How do I add players to my friend list?

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Meet random NPC that has icon above their head, accept their mission and that's it.

Once you clear their mission and talk to them again, they will be elevated to level 3 relationship which you need for a trophy.

As for waifus, story progression.

Ok. Also, I can chat with players to increase their friendship levels while doing their quests whenever they send me one, right?

Man, I think you're my go to guy on SAO games. :)

1 hour ago, MMX20 said:

Ok. Also, I can chat with players to increase their friendship levels while doing their quests whenever they send me one, right?

You can, but it's pointless. 

They will not reach rank 3 until you finish up their quest despite having enough points.

1 hour ago, MMX20 said:

Man, I think you're my go to guy on SAO games. :)

I thought everyone knew I'm the ultimate Kirito-kun by now :awesome: 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2017 at 0:51 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Meet random NPC that has icon above their head, accept their mission and that's it.

Once you clear their mission and talk to them again, they will be elevated to level 3 relationship which you need for a trophy.

As for waifus, story progression.

Hey Satoshi,

Do you know if anything changed on the latest update for this game?
I watched the video guide under this trophy but the only message I get from people is the whole "Thanks for doing my quest I may need your help again" with the option as delete only. I stalk the towns but there is no icons above players heads and I have now done 161 different requester quests and the quest board is not creating any new ones.
I am able to talk to them non stop (Tested 11 talks in a row) which makes the bar go up a tiny amount.
I have slept through 3 days, Left the city, done a few Monster hunts and so on but get no new messages  or a quest icon to show up above their heads.
I also cleaned out the mailbox to under 100 messages as some posts on gamefaq mentioned to do this.

Or should I just give it some time to see if someone send me a message ( I want some attention dam it ) and work on some grinding trophies while keeping a backup of the save before I went crazy and traded in half my items to quests.

Edited by fisty123

16 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Hey Satoshi,

Do you know if anything changed on the latest update for this game?
I watched the video guide under this trophy but the only message I get from people is the whole "Thanks for doing my quest I may need your help again" with the option as delete only. I stalk the towns but there is no icons above players heads and I have now done 161 different requester quests and the quest board is not creating any new ones.
I am able to talk to them non stop (Tested 11 talks in a row) which makes the bar go up a tiny amount.
I have slept through 3 days, Left the city, done a few Monster hunts and so on but get no new messages  or a quest icon to show up above their heads.
I also cleaned out the mailbox to under 100 messages as some posts on gamefaq mentioned to do this.

Or should I just give it some time to see if someone send me a message ( I want some attention dam it ) and work on some grinding trophies while keeping a backup of the save before I went crazy and traded in half my items to quests.

I haven't played the game since the 1.01 update so I don't even know what 1.03 brought, I only turned it on to do screenshots for the guide.

When I got it, you only needed to talk to them, accept their quests (not quests from board, their own quest they offer if they have a marker above their heads), clear it, possibly talk them once, change location and then they should send you friend request.

Which automatically puts them to level 3 friendship.

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I haven't played the game since the 1.01 update so I don't even know what 1.03 brought, I only turned it on to do screenshots for the guide.

When I got it, you only needed to talk to them, accept their quests (not quests from board, their own quest they offer if they have a marker above their heads), clear it, possibly talk them once, change location and then they should send you friend request.

Which automatically puts them to level 3 friendship.

Yeah, I am not sure what to do now. The only people that will send me actual friend requests are people like shop keepers and so on. I can not get any normal NPC to show any quests above their heads. I am able to get quests to show up on the quest board some which I have already done. Do it again and the person will send a second thank you message but no actual friend request and their Friendship does not go up by doing the quest again.

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Yeah, I am not sure what to do now. The only people that will send me actual friend requests are people like shop keepers and so on. I can not get any normal NPC to show any quests above their heads. I am able to get quests to show up on the quest board some which I have already done. Do it again and the person will send a second thank you message but no actual friend request and their Friendship does not go up by doing the quest again.

Yes, doing the quest again does not do anything.

However, clearing the board quest 'unlocks' the NPC for the second stage (they appear in town and eventually with quest mark above head and their specific quest).

Maybe try talking to some even if you don't see the icon to see if something changes.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

On 3/15/2018 at 6:36 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yes, doing the quest again does not do anything.

However, clearing the board quest 'unlocks' the NPC for the second stage (they appear in town and eventually with quest mark above head and their specific quest).

Maybe try talking to some even if you don't see the icon to see if something changes.

looks like I am going to have to get NPC's from level 2 to 3 done by making small talk with them. It is going to take a while but at the moment I still can not get any of them to show a quest icon above their heads.

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

looks like I am going to have to get NPC's from level 2 to 3 done by making small talk with them. It is going to take a while but at the moment I still can not get any of them to show a quest icon above their heads.

Hmmm... this is weird... I never experienced something like that...

Must be PS4 version :awesome: 

46 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I have being doing cross save almost every day perhaps the game is breaking each time it touches the PS4 version.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 11:17 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Just found the fix for it,
Summary;
I never had a friend/NPC ask to be my friend or ask to meet up. They were all stuck on level 2, No matter how many quests I did the only way to get them to rank up was to talk to them again and again which gave them a very tiny amount of friendship ranking.
I tried almost every method I could find all over the internet but had no luck.

Fix:
I seen a post on gamefaq mention that messages started coming through for them when they did a green quest in Something Something floating gardens.
I can confirm this worked the area is "Isach Floating Garden" which is found in the first DLC.
This area is basically a spawn of quests when you do one you are sent into a another one right away.
I tested doing one green quest but it did not work, so I went crazy and did a few, I stopped at the quest "A Coldblooded Couple" walked back to the teleport (Not using Map) and returned, on return I got 161 messages from NPC's I had previously did a quest for from the quest board asking to meet up with the option of "Send and Delete" which has never happened till now.

YAY!!!! I assume this bug is for DLC versions but thought I should share it just in case.

Edited by fisty123

You have to keep talking to random NPC's in town.  It will increase their "like" meter a tiny bit.  Keep talking to them over and over and it goes up more until the point that they will send messages to your inbox.  reply back to the messages and keep repeating this pattern until they are all friends with you for the trophy.  Its very easy but grindy. 

• 3 years later...

I was in the same trouble as well and all solutions I found don't work for me.
Prepared to start a new game after cleaning up remaining trophies, yet more than a hundred messages suddenly popped when I had finished playing DLCs.?

Edited by Trailer

• 7 months later...
On 06-04-2018 at 1:36 AM, fisty123 said:

Fix:
I seen a post on gamefaq mention that messages started coming through for them when they did a green quest in Something Something floating gardens.
I can confirm this worked the area is "Isach Floating Garden" which is found in the first DLC.
This area is basically a spawn of quests when you do one you are sent into a another one right away.
I tested doing one green quest but it did not work, so I went crazy and did a few, I stopped at the quest "A Coldblooded Couple" walked back to the teleport (Not using Map) and returned, on return I got 161 messages from NPC's I had previously did a quest for from the quest board asking to meet up with the option of "Send and Delete" which has never happened till now.

YAY!!!! I assume this bug is for DLC versions but thought I should share it just in case.

Dude I have to say you are my hero :D. 

I had the same problem, exactly the same!

So I went to the Floating Garden and fought against the first 3 bosses. The last one was level 150 so I didnt even tryed.

I teleported to the town but nothing happened :(

So I went back to the Gardens and had to wait for the boss event to finish (like 20 min)

When it was over I traveled to the City, but still nothing happened.

So I visited the Gardens one more time, and pum! 140 new messages!

It was so great

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Am I doing this right? I'm also having the issue of the NPC's not giving their additional quest. I now have just over 250 people on the friend list. Anyway, I think I started the DLC chapters but I'm really hoping to get these NPC's straightened out so that I can befriend Basara for the transformations on gear. I've traveled to the Isach Floating Garden and did the green quest thing. I killed all the waves (Tauros monsters, then some monster duo, then the giant tree, and lastly the demon twins) Once they were all dead I received a quest clear chest and then the episode monster, Vicious Magus, appeared. At this point I traveled back to the teleporter by foot and went back to town. Nothing happened so I switched areas in town a couple times, still nothing. I then travel back to the Garden area and it still says the Vicious Magus is around. (No way I can beat this guy) but no NPC messages at all yet. I've now traveled back in forth a couple times from the Garden to town and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Edit/Update: I'm now all good. I had 200+ messages all pop in right after I completed a couple of the level 20 gathering message board quests and switching zones. So completing a couple high level quests may be needed.

Edited by Champ147