PSNP Weeblympics

Just now, fisty123 said:

This one was very hard to explain but I rather enjoyed it as a whole, you do not even need to pass all the story modes for the plat which makes it sound more like a grind and at times it was but it was a fun grind... The biggest issue as to why its a UR is becasue of one item that is RNG with a low % rate. I was lucky and got it rather early on (managed to get 3 of that item in the end)

Oh great then! That makes my decision a little bit easier.

39 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That depends, if you craft OP bullets and have avatars from other players with endgame equipment as NPCs, I'd say about 4-5/10. Without those, maybe a 6-7/10.

Ok, tell me more! I was planning to play it mainly alone (with AI companions), since I usually prefer to avoid playing with others.. so how do I get avatars from other players as NPC?

22 minutes ago, JapanimeGamer said:

*Looks at owns game list*

19 games...

/Sighs

Yup, as others said, no need to own all right now (most of us don't own all games that we submitted as of now and this is a really long event, so there's tons of time to get the games too)

20 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

You don't have to own games that you plan on platting. I have Grand Kingdom on my list, but don't own the game yet. Though depending on how I like the demo, I might or might not end up buying it. You can also change your games list.

That reminds me again that I have been thinking in buying Grand Kingdom for ages and the current sale is been tempting me for a while.. maybe it's time for me to buy it as well as Dragon Age Inquisition (something that I always think in buying when it goes on sale, but never do..).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, tell me more! I was planning to play it mainly alone (with AI companions), since I usually prefer to avoid playing with others.. so how do I get avatars from other players as NPC?

Co-op is more fun and actual players make for better companions than the AI, so if you have a friend who also wants to play the game, try that. As for getting avatars, when you're playing co-op, stand near each other in the hub and press :triangle: to exchange avatar cards. If you want, I'll give you mine.

• Like 1

*sees all of the people who got the first medal* Ugh, sorry for letting everyone down. It's just that those games are Ultra Rare platinums for a REASON. Should really get back on the couch and get some work done on Dark Cloud 2.

BTW, shouldn't Ni No Kuni be on the list if Dark Cloud 2 is, since both are made by the same company and Ni No Kuni is Ghibli as ****. :D (Looking for an excuse to platinum Ni No Kuni before the sequel arrives.)

Just now, MidnightCJ said:

*sees all of the people who got the first medal* Ugh, sorry for letting everyone down. It's just that those games are Ultra Rare platinums for a REASON. Should really get back on the couch and get some work done on Dark Cloud 2.

BTW, shouldn't Ni No Kuni be on the list if Dark Cloud 2 is, since both are made by the same company and Ni No Kuni is Ghibli as ****. :D (Looking for an excuse to platinum Ni No Kuni before the sequel arrives.)

Ni No Kuni is not an UR plat so it shouldn't be on the list. 

4 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Don't sweat about not getting a medal yet, the event runs for plenty of time for participants to work at a pace that's comfortable for them.  You do you, don't stress so much about what others are doing.

As Kent said already, Ni No Kuni isn't Ultra Rare but that shouldn't stop you from playing it...it's a great game

15 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

1. Choose at least 20 games from the list I have provided to be eligible to enter. These are all UR plats according to PSNP stats not sad face PSN stats.

Edited by Ratchet
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Co-op is more fun and actual players make for better companions than the AI, so if you have a friend who also wants to play the game, try that. As for getting avatars, when you're playing co-op, stand near each other in the hub and press :triangle: to exchange avatar cards. If you want, I'll give you mine.

Ok, I see.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not starting the game yet, will probably start it when I finish Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, but right now I'm mainly focusing on Deus Ex Mankind Divided, since I want to setup the plat ASAP (it's my planned 10000th trophy milestone, ya the Game of Thrones plat, the free FFXV trophies and 100% Gems of War is me just getting side tracked.. still I have until Sunday to setup Deus Ex plat, so I think that I'm still on time, since I hope to finish the Foxiest of the Hounds/Pacifist/Tablet Collector playthrough in a day or 2..).

1 hour ago, MidnightCJ said:

Sorry, I don't know what an Ultra Rare is. I apologize. I thought NNK was an ultra rare because it is so hard to plat. :(

It's a game with a platinum that was earned by less than 5% of all people who have the game on their trophy list. We have two rarities on the site.

1. The rarity of Sony's PSN servers.

2. The rarity of PSNProfiles, which takes the games of all PSNP members into account.

For the Weeblympics, we look at the PSNProfiles rarity.

An example for an ultra rare platinum is Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2706-warriors-orochi-3-ultimate/1-true-warrior

It was earned by 1.55% of all WO3 Ultimate players who have an account on this site.

Anyway, a little progress update on my end: I'm almost done with Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age and completed the Trials. Now all that's left is beating the game and completing the Bestiary. The plat should be doable later today (UTC+1).

Edited by viech54

I'm currently in negotiations with my mentor regarding joining @zajac9999

Trophy hunting is indeed something priceless so I need to check all possible outcomes. 

By the way, I just had a meeting with him and I'm reviewing all the possibilities, so I'll come back soon with the verdict :P

PS: Sad that 6-7 from the list I already have, bummer 

• Like 1

So so far my verdict on Ultra Rares

FFXIV - to long

Superbeat Xonic - to difficult 

Assault Suit Leynos - stupidly frustrating 

DJMaxRespect - only a human octopus with 8 arms and hands is going plat this

Natural Doctrine - NO

So I am off to a great start.

Anyone know of a VN that fits into this category I am a very good skipper ?

Edited by CjShai

11 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I gave up on this, I spent so long trying to do it and while at times I was getting further it just felt like I was making no progress.
I have heard that the PS3 version is easier then the PS4 version but no one could really explain why. One person said the D-pad just works better on the PS3 then the PS4.

That could part of it. Same applies for fighting games on PS3/PS4 because of the different of the DPad. Sharp edges on the PS4 dpad aren't nice. 

I've done Pix the Cat, so I'm sure I'll be fine with Slippery Game. :P

• Like 1

Wanted to show everyone something:

firstlevel9999.jpg

Found this pic I made back in July 1, 2015. I was surprised I still had this. It was my first uber character I made in Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice. After seeing that blog I made in 2015, I realized that Disgaea isn't as almighty as it seems. (This character even one-shot Eryngi Baal with an impercent Yoshitune! :D) So I plan on getting Disgaea 3 and 4 for the Vita soon. Also... [censored picture for various reasons] Why is Mugen Souls Z only VERY RARE?!? :(

Edited by MidnightCJ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

Assault Suit Leynos - stupidly frustrating 

I'm 2 annoying trophies away from the plat and frustrating is definitely the word for some of these trophies. The game itself is a lot of fun but I've encountered multiple issues in trying to unlock several trophies.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That depends, if you craft OP bullets and have avatars from other players with endgame equipment as NPCs, I'd say about 4-5/10. Without those, maybe a 6-7/10.

OP bullets are all you need. No need for avys. Arisa is more than enough ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That game is by no means 6-7 =D 5 max =D

9 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Jesus, this is getting ridiculous...

7 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Sorry, I don't know what an Ultra Rare is. I apologize. I thought NNK was an ultra rare because it is so hard to plat. :(

Ah, that explains things.

5 hours ago, CjShai said:

Anyone know of a VN that fits into this category I am a very good skipper ?

5c82eac27125b1af3d66111debb852f9.jpg

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Why is Mugen Souls Z only VERY RARE?!? :(

I'm beginning to wonder if you're looking at the PSN rarity rather than the PSNP rarity.  

From the PSNP Home Screen click on settings and make sure "Use PSN Rarity by Default" is unchecked

auHG78X.png

That might cut down on the amount of confusion that you're having.  The trophy lists you look at will then show PSNP rarity (you will still be able to see PSN rarity by hovering your mouse over the rarity)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

OP bullets are all you need. No need for avys. Arisa is more than enough ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That game is by no means 6-7 =D 5 max =D

It was for me until I changed my build when encountering the Dyaus Pita, that was a real difficulty spike. I'm surprised you like Alisa over Erina.

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, I see.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not starting the game yet, will probably start it when I finish Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, but right now I'm mainly focusing on Deus Ex Mankind Divided, since I want to setup the plat ASAP (it's my planned 10000th trophy milestone, ya the Game of Thrones plat, the free FFXV trophies and 100% Gems of War is me just getting side tracked.. still I have until Sunday to setup Deus Ex plat, so I think that I'm still on time, since I hope to finish the Foxiest of the Hounds/Pacifist/Tablet Collector playthrough in a day or 2..).

Nice, good luck with Deus Ex Mankind Divided. That one is on my list too.