Cutting Edge

9 hours ago, clementineslee said:

I'm not sure if there's a glitch? Or I'm just playing it wrong? But I have tried twice for this trophy now and still haven't gotten it

Apparently that trophy can become glitched on PS3. I'm not sure about the PS4 version though. I'd recommend looking at this if you haven't already done so just to make sure you didn't void the trophy accidentally. https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4/trophy/105989-Cutting-Edge.html

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

In my case, Natalia throwing bricks at enemies seems to have voided the trophy on my first playthrough.

My advice is to play in co-op mode with two controllers. Use Barry to run ahead and clear the way with the knife. When you can no longer progress because the parnter is left behind, then switch to Natalia and catch up to Barry. The most annoying part is running through the forest with the Revenants. What I did is I ran to the exit door with Natalia first and left her waiting there. For some reason, the Revenants were all aggro'd at her, but were unable to hit her there (might be a glitch). Then I ran through that section as Barry.

35 minutes ago, JalXander said:

In my case, Natalia throwing bricks at enemies seems to have voided the trophy on my first playthrough.

My advice is to play in co-op mode with two controllers. Use Barry to run ahead and clear the way with the knife. When you can no longer progress because the parnter is left behind, then switch to Natalia and catch up to Barry. The most annoying part is running through the forest with the Revenants. What I did is I ran to the exit door with Natalia first and left her waiting there. For some reason, the Revenants were all aggro'd at her, but were unable to hit her there (might be a glitch). Then I ran through that section as Barry.

Ive thrown about 30 bricks, blinded enemies 30 times, stealth killed plenty, physical attacked plenty, let my partner shoot 30+ enemies and have popped the achievement perhaps about 6 or 8 times altogether in my testing and it always popped when performing these actions

Crowbar swings and firearms, molotovs are what can affect it, in my experience after those 6-8 pops of the achievement and testing. 

My theory which trips every1 up and causes this, 'you can use this', 'you cant use this', 'it worked for me', 'no you cant do that' etc etc........ Is that SWITCHING between characters is the problem

Switching, so we cant use firearms clearly for cutting edge (except for shooting key down) BUT what if you seitch to someone just AFTER or just BEFORE the perform a AI command to fire, same with a crowbar swing. Does the game then register that YOU did it even though you physically didnt...... 

What is the safety window for switching characters.....this we dont know

Unless the trophy has successfully glitched for me probably over 100 times with all my brick throwing, physical attacks, ally shooting etc whuch is unlikely, I think its just down to unlucky character switching. 

I wanna show all this in a video when I get chance because no matter how much you test this, sometimes you still you need show it in a video to convince some, even then sometimes doesnt work, but nothing more you can. 

Could always add it to a wiki, people seem to believe it more if its wrote on a wiki xD

Edited by Optinooby