PSNP Weeblympics

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Besides the grind what are your thoughts? I keep putting it off but want to start it sometime soon

I think it does its job as a dungeon crawler pretty well. The use of mechas as your front line was a bit weird at first but you get used to it. I enjoyed my first playthrough even if the story is close to nonexistant (but there are few dungeon crawlers where the story is really good, I can only think of Operation Babel right now) and the characters are really bland stereotypical anime girls. 

It's not overly complicated and it could be a good intro to people who don't usually go for this type of games. I'd still choose Sorcery Saga over this one though.

However, the two subsequent playthroughs were a real pain to go through and the last ex dungeon was so hard that I had to go back to Normal difficulty despite having all of my characters maxed out at lvl999 with the best equipment and the best mechas possible. And then, there's the grind as I stated above. It takes about 1 hour to get 1000-1200 enemies down and you have to get to 30k (and i was only at 9k at the end of my third and final run). If you like dungeon crawlers for the sake of completing every map and searching for items and treasure chests in every corner, go for it. If you have something more interesting to play, this one can wait :) 

2 hours ago, Whyfire said:

Weeblympics :platinum:#1

*snip*

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (UR 1.49%)

Are you usually good with fighting games? I've heard this game is quite hard to plat, especially some of the challenges. It seems like you're quite skilled in this genre :D 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Myu said:

Are you usually good with fighting games? I've heard this game is quite hard to plat, especially some of the challenges. It seems like you're quite skilled in this genre :D 

Thanks. I would say i'm a decent player. Game is hard, but its much easier then other Persona game. Challenges are tricky, especially ones between 25 - 30, but as i said with a bit of practice and some yt videos, it's very doable :)

Edited by Whyfire

5 hours ago, Whyfire said:

Thanks. I would say i'm a decent player. Game is hard, but its much easier then other Persona game. Challenges are tricky, especially ones between 25 - 30, but as i said with a bit of practice and some yt videos, it's very doable :)

Who did you used to get the "Don't Think Feel"? That's all I have been missing for the platinum (and the same other 3 trophies for the 100%, but I never tried the challenges for the DLC characters)... This, BlazBlue Continnum Shift (challenges trophies for plat and dlc characters) and Arcana Heart 3 (1 stupidly long combo that we are supposed to never hit the opponent..) are some of the games in my list that I really feel sad for not being able to plat them (same for Catherine.. Babel + me lazy to even try Hard mode..).

Also, as a little update from me.. I started Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Z to get the 8 player trophies out of the way (got stuck + on hold..). Started Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- for some online boost, need to continue.. Continued Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter, currently at the end of story 3 or 4 (still no clue of what I'm doing in it..), and got close to FFIX plat.. trying to setup it for my 175th plat milestone..

And I had a few problems (ps3 blu-ray drive died), but already replaced the system (that's why Shinning Resonance was on hold).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

19 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Who did you used to get the "Don't Think Feel"? That's all I have been missing for the platinum (and the same other 3 trophies for the 100%, but I never tried the challenges for the DLC characters)... This, BlazBlue Continnum Shift (challenges trophies for plat and dlc characters) and Arcana Heart 3 (1 stupidly long combo that we are supposed to never hit the opponent..) are some of the games in my list that I really feel sad for not being able to plat them (same for Catherine.. Babel + me lazy to even try Hard mode..).

Also, as a little update from me.. I started Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Z to get the 8 player trophies out of the way (got stuck + on hold..). Started Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- for some online boost, need to continue.. Continued Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter, currently at the end of story 3 or 4 (still no clue of what I'm doing in it..), and got close to FFIX plat.. trying to setup it for my 175th plat milestone..

And I had a few problems (ps3 blu-ray drive died), but already replaced the system (that's why Shinning Resonance was on hold).

For Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Margaret is the easiest char to do all the challenges with.

Regarding AH3, I tried that combo for a while with a crappy ds3 that I had at the time and struggled. Went back to it quite a long time later and used a ds4 for it and got it in about 20-30 mins, Might be worth giving it a go with a ds4 if you haven't already.

P.s. I would say that I am bad at fighters and trials and I was able to do both, so I'm sure you can with a bit of perseverance. 

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

8 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

For Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Margaret is the easiest char to do all the challenges with.

This. I personally used Labrys since i didn't have DLC, but yeah, Margaret is the easiest one to master for all challenges.

Edited by Whyfire

23 minutes ago, zajac9999 said:

Regarding AH3, I tried that combo for a while with a crappy ds3 that I had at the time and struggled. Went back to it quite a long time later and used a ds4 for it and got it in about 20-30 mins, Might be worth giving it a go with a ds4 if you haven't already.

P.s. I would say that I am bad at fighters and trials and I was able to do both, so I'm sure you can with a bit of perseverance. 

16 minutes ago, Whyfire said:

This. I personally used Labrys since i didn't have DLC, but yeah, Margaret is the easiest one to master for all challenges.

Ok, I think that I will invest time in those after getting the FF9 plat for this event (latelly that % got dangerously close of 5%).

I think my main problem with Arcana Heart is that I always have a hard time doing quarter circle motions for 1 side and the trophy requires 10 or so motions of those (at the time I tried easy mode too, since some reported it being possible, but my best with that was 1 move short of the required combo).

I wouldn't be surprised if my persistence would lead to something, since at times I had other fighting games that I drop because they felt impossible, just to plat them latter after serious commitment to the challenges (original DoA5 and BBCSE on vita).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

finally time to get back into this now that the end of year is here. also can you add these games to my list 

ys origin(ps4)

omega quintet

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Dragon ball z fighters

seven deadly sins: Knights of britannia

Monster hunter world

thanks

Edited by Ampplaca
forgot to add something

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I'm pretty sure we can't predict whether these will be UR =D

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a 1000+ hours platinum for MH World, the chances of it being one of the rarest plats ever are high. But, as you said, it's unpredictable at this point. Capcom might go easy on us or make us grind way more than most other games.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Myu said:

PSNP Weeblympics. I don't think this game qualifies?

Yea, well... 'weeb' :/

We have seen that with Square things :/ :D

6 hours ago, viech54 said:

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a 1000+ hours platinum for MH World, the chances of it being one of the rarest plats ever are high. But, as you said, it's unpredictable at this point. Capcom might go easy on us or make us grind way more than most other games.

Inb4 it's actually easy list :awesome: 

Wow the year is gone already.  Few quick updates for my lists but no new plats just yet.  I've made some progress on MeiQ and Deception IV: Blood Ties and hopefully will add at least one plat in January. Otherwise, holding at 2 but with a bunch more started. Now I gotta get grinding!

Please add to my list: Moon Hunters, Silent Hill 2 HD, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Please remove from my list: Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Way of the Samurai 4 

I may go back to these at a later date but my interest in the Tales games is currently nil. WotS4 will likely go back on after I finish WotS3 but if I don't it definitely won't.

Thanks to our host and the team of statisticians employed to keep this event going. Cheers to all my fellow participants for all their hard work and who help make this event great!

Hope everyone has a great 2018!!!

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 3

On 12/19/2017 at 6:16 PM, Whyfire said:

On 12/19/2017 at 6:09 PM, zajac9999 said:

I'm actually extremely thankful to see these posts since I'm currently working on this game as we speak.

• Like 1