The High Road is the absolute worst level in all of Crash Bandicoot history.

Crzy Minus

19 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

The game itself is perfectly fine. The remake isn't (what was to be expected).

Main issue seems to be the "pill shape" of the remake vs. the "box shape" of the original:

Ah, that explains so much, I was going crazy watching Crash "stumble" off platforms that he'd clearly landed on without me pressing anything, thought my controller was messing up. 

16 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I highly disagree. Slippery Climb is ten times worse than the high road.

Well then I hate to tell you this, but Stormy Ascent is DLC that's coming.

Stormy Ascent was a beta level that was removed from the original Crash because even the devs thought it was too hard. It's literally Slippery Climb but harder and longer, with even more platforms built around you waiting for everything to line up properly for you to make jumps.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I highly disagree. Slippery Climb is ten times worse than the high road.

Slippery Climb is really hard yeah but High Road is just really unfair. At least in Slippery Climb if you die it's your own fault in High Road it seems the level is just fucking you up.

30 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Well then I hate to tell you this, but Stormy Ascent is DLC that's coming.

Stormy Ascent was a beta level that was removed from the original Crash because even the devs thought it was too hard. It's literally Slippery Climb but harder and longer, with even more platforms built around you waiting for everything to line up properly for you to make jumps.  

So it's made by Activison? 
I'm glad that l am not a completionist, all l care is platinum and it's too hard for me as it is.

20 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Slippery Climb is really hard yeah but High Road is just really unfair. At least in Slippery Climb if you die it's your own fault in High Road it seems the level is just fucking you up.

Funny thing, l think exactly other way. l literally spent 50 lives on Slippery Climb where l beat High Road on my 2nd try or whatsoever.

20 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

Funny thing, l think exactly other way. l literally spent 50 lives on Slippery Climb where l beat High Road on my 2nd try or whatsoever.

yeah, those road to nowhere and high road levels are pretty easy IMO. At least in the original game you could even jump on the side ropes too. :D 

On 11.07.2017 at 11:58 PM, Hogie838 said:

Ah you are WAY better than me, I had so much trouble with them levels my neighbours must have thought I was being attacked 1f60f.png I had a lot of trouble with Slippery Climb also but that just needed practice IMO 

Thanks, flattered but l also had so much trouble with Slippery Climb so it's a fair share :)

High Road was definitely one of the harder relics to obtain in the game, if not the hardest. Unlike other levels in the game, I don't think I ever raged when going for the relic because the level was too damn fun. I honestly didn't mind the 1000+ attempts it took me to get the relic (I'm not kidding with that number btw ?). On the other hand, after only 5 attempts, I find myself feeling burned out with the game after attempting the relic for Sunset Vista.

Anybody else feel this way?

Now I know why The High Road is so hard for you guys. They changed the jumping to match the third game, but kept the level exactly the same. This has made some few levels a bit different, harder in fact, and it's especially bad for the two The High Road and Road to Nowhere levels. Loved the levels in the original game.

Edited by MMDE

54 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

I honestly didn't mind the 1000+ attempts it took me to get the relic (I'm not kidding with that number btw 1f602.png). On the other hand, after only 5 attempts, I find myself feeling burned out with the game after attempting the relic for Sunset Vista.

Anybody else feel this way?

I think the difference comes with the lentgh of the levels. While Suneset Vista can take up to 4-4,5 minutes, the high road won't take much longer than a minute. Also, or at least for me personally, the high road had it's more difficut part at the beginning of the stage. After beeing able to get through the first few turtles i pretty much needed 2-3 tries to finish the rest of the stage... cause not moving turtles were easier to hit than those moving turtles with their weird hit boxes.

Personally i disliked the high road though. I haven't finished every stage but that one just felt so unfair. Even after pretty much mastering the jump the turtles were just horrible.

So far that's the only level i struggled with... thought i will struggle more with Sunset Vista but was able to beat it with 3 tries.  

High Road is definitely the worst level to go for the relic because it is insanely broken in every possible way. The amount of precision needed is almost inhuman. Most of my runs end within 15 seconds, and I've never made it to the half way point. This level was handled terribly and very much neglected for the remaster. It was never designed for the new physics and mechanics, and It definitely feels like no one ever playtested it. At this point I'm probably going to do Stormy Ascent for my 26th gold relic because at least that level isn't fundamentally broken, it's just hard.

Just now, RAZZA19-90 said:

So the all 26 relics trophy would pop by completing stormy ascent and 25 other gold or better time trials? Even though stormy is a dlc? Has this been confirmed? Because the high road is a nightmare.

I can confirm. I just got the trophy and I didn't even attempt the relic on The High Road.

4 hours ago, JOJOVchronicles said:

if can master the rope run technique, it will be okay

That is even harder! The trick is to just jump on the rope and then straight back off onto bridge. Do that over the large jumps and you should get it ?

I try not to be a angry gamer, I don't always succeed, but I think I stay cool and collected, more than I lose my self-control. That being said *Clears throat* FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! This poorly tested and uber-precise level. Obviously Vicarious tested it to make sure it was beatable, but they clearly didn't test it well enough for Time Trials, to ensure it worked well with the new jumping mechanics. I can think of 3 easy ways to fix the issue with this level. 

1. Add more planks, I mean would anyone, but a diehard, masochistic, absolute Crash purist complain about having more planks to land on? A few extra planks, between the turtle jump parts would really alleviate some of the issues with this level. It would make it easier, but it would also be fairer and more fun, nobody likes being frustrated.

2. Make a custom turtle for this level that gives you a bigger jump. Would it really be all that hard to patch in an enemy that gives you a bigger bounce? 

3. Make the ropes thicker so it's easier to run on them. Just so if you do manage to get on the ropes, you don't fall off as easily.

I'm probably the only one who got a harder time on Road to Nowhere than both The High Road and Slippery Climb, lol. The reason being, by that point of the game, I got used to the game's controls perfectly. They still remain hard levels no matter what (btw I haven't played their time trials yet so I know I'm missing out something).

• Like 1

On 05/08/2017 at 4:19 PM, Lightning_0608 said:

Fuck this level. I lost about 70 lives trying to clear this one today and about 60 of them were trying to get to the first damn checkpoint.

Also, major kudos to Smithy for mentioning that plat can be gotten without the relic for this :D

I wish I had known that, before going for the Relic. I got gold, but I will NEVER play this level again.