LeoNick85

Anyone still playing it online?

30 posts in this topic

Is there anyone still playing it online? I've tried to look at the lobbies, but they seems always empty :(

Nope, the online is about as dead as it could possibly be. If you want to earn the online trophies you're going to have to find a boosting partner.

Ya, there's no one playing it for ages.

I personally keep an eye on new boost seasons for this game as well as the Magic The Gathering games and offer help when I see them (I know that I saw one a few days ago and hadn't had time to reply to it, since the season start time was really close of the time that I saw the season, not sure if it was yours or not).

As Xylobe said, just make a session and you will eventually get help.

22 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, there's no one playing it for ages.

I personally keep an eye on new boost seasons for this game as well as the Magic The Gathering games and offer help when I see them (I know that I saw one a few days ago and hadn't had time to reply to it, since the season start time was really close of the time that I saw the season, not sure if it was yours or not).

As Xylobe said, just make a session and you will eventually get help.

Ok, thank you ;)

I know this solution is not ideal but  I did this game playing with myself on PS TV and vita. So, if you have access to a 2nd vita or a pstv I can confirm you can get everything in adhoc mode.

31 minutes ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

I know this solution is not ideal but  I did this game playing with myself on PS TV and vita. So, if you have access to a 2nd vita or a pstv I can confirm you can get everything in adhoc mode.

Unfortunetly I don't have a second ps vita or ps tv :( thx for the info anyway

2 hours ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

How would that even work? Wouldn't you need to be online on two different PSN accounts, thus own the game twice? Or does it let you do it on your main account for both? (I have the game, but haven't played it yet)

Edited by Elvick_

24 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

How would that even work? Wouldn't you need to be online on two different PSN accounts, thus own the game twice? Or does it let you do it on your main account for both? (I have the game, but haven't played it yet)

From what I've seen, many games that have this kind of light multiplayer component don't care at all if you're playing against yourself. Pretty sure the only function they use your PSN id for is displaying it. Stats and all that are stored 100% on player side. It might be a bit wonky if there's leaderboards involved though, but even some of those games are boostable by using only one account on two devices.

While I haven't tried it, I'm guessing this game is one of those that just lets you play against yourself, even if you're using the same PSN id and save file on two vita/pstv devices. So if you wanted to boost the MP trophies, all you'd need is two devices, loading up the game on both and then getting your save file on the alternate device from cloud so you could access the MP without having to do the start of the game crap (at least I think the game didn't let you access MP right away).

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Ad Hoc actually requires the vita to go offline to be used (I think it uses the same channels, so it is either Ad Hoc or Online, never both).

From my experience I know that SFxT allows this, and Modnations Racers doesn't  (but SFxT is a weird case, because a Vita and PS3 using the same account can also cross-play one with the other...). 

i still need the online trophies for monster monpiece as well. its been in my backlog for almost a year.

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Hello Elvick,

for this to work you need to own the game digitally. Sony allows to have a digital game on two different vita systems. By playing in adhoc mode, you can have both your vitas playing together because you are not connected to the PSN. The game does not care you are playing against yourself (kinda like pixel junk ultimate where you can boost the online playing against yourself on ps4 and vita). It works great and I highly recommend to use this technic if its possible to get a 2nd device. You get more wins so more money doing the online and even after I've done everything else in the game, I still needed tons of monsters for my last trophy. I played against myself again because you get insane amounts of money playing online compared to offline and used that money to buy lots of monster card packs and got the platinum. 

I hope I was clear. Ask if you still have any question !

Let me know when you want to have an online session, and we can do it - depending on the time constraints!

On 10/5/2017 at 8:50 AM, Drellesh said:

Let me know when you want to have an online session, and we can do it - depending on the time constraints!

If you want, I am free Sunday 10/8, what ever time works before you. It should take around 2 hours or so, to unlock the online trophies for both. 

I picked up the game during a huge sale for it (2 bucks) its actually harder and more of a full game than I thought it would be after a friend described it to me. I'm looking to do online trophy boosting since NOBODY plays it anymore and the lobbies are always at 0. Add me with a message to trophy boost and lets knock it out in one sitting so we never have to go back to it again.

I enter everyday online and never saw someone... if theres someone to play it online and boost some trophy, i will help, and be helped if possible.

Just pm me on forum or add psn.
Thanks a lot anyway.

There's literally no one playing this for months, the only way to get the trophies is to find someone to boost with, so just create a boost session and someone will join (I usually help, but the few last times the person needed the trophies found someone else that also needed the trophies and I didn't need to help).

So, please just create a boost session for the trophies.

PS: Just in case that you are new around here. Normally isn't allowed to ask for boost in this threads, that what the game sessions section is for.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

On 12/28/2017 at 11:18 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

There's literally no one playing this for months, the only way to get the trophies is to find someone to boost with, so just create a boost session and someone will join (I usually help, but the few last times the person needed the trophies found someone else that also needed the trophies and I didn't need to help).

So, please just create a boost session for the trophies.

PS: Just in case that you are new around here. Normally isn't allowed to ask for boost in this threads, that what the game sessions section is for.

This game is on sale now for two bucks.  Can people easily communicate with each other during a boosting session, or how does it work?  Thanks!

23 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

This game is on sale now for two bucks.  Can people easily communicate with each other during a boosting session, or how does it work?  Thanks!

There's no in-game communication, also if you use psn messages on Vita, it quits the online, so you can't use that (party voice chat may work, never tried). Optionally is to use psn messenger on ps3, ps4 or smartphone. 

But usually it's not needed to talk during the boost, as long as people knows what to do. 

I no longer have the fame installed, but may download it again if needed. 

3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

There's no in-game communication, also if you use psn messages on Vita, it quits the online, so you can't use that (party voice chat may work, never tried). Optionally is to use psn messenger on ps3, ps4 or smartphone. 

But usually it's not needed to talk during the boost, as long as people knows what to do. 

I no longer have the fame installed, but may download it again if needed. 

Thanks for the explanation, and for the offer to possibly assist in boosting.  :) 

A few years ago I was debating on getting this game... now I am in the same boat as the game is $3 right now.

3 hours ago, DrHambone said:

A few years ago I was debating on getting this game... now I am in the same boat as the game is $3 right now.

I just bought it so if you or anyone else want to boost tomorrow night (it is almost 9 PM over here in Mexico City right now, I'd be able to boost around this hour tomorrow) please send me a message here or directly on psn to ImApanda85  , just let me know it is for this game. Thanks!