Play this or watch the tv series?

NickMeister77

This might be a little bit of a random question but I just really wanted some advice, I still have not even watched the series at all (But I do plan to) and I really want to play through this game. If I play through this game first will it spoil anything related to the series or do I need to watch at least a few seasons before to understand certain things, or does it not matter at all if you have watched the series or not before playing this game? Thanks.

The game doesn't spoil anything from the tv show but I would watch the first 4 seasons at least before playing if I were you. At least by then, you'll have a working knowledge of the world and you'll know who all the characters are which adds value to your playthrough. Also, season 7 is coming out next week so this would be a perfect time to binge watch.

Edited by Hayades

99% of the game are not related to the Story of the TV series and the 1% that is, can't be related by playing the game to the series wiithout watching the series since you pretty much don't know which Characters are important in the series. Its still a good decision to watch most of the series before playing the game to avoid possible mental connections and noticing spoilers beforehand.

One will spoil the other unfortunately. If you watch the show, you know what events are about to happen in the game. If you play the game before watching the show, you will know about certain events before they happen. If you plan on watching the show one day, at least watch the show first (at least halfway into season 4) before the game.

Whilst the spoilers are only mentioned as a background to ground the new characters within the established story, the spoilers used are some of the biggest plots within the TV series, I would strongly recommend watching the series first.

I'm actually playing this as we speak and I'm at the beginning of episode 3. I have no prior knowledge of the series and I'm doing fine! The game does a good job explaining the conflicts imo.

I mean I also enjoyed tales from the borderlands without ever playing a borderlands game.

• Like 1

If you plan to watch the show, I'd do that first if I were you. If not, the spoilers that the game provides won't really matter. The show has a very particular feeling to it, and I think it'd be best to experience that first hand before getting the slightly different feeling from the game. And yeah, there are some relatively major plot events that get spoiled by the game, even though you have to be paying pretty close attention to notice most of them.

Well, that's my opinion, at least.

• 1 year later...