Crzy Minus

The High Road is the absolute worst level in all of Crash Bandicoot history.

82 posts in this topic

The High Road is complete shit in the remake, and I think I left it until last for this reason, but you can do it without the rope trick, as I certainly did because I could not get him stable on it. I had much more trouble with Stormy Ascent which took me I think a week or so of on and off trying. The Lab is probably the worst though just because of how sadistically strict it is. It's telling given that last I checked the World Record time was only two seconds faster than the Platinum time. They really did fuck up a lot in these remakes, though. Personally I think Crash 1 got off the easiest; they absolutely butchered Crash 2. 

On 12/28/2017 at 5:22 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

The High Road is complete shit in the remake, and I think I left it until last for this reason, but you can do it without the rope trick, as I certainly did because I could not get him stable on it. I had much more trouble with Stormy Ascent which took me I think a week or so of on and off trying. The Lab is probably the worst though just because of how sadistically strict it is. It's telling given that last I checked the World Record time was only two seconds faster than the Platinum time. They really did fuck up a lot in these remakes, though. Personally I think Crash 1 got off the easiest; they absolutely butchered Crash 2. 

I'm having A LOT of trouble with High Road, but I haven't had the time to sit down for 2 hours to hash it out for the gold relic. I'm only playing in quick 30 minute attempts, but it isn't enough lol. Right now I'm knocking out the relics as I complete levels because I want to enjoy taking the time to get the gems later where I'm not under a time restriction. 

I loved the original Crash games and this remaster is a big nostalgia trip for me, which is nice, but adding time trials to the 1st and 2nd games when they weren't there before is just LUDICROUS.   

20 hours ago, Seskinator said:

I'm having A LOT of trouble with High Road, but I haven't had the time to sit down for 2 hours to hash it out for the gold relic. I'm only playing in quick 30 minute attempts, but it isn't enough lol. Right now I'm knocking out the relics as I complete levels because I want to enjoy taking the time to get the gems later where I'm not under a time restriction. 

I loved the original Crash games and this remaster is a big nostalgia trip for me, which is nice, but adding time trials to the 1st and 2nd games when they weren't there before is just LUDICROUS.   

It's not that they added them, it's that the times they chose are far worse. If the times weren't so strict, then it'd be a nice little extra for them. I would love the developers to show every one of them doing plat runs on each level, because I have no idea why they went with the times they did. Did they even play test the times or did they just fly a camera through the level with a timer on, and after hitting the end of it go "that's good for the plat time".

Edited by Elvick_

I personally think the entire first game is completely broken in the remake. I used to love it but they changed the physics so much that now stuff like high road is crap. I personally deleted it and done with it. I stopped having fun half way through anyways, my nostalgia on this one is ruined. 

I managed to plat this level a few days ago. Man it was a mission. Too a lot of work mastering the rope jumps. Using short jumps is a lot safer than long jumps on them. I only used the turtles on the last section where they're already flipped over.

For me personally, The Lab, is by far the worst level. I haven't even managed to complete it and have been stuck at it forever.

36 minutes ago, Zarmatura93 said:

For me personally, The Lab, is by far the worst level. I haven't even managed to complete it and have been stuck at it forever.

There are a few tricks that you can do to make it easier, like spinning enemies into boxes that are in the next room or spamming the boxes that activate doors and floors to reset their timers. Here is how I did it for some visual example: