The Servers

Hello,

I'm still not finished with this extremely long game... however, at this rate, I might not ever be. :/ I'm not currently playing it, but I'm still collecting the daily rewards so I can complete it easily with power-ups... however, for the past week I have not been able to do that, the servers have been constantly down. Does anyone else have the same problem, or know what might have happened?

• Like 1

i can tell you that i am also unable to connect to the server for the daily reward. i think this started about 3 weeks ago...having the PS3 version.

checked supervillain studios twitter account and their facebook page but nothing about this issue. i am even "glad" to see that i am not the only one with this issue (either i would be the only one or no one else plays this anymore).

• Like 1

You guys are not alone... I took a break from this game a month ago, because I had exams and when I came back to it a week ago, I couldn't connect to the servers too. It hasn't been 2 years since the game was released on PlayStation and we also got the Seasons DLC last summer. It would be kinda unfair if they closed the servers without a proper notice (even though it's not an uncommon phenomenon). I'll try contacting them here: [email protected] and see what happens. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I have some news. 

I contacted Supervillain Studios via E-mail and Twitter and they told me that the game is actually controlled by Disney.

So, I reached out to Disney Interactive Support and sent them this:
"On PS3, the servers for daily rewards have been inactive for a month now. Is it going to be fixed?"

They told me that the development team is aware of the problem as it is happening more and more lately. And they asked me for some information about my internet connection and my region to help in their investigation.

I replied with this:
"Hello, and thanks for the quick reply! 

I live in Greece (EU) and I have a reliable Internet connection. I have been trying to connect to the servers multiple times without success from 2 houses for a month now. I have also spoken with people from United Kingdom, Germany and USA who have the same problem. It seems to affect only the PS3 version of the game, since the PS4 users I've spoken with didn't have any issue with their connection to the servers."

...And this was their message:
"Hey there Nondas, 

Thank you so much for getting back to us! I have passed on that information to the developers so that they may utilize it in their investigation here. Please keep an eye on the Playstation Store for future updates that may resolve this issue. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we get this figured out Nondas. 
Take care, 

Karli
Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight Support"

So, now we wait.... :hmm:
Edited by NaughtyNoddy
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 0:37 AM, Midnightwards1666 said:

I'm starting to think they're gone forever... 100% gone for me. :(

The latest 100% achiever is literally 10 days ago, are you sure the servers are down? Because your latest comment was 3 days before they achieved the 100%! I am playing this on a blank account on purpose just so that i am sure it’s achievable before i go fully in when i hear confirmation. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The servers have been down wrt daily rewards etc, for quite a while. However, that does not mean you can no longer earn trophies as those still just trigger as usual and imho don't have any to do with the game's servers. If a trophy triggers, it's just registered locally, and then synced with the PSN servers once you sync your trophies.

I believe it does make it impossible to earn all the trophies though (unless you pay... I don't know if that's possible without the servers, never tried it). I completed a little under 300 levels, so I still have 170 left if you include all the DLC... however, some of the later levels are really next to impossible without powerups... and for power-ups, I need daily rewards. 

Edited by Midnightwards1666
  • Like 1

On 16/2/2018 at 11:32 AM, Midnightwards1666 said:

I believe it does make it impossible to earn all the trophies though (unless you pay... I don't know if that's possible without the servers, never tried it). I completed a little under 300 levels, so I still have 170 left if you include all the DLC... however, some of the later levels are really next to impossible without powerups... and for power-ups, I need daily rewards. 

Yes, Some leves are nearly impossible without the daily rewards (perfect example: level 248), the game becomes TOTALLY UNFAIR!. 

This sucks.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:17 AM, Midnightwards1666 said:

Hello,

I'm still not finished with this extremely long game... however, at this rate, I might not ever be. :/ I'm not currently playing it, but I'm still collecting the daily rewards so I can complete it easily with power-ups... however, for the past week I have not been able to do that, the servers have been constantly down. Does anyone else have the same problem, or know what might have happened?

ive been playing the game for well over a year first on ps4 mainly and then on ps3. i can say the servers are prob dead. for one the ps3 daily rewards stopped over a year ago while the ps4 servers were still on. lately the ps4 servers have died out also. i think disney was recently shutting a few games down or something so that might be it. one thing to note though was out of the blue one day the ps3 servers did re open once for maybe a week or 2 then went completely dead again. i was pretty surprised they actually made dlc for the game way after the ps3 servers had already stopped lol. my advice is to save any of the powerups for when you get over 500 stars into those high levels because the levels become insane lol. ive been hacking away at the ps4 trying to get enough stars to unlock the dlc for free and i swear i been at it maybe 2 years or since the game came out. so i wouldnt count to much on the daily rewards ever returning to much. on the brighter side, i did stupidly use all the powerups i earned through the game like when you get so many stars you get a free powerup or whatever i used all those on dumb levels. and still made it past level 250. i cant remember offhand what level im at now. but imo this game is not at all a fast game to conquer. i actually love the game but if i didnt i wouldnt of spent so much time on it. i use to play it every morning just to wake my brain up for the day. ive also tried on ps3 downloading it from every territory i could i think i tried like 5 versions. none connected or it said i was installing a game that was already installed so that didnt seem to help either

also you can still earn trophies with servers down, you just wont get daily rewards. on ps4 if it freezes during startup, sign out of your network when starting so it skips past the daily reward checkup screen.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

[long post]

I don't mind long games... but I think I'm at around level 300, and with hardly any power-ups left. The problem is, I'm not so sure it's possible without the power-ups... unless there's some way to exploit them... I don't really want to pay just for trophies. Also, I don't think it's quite a year... more like 8 months. 

EDIT: I'm at level 294, with only 2 pickaxes, 2 snowballs, 2 of something else and a hot drink... I haven't checked what they all do. Do the summer and autumn levels have many that are virtually impossible without power-ups? Just like the infamous level 248. I also sent a little reminder to the email listed above by NaughtyNoddy. 

Edited by Midnightwards1666
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, locutus442 said:

On the Ps4 version they just released a patch that fixed the daily reward issue.  I haven't checked the Ps3 or Xbox 360 versions yet.

I just checked the PS3 version... I had deleted the game and had to re-download it. There was an update (1.03), although I'm not sure if this is normal after deleting games. Sadly, the rewards issue is still the same... and it's extremely unlikely they'd fix the PS4 version then later the PS3... the console is becoming increasingly obsolete.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

I just want to inform you that the servers are back online! All you have to do is to download patch v1.04 (300mb!). Unfortunately,they didnt fix any of the known issues so you will still struggle with explosions not affecting windows etc.

Also I have to say that I am a little bit dissapointed that nobody put a message here. I just saw it by accident on the PS4 forum that the servers were back online and this post was from August (but I am quite sure to have logged in a couple of months ago and there was no patch available).

Maybe @Midnightwards666 can change the topic so everyone will know?!

So I am still stuck on lvl 255 and even with the USB save method I am not even close to finish the level without using a ton of items. I will propably stop at this point and just buy the summer DLC and start from there directly (and using my precious items there). 

Does anybody know if completing a certain season (lets say summer) will give me access to the following season or do I have to buy them each individually (which wont be happening)?

• Like 1

That's fantastic news! A formerly hopeless 100% is no longer hopeless! This topic is for server discussion in general, so I think the topic title is fine as it is. Thank you very much for posting here - I hope this didn't go too long without me knowing about it. 

Yes, completing a season will give you free access to the next. It is possible and my intention to 100% this game without spending a penny. 

Edited by Midnightwards666