PSNP Weeblympics

45 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

@Hertz Sorry to bug you about this, I know you're busy. I saw that .hack//GU still hasn't been added to my list yet. It's gone beyond 5.50% now, but I wanted to make sure it was added, since I got it while it was UR.

25 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

It's in the spreadsheet, just not been updated in the OP. So it's noted that you've done it at least.

I'm sorry for saying this, but I'm just pointing out that Hack G.U. isn't eligible at all for this event, because it dropped from 5.50% before it was out for a full month (it was released at November 1st, right?). I got the game during black friday, and at the time looked into the trophy rarity and it was past 5.50 already at that time..

Konnichiwa, 

Ai wouldo raiku chu join disu ebento.

Hiru izu mai risto:

1. Yakuza Kiwami
  2. Yakuza Dead Souls
  3. Way of the Samurai 4
  4. Persona 4 Arena
  5. Record of Agarest War
  6. Agarest Generations of War Zero
  7. Metal Gear Solid 4
  8. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
  9. Cross Edge
  10. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
  11. Terraria
  12. Catherine
  13. Deception IV: Blood Ties
  14. Mighty No.9
  15. Soldner X2: Final Prototype
  16. BattleFantasia
  17. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  18. Yakuza 3
  19. Yakuza 0
  20. Shadow of the Colossus

Thank you for making this event gozaimasu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm sorry for saying this, but I'm just pointing out that Hack G.U. isn't eligible at all for this event, because it dropped from 5.50% before it was out for a full month (it was released at November 1st, right?). I got the game during black friday, and at the time looked into the trophy rarity and it was past 5.50 already at that time..

I thought that was if you get it while it's UR, it counts regardless. There are plenty of other people that have had games count when it went above 5.50 within a month. I won't throw anyone under the bus unless I have to though. 

He also said.

On 11/2/2017 at 3:15 PM, Hertz said:

I'll add it to you guys' list if you plat it while it's still new and in UR.

Which I did.

Also, don't say sorry when you don't mean it. It always makes someone look like way more of a dick.

39 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I thought that was if you get it while it's UR, it counts regardless. There are plenty of other people that have had games count when it went above 5.50 within a month. I won't throw anyone under the bus unless I have to though. 

Also, don't say sorry when you don't mean it. It always makes someone look like way more of a dick.

I was just pointing out that, nothing more, but whatever.

As for the rule that I was talking, it's this from the OP

12. Future games will still be added to the list if the rarity stays the same within a month. You are more than welcome to play the new released games in your list but hope for the best that it doesn't go above 5.5% in a month or else the said game will be voided.

I know that there are a few games that are no longer under 5.5% rarity, but at the time the person got the platinum it was still under 5,5%, and the said games were out for longer then 1 month when they got above 5,5% (unless I'm mistaken, I'm not really policing this stuff, just the Hack G.U. got my attention because I was looking if it was still eligible to add to my list, same stuff that happened with FFXII when it got released).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

He also said.

Which I did.

I'm not following that thread very closely because I often have nothing to contribute (progress in MeiQ has been slow) but I remember people waiting a month for FFIX to see if it would stay UR after the required amount of time. It would be too easy to choose newly released games and boast about a "fake" UR. HACK//G.U. LAST RECODE was released on November 3rd so it's not even been a whole month yet. Your plat doesn't qualify.  Anyway, OP will probably decide what to do on this matter but rule 12 exists for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Ratchet2425 said:

Just to alleviate the confusion that Rule 12 has caused: Me and Hertz talked about this rule back in October and decided that the rule should be reworded to fit how we've been enforcing it since the event began. Of course Hertz got distracted by Lewdz or something :awesome: and the rule has yet to be updated, however I've got Hertz's lewdz held hostage until he updates the OP and fixes that rule. Basically, as long as you platinum a game "while it is under 5.5% rarity" it will count regardless of how long it's actually been out, there have been a couple instances of this happening already and each time we have counted the platinum for that person, so to make it fair for everyone we decided to change the rule to reflect this. Again apologies for the confusion this rule has caused, hopefully this will help prevent anymore confusion in the future.

Now for event update stuff: The Spreadsheet (which again, can be found here) has been updated up to ~28th of November (took me a few days to do inbetween work and whatnot), and I'm helping Hertz with the OP update so that everyone's lists should reflect their spreadsheet entries when he updates it. As for myself I started playing Yakuza 0 a couple days ago and have been really enjoying it so far, hoping I can get it (or another Weeblympics plat) done while I'm on break from my CPA courses 1f44d.png.

So basically, it gives a great advantage to anyone who can by the game day one, play it like crazy and clear it in a couple of days and it counts for this event? Even if the game gets in the VR zone a few days later? Doesn't seem very fair to me. Any weeb game can be added to this event then. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

1L58b475.png

Weeblympics Plat #6 - Anima: Gate of Memories

This game is pretty much a bit of a Devil May Cry knockoff, however it was reasonably fun. I found that towards the end of the game and certainly in NG+ mode the game had some balance issues. However it was still very doable and I managed to get into the top 50 fastest times. The game was on sale for ~ £4 recently which is why I bought it and I had to rush to get it done incase it went over 5.5% Glad to get it done quickly and have it now out of the way. Back to focusing on some of the longer games on my list.

https://gyazo.com/13490eef9dde8b3227c4910f7b97fabe

Thanks for the heads up on the rarity! Didn't noticed it was so close of the 5.5%

I have this on my backlog for a bit, guess I will start it after I finish the GT Sport single player stuff (in an hour or so..).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Thanks for the heads up on the rarity! Didn't noticed it was so close of the 5.5%

I have this on my backlog for a bit, guess I will start it after I finish the GT Sport single player stuff (in an hour or so..).

You might be safe for a bit as the 2nd trophy list is still UR and no one really seems to be playing it.

If I understand the rule correctly, a game stays eligible as long as one region's trophy list has the platinum staying under 5.5%?  Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

23 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

You might be safe for a bit as the 2nd trophy list is still UR and no one really seems to be playing it.

If I understand the rule correctly, a game stays eligible as long as one region's trophy list has the platinum staying under 5.5%?  Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

You are correct, as long as at least one list has an ultra rare plat then all lists count. And given that one list has only 63 owners with recent players ranging from 2 weeks to 6 months ago it won’t be changing anytime soon.

41 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

16 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

You are correct, as long as at least one list has an ultra rare plat then all lists count. And given that one list has only 63 owners with recent players ranging from 2 weeks to 6 months ago it won’t be changing anytime soon.

Ok, and ya, I know that about the 1 list being UR thing (I need to continue Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.. that's something that's 6+% on EU, but last time that I checked there was still a UR list..).

I just completely forgot that there was another list for Anima and started to get worried.. then I guess I will postpone it until January..

5 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, and ya, I know that about the 1 list being UR thing (I need to continue Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters.. that's something that's 6+% on EU, but last time that I checked there was still a UR list..).

I just completely forgot that there was another list for Anima and started to get worried.. then I guess I will postpone it until January..

Yeah, the NA lists for both PS3 and Vita are UR (~2.6%/3.6%) and shouldn't be changing any time soon.

17 hours ago, Myu said:

So basically, it gives a great advantage to anyone who can by the game day one, play it like crazy and clear it in a couple of days and it counts for this event? Even if the game gets in the VR zone a few days later? Doesn't seem very fair to me. Any weeb game can be added to this event then. 

They are obviously getting money from localization companies for promoting their games :awesome: 

Because as you said, due to this rule, buying for the full price gives you advantage and gives more money to companies. 

Sasuga Hertz :awesome: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

They are obviously getting money from localization companies for promoting their games :awesome: 

Because as you said, due to this rule, buying for the full price gives you advantage and gives more money to companies. 

Sasuga Hertz :awesome: 

This will go down in history as the famous Weeb Conspiracy of 2017, right after the "Mein Leben No Git Gud Petition" and the "Tap That Jar 10000 times for a Plat Controversy" :D 

• Like 1

3b08c87681cad87ed8904732ef5537f315122572

1. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3 is now at 18% and I have my new save back to where my old save was and I have progressed further than the old save too. Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is now at 35% and I have no idea how to get all titles in one go unless you can have Yuri/Yaoi in the game and to get ``Ultimate Nation`` do I have to be ``me`` or a famous officer?. Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce is at 25%, I only have one thing left to do in Online Mo...City which is to get a 4 Gods Statue.

2. more work for @Hertz :awesome:

Replace those games on my list

Spoiler

L386d80.pngL9d663e.pngLc4eea9.png

La5a3f6.pngL601ef7.pngLdbdf1f.png

L687e60.pngLeb74d2.png(the PS Vita one)

with Warriors

Spoiler

L77295c.pngL271166.pngL1b3ed9.pngL622d66.pngL79be2c.pngL43a3d6.png

L89f8be.pngL695d9a.png(There was a UR version of All stars)

Next Year is a Year of Warriors/Musou for me.

Now I`am gotta work on Cyberdimension and Senren Kagura PBS(The DLC I was waiting for is out) and finish the

100% melee dodge rate Armor in Dragon Age and beat a Ugly golem and a Spider-like Dragon on PS3 so I can continue on Mugen Souls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

3b08c87681cad87ed8904732ef5537f315122572

1. Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3 is now at 18% and I have my new save back to where my old save was and I have progressed further than the old save too. Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is now at 35% and I have no idea how to get all titles in one go unless you can have Yuri/Yaoi in the game and to get ``Ultimate Nation`` do I have to be ``me`` or a famous officer?.

Titles: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gq7MRCUQyRmuOiWVBEcI9uLxOEiAuke3fPvx3fxPR-o/edit#gid=0

You can't get all titles in one go with one character and don't have to. Multiple playthroughs/characters are mandatory, keep track of what you have and you should be fine.

If you need Way of Life as well, here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FtZC0pmNGg6wxjwehCol8Mf6FpSJWepXHKAa3erWkz4/edit?usp=sharing

For Ultimate Nation, you can spread it out across multiple playthroughs and it doesn't have to be the same character that recruits the officer. Again, keep track of who you recruit and you'll get it sooner or later. You can be "you" for a chance to recruit all famous officers in one playthrough or be a famous officer and change your character on subsequent playthroughs.

As for my progress, I'm slowly making my way through the hypothetical stages on Ultimate difficulty in Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends. Wei's stages are out of the way, I'm almost done with Wu.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

Titles: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gq7MRCUQyRmuOiWVBEcI9uLxOEiAuke3fPvx3fxPR-o/edit#gid=0

You can't get all titles in one go with one character and don't have to. Multiple playthroughs/characters are mandatory, keep track of what you have and you should be fine.

If you need Way of Life as well, here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FtZC0pmNGg6wxjwehCol8Mf6FpSJWepXHKAa3erWkz4/edit?usp=sharing

For Ultimate Nation, you can spread it out across multiple playthroughs and it doesn't have to be the same character that recruits the officer. Again, keep track of who you recruit and you'll get it sooner or later. You can be "you" for a chance to recruit all famous officers in one playthrough or be a famous officer and change your character on subsequent playthroughs.

Thank You for the info :)