Greatest PS3 moments

SINISTER-SINS_

32 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

I agree,even ps4 brings back old ps3 and ps2 games now which is good for new comers.My greatest moments are mostly Metal Gear related ones.Microwave crawl,final battle with Boss etc and so many other beautiful games.

I know right? I feel like the first year of the PS4s life was spent riding the endless wave of remasters and re releases from the 3! I'm still waiting in fact for that big one to establish the 4 the way Red Dead did for the 3. I think Red Dead 2 might be that game for me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

If I'm being completely honest, and I'm sure I'm going to get a LOT of hate for this, I think the PS3 generation has been the most destructive to the gaming industry. In terms of quality at least. Last gen was when we started getting milked through DLC (especially "season passes" which include content that would've been in the game in any previous era), when we started getting yearly releases of games that got worse and worse every year, have given rise to bug riddled games being released from big companies that could easily have just taken more time to fix the bugs, and started possibly my most hated thing about the current gen, day one patching. Some of these things were used as a way to benefit consumers, but overall, they've just been abused. The day one patch because they rushed the game and didn't care to finish the game and then release it, the "season pass" DLC that includes content that they planned from the beginning that would've been included in any previous gen, instead of extra stuff they thought of after the game was released, the rushed game that's full of game breaking bugs that they released because they knew people would buy it anyway.

I agree on the DLC thing. Besides that, I think the exact opposite. The ps3 era was amazing and I kinda explained why in this thread some time ago by giving examples of the line up.

• Like 2

Shadows of the Damned is one the best game last gen imo. Such a funny game. But this geneeration have been pretty awesome aswell. Its a great time to be a gamer right now.

You got several AAA games releasing every year and a multitude of indie games aswell .Given not all games are up to par, but every year there is a few gems released.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Shadows of the Damned is one the best game last gen imo. Such a funny game. But this geneeration have been pretty awesome aswell. Its a great time to be a gamer right now.

You got several AAA games releasing every year and a multitude of indie games aswell .Given not all games are up to par, but every year there is a few gems released.

Shadows was such an instant classic. The talent behind it dictated that. You got Suda, Shinji Mikami aaaaannnnd Akira Yamaoka.... can't go wrong!

5 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Some of my all time favorite games came out in the PS3 era including Skyrim, Splatterhouse, Dark Souls, Shadows of the Damned and even Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z.

DUDE! Of all the ones named here the only one I haven't platinumed is Yaiba, but I have it in backlog. Fucking great taste in games!?

Honestly I have had PS4s since launch but I still play my PS3s most. So much gaming gold on that bad boy! My favorite PS3 series would have to be -

*Demon's/Dark Souls

* Mass Effect [ME2 Suicide mission was LEGENDARY!]

* Naughty Bear . . .ok, kidding with that one lol. The Fallout Series!

Edited by Bullstomp
  • Like 3

I think one of my greatest memories of the PS3 is when I originally brought it back in 2008 along with LittleBigPlanet, and being blown away by the graphics and the amount of detail you could put into levels you could create.

Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction was also another game I got with my PS3 around the time I brought it. I've always kind of had an on-off thing for that series, I played the first game on the PS2 and some of the second game, then just kinda forgot about it till Tools of Destruction. It really is a fun platformer/shooter series though. After Quest for Booty, I basically ended up just dropping out of the series again till last year.

Demon's Souls was another fond memory, it was initially a game that was extremely frustrating, but not frustrating to the point where I didn't want to play it. I slugged my way through the first few hours, to find a really enjoyable (albeit rather glitchty and broken at times) action RPG, which would sound become one of my favourite franchises.

I still play my PS3 a lot and I still have a massive backlog for it, though I do occasionally return to old games for nostalgia. I had to replace my PS3 system twice last year, after my 2008 fat finally died, then the brand new super slim I got died within just 5 months, but I managed to get a replacement easily enough since it was still under warranty. Still really disappointing though, but thankfully I continued to back up my save files on the new PS3, so I didn't lose anything aside from an hour of progress in one game.

I definitely still see myself playing my PS3 for quite a few years to come, it's definitely starting to feel "last gen" now, but it still has a lot of life in it for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

If I'm being completely honest, and I'm sure I'm going to get a LOT of hate for this, I think the PS3 generation has been the most destructive to the gaming industry. In terms of quality at least. Last gen was when we started getting milked through DLC (especially "season passes" which include content that would've been in the game in any previous era), when we started getting yearly releases of games that got worse and worse every year, have given rise to bug riddled games being released from big companies that could easily have just taken more time to fix the bugs, and started possibly my most hated thing about the current gen, day one patching. Some of these things were used as a way to benefit consumers, but overall, they've just been abused. The day one patch because they rushed the game and didn't care to finish the game and then release it, the "season pass" DLC that includes content that they planned from the beginning that would've been included in any previous gen, instead of extra stuff they thought of after the game was released, the rushed game that's full of game breaking bugs...

Oh man, thanks for bringing that double edged sword up! In my fondness for these memories I guess I forgot the rise of the rip off practices. It doesn't taint it too much for me because most of the AAA stuff plagued by these practices I stayed away from but definitely not a good precedent to set for the future unfortunately.

I have super fond memories of the NES and Genesis too but as an adult with an adult mind, the PS3 is king! ?

49 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

DUDE! Of all the ones named here the only one I haven't platinumed is Yaiba, but I have it in backlog. Fucking great taste in games!1f60a.png

Honestly I have had PS4s since launch but I still play my PS3s most. So much gaming gold on that bad boy! My favorite PS3 series would have to be -

*Demon's/Dark Souls

* Mass Effect [ME2 Suicide mission was LEGENDARY!]

* Naughty Bear . . .ok, kidding with that one lol. The Fallout Series!

That's what I'm saying bro, I'm still platinuming it up on 3 right there with my 4! 

Not one to brag but I will put this out there like I always have- getting the platinum trophy for Yaiba was maybe my most daunting, hard fought gaming mountain to climb and get over that I have ever done!!! Trust me, I got Souls 1, 2 and Bloodborne in the bag and I would say Yaibas overall journey to plat was comparable, if not more so! The old school arcade mode you have to beat for the Quartermaster trophy doesn't take long relative to today's games but it WILL test any hardcore gamer! If you do it I will be the first to congratulate because that baby is only for the most masochistic, hardcore of the hardcore...... besides Naughty Bear of course! ??

13 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I think one of my greatest memories of the PS3 is when I originally brought it back in 2008 along with LittleBigPlanet, and being blown away by the graphics and the amount of detail you could put into levels you could create.

Demon's Souls was another fond memory, it was initially a game that was extremely frustrating, but not frustrating to the point where I didn't want to play it. I slugged my way through the first few hours, to find a really enjoyable (albeit rather glitchty and broken at times) action RPG, which would sound become one of my favourite franchises.

I still play my PS3 a lot and I still have a massive backlog for it, though I do occasionally return to old games for nostalgia. 

I definitely still see myself playing my PS3 for quite a few years to come, it's definitely starting to feel "last gen" now, but it still has a lot of life in it for me.

I'm right there with you, I got a nice backlog I'd like to get to some day but every chance I get I try to knock something out of the way, I told myself I wouldn't abandon the 3 until games like Killer is Dead and Sonic Racing Transformed, Ico and Wolfenstein New Order have been properly played, and I'm sticking to it!

9 hours ago, WesMJ12 said:

My greatest memories are from ps2, wii, and n64! but playing through shadow of the colossus, sonic sega racing, playing through the sly and jak games, little big planet, PlayStation all stars, and Lego marvel are some great memories for me!

WesMJ12.png

I got some great Wii memories as well since that was my sons console of choice you can believe we gamed it ☝, I remember collecting every last star in Galaxy and every green star in Galaxy 2, only wish those came with platinums because they took a platinums effort to beat.

• Like 1

Like I already had the opportunity to say in the thread mentioned above, the PS4 is a console that has been disappointing me a lot. Besides maybe Infamous First Light and Infamous Second Son, that had a very fun gameplay and incredible graphics, there hasn't been a single PS4 exclusive that I can say that I loved or that I found amazing. I loved Transistor, I loved Rise of The Tomb Raider, I had a lot of fun with some Ubisoft's games, like Watch Dogs or AC Unity, but none of these are PS4 exclusives. On the other hand, the PS3's library of games is just amazing. In fact, the more I play my PS4, the more I love my PS3. The PS3 is a phenomenal console, that will always have my admiration. There were so many "wow" moments that I can remember having while holding my Dualshock 3! There were so many times that I remember thinking "Wow, what a fantastic gaming moment I'm having!". Games like The Last of Us, the Uncharted trilogy, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Tomb Raider, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Infamous... gave me unforgettable moments of pure gaming pleasure. The games that I've played on PS4 are lacking something. Maybe the PS3 spoiled me too much, maybe the PS4 can still surprise me in the future, but, until now, I can also say that the greatest gaming moments that I had in my life were given by my beloved PS3. <3

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GoldenSurprise said:

Like I already had the opportunity to say in the thread mentioned above, the PS4 is a console that has been disappointing me a lot. Besides maybe Infamous First Light and Infamous Second Son, that had a very fun gameplay and incredible graphics, there hasn't been a single PS4 exclusive that I can say that I loved or that I found amazing. I loved Transistor, I loved Rise of The Tomb Raider, I had a lot of fun with some Ubisoft's games, like Watch Dogs or AC Unity, but none of these are PS4 exclusives. On the other hand, the PS3's library of games is just amazing. In fact, the more I play my PS4, the more I love my PS3. The PS3 is a phenomenal console, that will always have my admiration. There were so many "wow" moments that I can remember having while holding my Dualshock 3! There were so many times that I remember thinking "Wow, what a fantastic gaming moment I'm having!". Games like The Last of Us, the Uncharted trilogy, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Tomb Raider, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Infamous... gave me unforgettable moments of pure gaming pleasure. The games that I've played on PS4 are lacking something. Maybe the PS3 spoiled me too much, maybe the PS4 can still surprise me in the future, but, until now, I can also say that the greatest gaming moments that I had in my life were given by my beloved PS3. <3

I feel you on what you said, i love the PS4 too but like you said, it still feels like somethings missing. I loved Bloodborne but I didn't get a 4 right away so I didn't get that 'it has arrived' type moment cuz it didn't feel fresh. I waited a year or 2. I think Red Dead 2 will give me that feeling, its weird even Dark Souls 3 didn't wow me as much but it wasn't an exclusive anyway. 

From Dantes Inferno to Lords of Shadow, I feel like the 3 was huge for the Hack and slash genre but my 4 is still lacking in that dept.

Btw nice name ?

Modern gaming didn't fully come into its own till the 3 and 360 era. PS2 had some online component but I never used it or knew anyone that did. Now with all the people you can connect to in most games you are guaranteed to have fun meeting cool gamers. I myself don't play a lot of multiplayer heavy games but you better believe another moment for me was Sunbroing it up in Souls 2 definitely! ?\0/

Edited by tonesdad0408

My fondest memories of the PS3 was all the Tales games that came out, my first game was Graces F, and then Vesperia. I also enjoyed Xillia and Xillia 2 and getting the platinums in all of them. Didn't enjoy Zesteria though. The XIII trilogy releases were also exciting for me and I'd gotten the collectors editions and hard cover guide books for all three. Disgaea 4 and D2 were two other games I enjoyed. 

I have been gaming for 15 years, from the PS1 and then the PS2 where I enjoyed FFX, X-2, XII and the KH games. I also had a GBS, NDS and PSP so I could play every Kingdom Hearts game as I was obsessed with them (and still love them). I stuck to nintendo handhelds and sony consoles, although I had a PSP and have a vita at the moment. Most of my gaming days were devoted to the FF games and 100% exploration which of course, took hours but I enjoyed them a lot. 

Edited by Lava_Yuki

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

My fondest memories of the PS3 was all the Tales games that came out, my first game was Graces F, and then Vesperia. I also enjoyed Xillia and Xillia 2 and getting the platinums in all of them. Didn't enjoy Zesteria though. The XIII trilogy releases were also exciting for me and I'd gotten the collectors editions and hard cover guide books for all three. Disgaea 4 and D2 were two other games I enjoyed. 

I have been gaming for 15 years, from the PS1 and then the PS2 where I enjoyed FFX, X-2, XII and the KH games. I also had a GBS, NDS and PSP so I could play every Kingdom Hearts game as I was obsessed with them (and still love them). I stuck to nintendo handhelds and sony consoles, although I had a PSP and have a vita at the moment. Most of my gaming days were devoted to the FF games and 100% exploration which of course, took hours but I enjoyed them a lot. 

It sounds like you got the JRPG market cornered lol! I guess I've never played too many and never FF. I like them but I was never the biggest fan of turn based combat. That's pretty sweet tho, that's your style. My style would be more to the obscure or at least more shying away from typical AAA with a heavy emphasis on action!

Man speaking of those collectors editions, I might have to start my own thread on that, I love em! 

• Like 2

Image result for catherine vs katherine

I don't know what you mean by PS3 moments but I'm assuming you mean best video game moments on PS3.

Anyways, This scene is Catherine meeting Vincent's girlfriend Katherine. As soon Catherine confirms Vincent is cheating on her, Katherine confronts Vincent and both ladies got into a scuffle. 

Edited by Gamesareify

• The Navajo chapter from Beyond: Two Souls was intensely atmospheric. The game's graphical fidelity, woven with the mystery and strange behaviour of the family set up for a good story-telling experience.
  • Eternal Sonata. Walking through a field of flowers in the moonlight.
  • The beginning of Assasins Creed 3.

• Like 1

Would definitely be the "greatest" to others but for me my fave moments:

Final Fantasy XIII - Sunleth Waterscape Chapter. 

-Sure it is not the best FF game out there, and not even the best FF game released on PS3 but for me, this part is one of those moments why I do still play and love FF games - graphics and OST. Even the chapter is quite short, Sunleth Waterscape became one of my all time fave OST in FF.

rain and Brothers

-Definitely 2 of the most memorable games I've played on PS3. Will never forget the experience.

2 hours ago, Gamesareify said:

Image result for catherine vs katherine

Man, if only all my failed relationships were "just a dream"....

2 hours ago, Eraezr said:
  • The Navajo chapter from Beyond: Two Souls was intensely atmospheric. The game's graphical fidelity, woven with the mystery and strange behaviour of the family set up for a good story-telling experience.
  • Eternal Sonata. Walking through a field of flowers in the moonlight.
  • The beginning of Assasins Creed 3.

Nice, this is exactly the kinda stuff I had in mind when I started this, its those moments that stick with you forever that remain once you're all done with whatever game you just beat. If you didn't have anything that stuck out then its probably for a reason...

12 minutes ago, JaM said:

Would definitely be the "greatest" to others but for me my fave moments:

Final Fantasy XIII - Sunleth Waterscape Chapter. 

-Sure it is not the best FF game out there, and not even the best FF game released on PS3 but for me, this part is one of those moments why I do still play and love FF games - graphics and OST. Even the chapter is quite short, Sunleth Waterscape became one of my all time fave OST in FF.

rain and Brothers

-Definitely 2 of the most memorable games I've played on PS3. Will never forget the experience.

Again, these are the moments that make a game a favorite rather than just another one. Haven't heard of rain but Brothers was one of those quiet yet lasting game that still lingers in my mind, that moment when you woke up in a cocoon.... unforgettable!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

i have to say on bad company 1 is where i had all my fun moments. i met alot of players around the world and put in i think 1,500 hours into that game and got into the top 100 leaderboard. i played day and night with all the regular best people around the world

one time me and my friend colaturka played a match on ascension it was just me and him verse 2 other guys. every once in a while the server would just stay dead. so me and him held off these 2 guys from destroying the crate the entire time. it was extremely hard but we won. i remember seeing him hiding behind a wall, and on the other side of the wall right in front of him was the enemy so i told him on the mic, it was hilarious him and the enemy stood up at the same time and he shot the guy in the face and yelled holy crap did you just see that lmao

another time in that game the same scenario happened with me and a guy in europe we were defending one of the bases against 2 other people. he defended one crate and i defended the other. after i think a hour or 2, we finally won. i remember sweating trying to stay alive because if you died the other person would most likely get the crate. there was a few times my friend died and i ran over and defended both crates super fast. it was those small 2 vs 2 matches that were the best

another time we started a conquest game and i just went crazy with the knife i killed 18 people within about 2 minutes or something and my score was already about 600 points which in that game if you broke a 1,000 was pretty elite. unfortunately the entire other team took all our flags immediately. i often wonder what my score would of been if that match lasted more then a couple minutes and was a long match because i was doing insanely good. i had broke 1,000 points a few times but i think i might of actually hit maybe 2,000 that match.

and last i remember one time we used a mine duplication glitch, we ended up on a dead server again on oasis and since all of us had over 1,000 hours of gameplay we would often just find random things to do for fun besides actually killing. it was me and a few regulars. we laid landmines down on the entire level. a huge trail going from one end of the board to the other. it took us over 3 hours to lay the landmines down. luckily nobody joined the server. when we finally set the landmines off, the explosion was so huge it froze ALL of our consoles at once, crashed the game, and kicked every single player who we knew playing that game at the time all offline. that was the craziest thing i ever seen. whatever server we were on seemed to crash them since we were all from diff parts of the world i think it crashed the main ones that were hosting that game. i always wonder if any other games crashed their multiplayer as well if they were on that server lol

The one that comes off my head is the coop in Resistance 2.  I remember one of the subway levels was just so damn incredible. There were so many titans and elites just flooding in everywhere. It was a complete shit show but so much fun. All the medics are spamming heals the spec ops is just raining ammo and me being a solider just trying to 1v1 the titans. Good times

• Like 1