Beginner - no equip change help

Guys and girl, I'm literally dying of boredom here.

I'm at chernabog and cant beat it at level 50.

It takes forever to level up on this mode since my attacks are garbage.

I'm begging for any kind of level up strategy here as the Gizmo room just isnt cutting it.

Helllp................

If you're not on beginner mode (you really should've started on beginner mode for this trophy), then the only thing you can do at this point is grind it out. Gizmo shop really is the fastest way to get exp. However, you can get some stat boost items if you haven't done the post card quest in Traverse Town (you can get a defense and power boost for doing that). And if you haven't finished Winnie the Pooh, you can do that and find a couple defense and power boosts in the log jumping page. You can also do the coliseum cups to level up and get some items. Doing the solo ones usually give a stat boosting item, and you can get the amazing Strike Raid. Which wont help for this fight, but it definitely helps in the next room and on the final boss.

Also, make sure you're using Tinkerbell when you start the fight. She will heal you constantly, and will revive you once if you die. You have to land on his volcano to summon her, and the healing isn't significant, but she does help a bit. Especially if you have second chance.

• Like 1

Do you have Second Chance and Leaf Bracer? Equip those, and just go to town on the back of his head. Keep an eye on your health, and use Cure when you get hit, especially by his flame attack. As long as you are constantly attacking him, you should always have at least one MP for cure. Good luck! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evilartifact said:

Do you have Second Chance and Leaf Bracer? Equip those, and just go to town on the back of his head. Keep an eye on your health, and use Cure when you get hit, especially by his flame attack. As long as you are constantly attacking him, you should always have at least one MP for cure. Good luck! 

I had neither and managed to beat the game without them, but it was definitely not easy (even on beginner). Chose the completely wrong weapons at the start. But I made my bed! Didn't help I was also doing the speedrun during it, and trying to do the continue run. Derped at Maleficent and outright forgot about it until literally just after saving. Killed her the second attempt, and entirely forgot about using Tinkerbell. I continued because I didn't want to run through again, even with Dumbo skip. lol... silly me.  [and backed up save was all the way back at Agrabah].

I remember Balrog  (lol)   Chernabog* giving me tons of issues too, mainly due to the lack of leaf bracer. Not being able to heal without interruption is not easy there, or during the final boss.

OP, I'd suggest going slow. Generally you should only die from his AoE attack around him,nothing else is really an issue. If you don't get too greedy while attacking him, you can read his attacks really easily. It's when you get impatient (easy to do with the terribad base stats) and try to sneak in extra hits that you get destroyed. At least that's how it was for me. I really hope you're playing on beginner, because it's the best way to get this done. Since you start with accessories equipped and all those AP/attack/defense ups.

You should be able to hack away at him just fine at level 50, it'll take forever, but you should be able to pull it off if you can read his attacks.

6 minutes ago, phoenix_shade said:

Your tips are helpful! I went out and secured Aeroga and by that point I had enough Elixers and Megalixers to cover the final fight.

One game down... 5 to go 0_0

welp, nvm then :P

Congrats on doing it!

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

Leaf Bracer would have been nice but I read the path i chose meant i had to be level 69 or something and id be long dead by the time that happened.

Once I got super windy spell i guess that was enough to push me over the edge.

Waiting for those final trophies to pop though.... eeps.