Guide: How to get Just Dropped In/Bros Gonna Bro trophy on PS4

BloodyRutz

EDIT: This method was successfully tested by multiple people and it's confirmed both of the trophies, Just Dropped In and Bros Gonna Bro, are attainable using this method.

This guide is tested by me on Just Dropped In trophy. I'm the latest achiever of this trophy to date. The Just Dropped In trophy is currently only obtainable in Asia region because of the EA servers not working properly in Europe and probably other countries. I've came up with the method to fake the location of my PS4 to Japan via service called VPN and successfully got the trophy. Bros Gonna Bro trophy should work the same way, but I need to get more people to test it.

1) VPN

First of all you need to get the VPN. It's a paid service. I've chosen https://www.expressvpn.com/order. You can currently get it for 12.95 $ per month with 30-day money-back guarantee. You can get the trophy, cancel the service and get your money back.

A single subscription can be used simultaneously on three devices, so you can share the account with 2 of your friends at the same time!

2) Setup your router

Now you need to manually setup your router. Assuming you've already sign up for service, you can log in to your account via https://www.expressvpn.com/users/sign_in.

signin.jpg

Once you’ve logged into the website, click on Set Up ExpressVPN on the Active Subscriptions page.

set-up-expressvpn.png

Click on Manual Config on the left side of the screen and then select PPTP & L2TP-IPSec on the right. This will show you your username, password, and a list of server addresses around the world.

copy-pptp-l2tp-info.png

Now you need to connect to your router and set it up using your credentials from previous step and choose the server you want to use, in this case server in Japan. I own TP-LINK router, so this guide is for TP-LINK. There are many other supported manufacturers. You can look up your router in section Manual Router Configurations using this link https://www.expressvpn.com/support/vpn-setup/.

• Go to Network > WAN.
  • Set the WAN Connection Type to L2TP/Russia L2TP.
  • Enter your username, password that you found earlier.
  • Enter the server address: japan-ubuntu-l2tp.expressprovider.com.
  • Leave the MTU Size at 1460 (the default).
  • Set the Max Idle Time to 0 minutes.
  • Select Connect on Demand.
  • Click Save to save all your settings.
  • Click Connect.

tp-link-router-configuration-l2tp.png

3) Test your settings

Assuming you've followed all the steps, you should now see the Asia region as (Recommended) in Pro Club Matchmaking Region setting.

Go to Pro Clubs - Manage - Club Settings - Matchmaking Region - check if Asia is Recommended.

HsZelRm.jpg

DONE! Now you just need a friend and simultaneously try to Drop-In Match. I got connected in first try and got the Just Dropped In trophy once the game started.

Edited by BloodyRutz
typo
  • Like 3

Hell of a method, I'll try link it in the guide.

Hopefully EA get there act together (wouldn't count on it) and sort this out.

Also, to those who are going to attempt it and it works then @ me so I can get the notifications so I can make sure it's the go to method.

14 minutes ago, Meacham said:

Hell of a method, I'll try link it in the guide.

Hopefully EA get there act together (wouldn't count on it) and sort this out.

Also, to those who are going to attempt it and it works then @ me so I can get the notifications so I can make sure it's the go to method.

I'm in a group of people from all around the world trying to get this trophy for weeks without success. All of the latest achievers are from Asia. This method finally did it. Will try it with others once they read the guide and will be willing to try it.

Edited by BloodyRutz
typo

1 minute ago, BloodyRutz said:

I'm in a group of people from all around the world trying to get this trophy for weeks without success. All of the latest achievers are from Asia. This method finally did it. Will try it with others once they read the guide and will be willing to try it.

I'm not doubting you, a second confirmation is all I'd like to see then I can point it out as much as I can! I've already linked your account and the method into the roadmap. I appreciate the effort you've put in for this no doubt.

• Like 1

This seems to be a great method and ive had a try for a number of hours now but i think my router configuration settings doesnt have the option to change the WAN connection type to what was recommended, the only page it shows that relates to WAN on my router is the following;

Default DMZ Server: [ 0]- [ 0]- [ 0]- [ 0]

Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port

Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port(IPV6)

MTU Size (in bytes)  1500 (default)

Router Mode                either DSL Only  or WANOE Only  or  Auto           

for someone who is no expert (like me) im not really sure what else to do at this stage - my expressvpn is connected successfully and ive changed the location to japan and i have the username,password and have tried different asian servers. Ive also tried setting up a vpn with no luck as well, so any help/advice is welcome!

Edited by carlitosway01

I suggested this method a while ago, I'm glad to see that somebody tried and it actually worked.

I'm gonna try it myself if I have enough boosters for Coop seasons trophy.

If you set up a boosting session for Bros Gonna Bro, and the rest of Pro Clubs trophies, I'm in.

4 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I wish there were still people working together trying to find a suitable method for the Match Day/Be a Pro challenges for PS3 to enable Challenging and On My Own. I don't think many have tried using that trick, since all they could say it was impossible due to fact that you can't change the settings whilst in the game. I don't think there are any active people any longer.

28 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

I suggested this method a while ago, I'm glad to see that somebody tried and it actually worked.

I'm gonna try it myself if I have enough boosters for Coop seasons trophy.

If you set up a boosting session for Bros Gonna Bro, and the rest of Pro Clubs trophies, I'm in.

I've got two people directly from Japan. Setup your router and let me know. We and can try Bros Gonna Bro trophy together.

2 hours ago, carlitosway01 said:

This seems to be a great method and ive had a try for a number of hours now but i think my router configuration settings doesnt have the option to change the WAN connection type to what was recommended, the only page it shows that relates to WAN on my router is the following;

Default DMZ Server: [ 0]- [ 0]- [ 0]- [ 0]

Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port

Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port(IPV6)

MTU Size (in bytes)  1500 (default)

Router Mode                either DSL Only  or WANOE Only  or  Auto           

for someone who is no expert (like me) im not really sure what else to do at this stage - my expressvpn is connected successfully and ive changed the location to japan and i have the username,password and have tried different asian servers. Ive also tried setting up a vpn with no luck as well, so any help/advice is welcome!

What's the name of the router?

9 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

What's the name of the router?

Sky Q Hub ER110 - i hope i have listed the router name correctly. I was thinking that Sky perhaps used one of the routers that were listed in expressVPN, but im not so sure that they do.

here is a link to a review and specification of the modem

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1404519/sky-q-hub-review-a-well-overdue-router-upgrade

Edited by carlitosway01

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

I've got two people directly from Japan. Setup your router and let me know. We and can try Bros Gonna Bro trophy together.

Great! That's perfect.

I've just added you.

We will confirm if it works, I'm 99% sure it will :)

Thanks for the information about setting up a VPN with money back guarantee.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, carlitosway01 said:

Sky Q Hub ER110 - i hope i have listed the router name correctly. I was thinking that Sky perhaps used one of the routers that were listed in expressVPN, but im not so sure that they do.

here is a link to a review and specification of the modem

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1404519/sky-q-hub-review-a-well-overdue-router-upgrade

I'm sorry, but this device probably does not support any kind of VPN at all.

Just now, BloodyRutz said:

I'm sorry, but this device probably does not support any kind of VPN at all.

ah damn - ill just cancel the subscription and get my money back on it hopefully - but looks like no plat for me on this :(

thanks for checking it out for me anyway - and good luck to those who are going for this

On 10/7/2017 at 10:58 PM, carlitosway01 said:

ah damn - ill just cancel the subscription and get my money back on it hopefully - but looks like no plat for me on this :(

thanks for checking it out for me anyway - and good luck to those who are going for this

You can use the windows 10 app of this vpn service and share your PC connection to the PS4 with a wired connection.

I'm gonna do it this way, as it doesn't affect all my network, just my PC & PS4.

It should work too.

EDIT: VPN only worked for me with router configuration, as posted above.

I don't know if it would work with PC if you set up correctly, but I didn't manage to get it working.

Edited by charlijaen

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

You can use the windows 10 app of this vpn service and share your PC connection to the PS4 with a wired connection.

I'm gonna do it this way, as it doesn't affect all my network, just my PC & PS4.

It should work too.

my connection is wireless but i do have a spare wire around. ill try and give this a shot tomorrow - let me know how it goes for you. Hopefully i'll be able to manage it and not get stuck !

10 hours ago, charlijaen said:

It should work too.

Great idea with connection sharing! Hadn't thought of that.

18 minutes ago, carlitosway01 said:

i just got the drop in game trophy thanks to BloodyRutz for the app recommendation, and to charlijaen for the method of connecting - very easily done! Lets hope we can get the other one done as well to confirm that both trophies can be attained :)

@Meacham Just Dropped In trophy confirmed by another player using this method.