frowning upon some trophy hunters

melodicmizery

In the end different people have different standard in how they play games. Platinum time doesn't always indicate actual play time, some games I still come back to even after obtaining Platinum.

Regarding platting the same game in multiple systems, I do have Sound Shape, I think it's easy and fun game, plus cross-buy, cross-save so there is really no reason to not get the platinum again if you like the game.
Platting the same game in multiple regions is a bit different because it requires you to re-purchase the game. I only have one in mind and it's Demon's Souls just because I used duplication glitch to cheese the game. Now I kind of regret it and want to enjoy and getting a legit platinum again, (but f*ck that bladestone)

21 minutes ago, KingFerzad said:

Also i think it's wrong that you bash these people for doing easy plats, while you have done platinums like My name is Mayo, Goat simulator twice, it's kinda hypocritical

I didn't even check out their platinum lists before you mentioned that.

Tales from the Borderlands, 1000 Top Rated, Coffin Dodgers, the Goat Simulator stack and My Name is Mayo that you mentioned....  :D

So is this whole thread just meant as a big joke since you are doing exactly what you describe as "degrading to trophy hunters" with the exception that you don't have a spot in the Top 100?

Edited by iAlphaSoldier
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

am i the only one who think multi platting the same game in multiple regions on multiple systems for multiple easy plats is kind of lame and kind of degrades trophy hunting for us trophy hunters and also for those who arent hunters that look in at us?

thoughts?

Yes you are the only one that thinks that

• Like 4

Only time I've ever played a duplicate game is if I enjoyed it a lot bar Sound Shapes, that was cheap on my part!

But other than that, I really enjoy the Sly Cooper series, I'd gladly play it again. Fantastic games. Not to mention I'd probably replay Dragon Age Inquisition again. I think what is important is that you enjoy what you play, be it hard, easy, 100%, platinum or no trophies at all. Just enjoy

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, even though you may want to consider trophy hunting as a semi-professional sport. There are a lot of people who are very efficient in collecting platinum trophies and have a high tolerance for shitty games. I'd say, they are very dedicated, and as with most things that are done professionally, the fun gets lost along the way and it's basically become a job. I said semi-professional, because there are no disciplines that may differentiate between different kind of players. The leaderboard solely counts qunatity, no quality. If it were fully professional, there'd be different leaderbords (e.g. most 100 rpgs/any other genre, most quickest platinums, etc.). Think about professional speed-runners: they have any%, 100%, no-glitch-abuse and many more categories. That's why I argue, there's no point in getting upset or confused by that. The way trophy hunting works right now, it's just about the accumulation of trophies. As long as it stays like that, quality is worthless, and therefor there is no aesthetics to a trophy list.

Edited by ombowombo
  • Like 3

I think its fine to plat the same game over and over again. I do the same if i like the game. For easy plats like top rated 1000 mayo etc i just got em when they r on sale. I mean 1-5 dollar games with plats is a good deal imo. I think without trophies most ppl will lose interest in most games to play it after they beat the story. For me its like i get a game for 60 euro then i want to get the most experience with it. Thats why i think trophies r a good point on that to continue a game even u r done with it once.

• Like 2

If someone gains pleasure from completing the easiest games on Playstation several times apiece, who am I to spoil their fun? They're not hurting me. I would rather play meaty games than make the leaderboards.

HOWEVER. I have often wondered who we'd see in the top 100 of a "real games only" leaderboard. No visual novels, no duplicates.

I think such a thing would have to be curated by real people rather than completion time, as sometimes with boosting or experience from a previous account, a perfectly good game can have a very low completion time. The point wouldn't be to require Skyrims and kill-you-dead difficulty, just to clear away the multiple copies of VNs and see who's best if you just count game games. Not to replace the existing leaderboards, more like an exhibition match or home-run derby. A fun, alternate contest.

• Like 3