Trophy discuss/Me hyping the game

Super-Fly Spider-Guy

The game is really good and if the price isn't ridiculous I seriously urge you to buy it.

You know, provided you like Hotline Miami, since this could get away with calling itself the third entry in my opinion.

There's no masks or power up style things, but other than that, it's the same kind of formula, top down hyper violence with a shitload of weapons and a damn good time.

Mr. Shifty tells the glorious tale of you, Mr. Shifty, on your way to get some plutonium from that "asshole" Chairman Sloane and you basically have to take out room upon room of badguys, ala Hotline Miami, until you eventually reach the end. You make your way through each of the tower in which the game is set's 18 floors, killing everything in your way and then you win. The story is pretty basic, but you're not here for the story. You're here for the gameplay, and it is damn good. I played on the Switch, which is like, a shitload less powerful than the PS4, so I can only imagine that since it ran perfectly fine there, it should be a good performing PS4 game. I'm all over the place, forgive me, anyway, the game is fucking great and I love the shit out of it. I've actually recently been replaying through a few levels trying to lower my overall completion time and stack up a few more perfect no death levels and it's just a blast. The big difference between this and Hotline Miami though, is the shift mechanic. Basically you can press B (or X on PlayStation) to teleport like a metre and a half or so ahead of where you're facing, you use this to jump through walls, dodge attacks, avoid lazers, get through certain bits quicker, and so on, there's also a slo mo mechanic you get from chaining kills together. Anywhore, imagine if Hotline Miami had super powers and you get this. 

Anyway, onto the trophies. I could see Speedrunner and Shift Master being a bit difficult, but all the other trophies are pretty easy looking and should come through natural progression. I'd get ahead of the curve and write a guide for the shit of it when I have some time, but since you can't without owning the game on here, well. Anyway, Shift Master is pretty self explanatory, there's 18 levels in the game and you have to do them all without dying. For reference, in my first full playthrough, mind you I wasn't going for a perfect run, I only had the first level done without deaths. Since popping back in recently I've done another 4 or 5 without too much effort, some of the later levels will fuck you up though. Could be difficult.

The Speedrunner though, could be difficult. I wasn't going along too slow and had the game done in around 5 hours or so of time on it. The game's counter takes out cutscenes and loading and all that, and with that I had burned through it in a couple minutes over 3 hours. With my few replayed levels I got under 3 hours pretty quickly. You can definitely improve on my time, but in all honestly, I'd say getting a completed run done in under 2 hours would prove a bit difficult to the average player.

Either way, decent list, looks fun, shame there's no plat, I love the shit out of the game if you couldn't tell, and can't recommend it to y'all enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kishnabe said:

It looks real fun. Tinybuild probably don't ask for a platinum, when they should. Especially for this one.  

If 1000 Top Rated, I am Mayo can get one, there should be no reasons not too. 

I read a few months ago from a dev  (forgot where) that any game can get a plat now. From what I gather the only reasons a game doesn't have plat is that they don't want one (more trophies requires more testing), they don't feel like the game warrants a plat, they don't know they can have a plat or they don't care about trophies.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

I read a few months ago from a dev  (forgot where) that any game can get a plat now. From what I gather the only reasons a game doesn't have plat is that they don't want one (more trophies requires more testing), they don't feel like the game warrants a plat, they don't know they can have a plat or they don't care about trophies.

Yeah some devs don't know you can ask for a platinum and get it. I asked one dev on a game he is working on for a platinum. He said probably not because of how short his game is. Told him about I am mayo, He asked Sony afterwards and got approval.

If there is a problem with testing,  have a 12 trophy Platinum like Smugglecraft. 11 Golds :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Speedrunner trophy is glitched in a good way. I unlocked it after beating the final level with a total time of 3 hours. Also looking at the trophy % on PSN I think as long as you beat the game you will unlock the Speedrunner trophy regardless of your time as the Speedrunner trophy has the same % as the trophy for beating the game.

The No Death in all stages trophy I can forget about. I got 56 deaths alone in the final level lol. This trophy will probably make getting the 100% a 9 or 10/10 in terms of difficulty.

For the Bullet Time trophy does anyone have any suggestions on where to get it?

Edited by lordzeze