License boards

14 minutes ago, StubbsDK said:

Well, that sucks... I loved the old license board, every one started out in different classes, but could become multi-class later.... Nit-picking, I know..

I prefer the new job system. The old license board suffered from the same issues as the materia and junction systems. Everyone ends up being good at everything, removing the need to use any but your 3 favourite characters. But with two license boards in The Zodiac Age, everyone ends up getting more licenses than they got via the old license board anyway. It's just that they're pushing characters in different directions now, which makes you actually think about your choices and actions (as one would expect from a RPG).

1 hour ago, Virdeborn said:

I prefer the new job system. The old license board suffered from the same issues as the materia and junction systems. Everyone ends up being good at everything, removing the need to use any but your 3 favourite characters. But with two license boards in The Zodiac Age, everyone ends up getting more licenses than they got via the old license board anyway. It's just that they're pushing characters in different directions now, which makes you actually think about your choices and actions (as one would expect from a RPG).

I love the materia system and the junction system... I always found that it wasn't the boards that made them different, but the gambit system... But again, I know it's a "small" issue!

I like them in theory, but I think the implementation is bad. I hope they add some kind of affinity system in Final Fantasy VII Remake, where certain characters get stat boosts and such by equipping certain kinds of materia.

I love Final Fantasy VIII too, but the game is clearly broken. You can just junction 100 of the best available spells to all of your stats, remain and level 1 and beat the entire game with ease as enemy levels scale according to your party level.

On 7/13/2017 at 9:07 PM, Virdeborn said:

I like them in theory, but I think the implementation is bad. I hope they add some kind of affinity system in Final Fantasy VII Remake, where certain characters get stat boosts and such by equipping certain kinds of materia.

I love Final Fantasy VIII too, but the game is clearly broken. You can just junction 100 of the best available spells to all of your stats, remain and level 1 and beat the entire game with ease as enemy levels scale according to your party level.

First, FF VII is not a Remake it is a Reimagining as it is a totally different story, different way of playing, nowhere near the same game.

Second, FVIII enemies only scaled when Squall leveled up. So if you never leveled him up and leveled everyone to 99, it didn't effect the enemies.

Even with materia, the character in 7 were still all different. You can change out your party and put on the exact same build and they would not fight quite the same. Same with 12, I got my 3 and I use 4 different classes and I don't touch the other 3 characters unless the game makes me and I don't even look at the other 8 classes. No point. It was the gambit system that made the game different, some people could use it flawlessly and seamlessly and just do some amazing things. Me, I struggle with it still today and just auto pilot attack with two characters and use my main to do everything. Not fun but how I have to do it because the gambit system is flawed and for me and how I understand, it doesn't work the way it should.

No. It'll be a remake. The base story will be exactly the same and definitely not "totally different". Having a new battle system doesn't make it any less of a remake. It will also not take the Compilation into account, as confirmed by Nomura.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is a reimagining - a "what if", alternative timeline type of scenario. That's not what Final Fantasy VII Remake (it's official title, by the way) is going to be.

Edited by Virdeborn
  • Like 1