d.png

Orphan of Kos? Haven't reached him/her yet. But from what I gather, Orphan is worse than Maria, so I'll probably be hating life pretty soon.

congrats and good luck :)

I can see people having trouble with Orphan of Kos, especially solo, but Lady Maria??? :P Luckily I did all the bosses on first try. Pretty surprised about this in the case of Orphan of Kos, but Lady Maria never even had a chance. I think it was just to keep distance and use a quick weapon when there was an opening or something. In the entire DLC, except for intentional suicide runs in the river, I only died once against a certain enemy couple in a well. -_-'' As I've said before, you don't really need to die all the time, just play more careful and take your time. If you rush, you will just be ganged up on which easily ends with death. Make sure to "analyze" and explore your environment so nothing catches you too off guard.

Edited by MMDE