Season Pass/DLC Delisted? [Edit - All DLC now permanently free]

diskdocx

The DLC for this game has been so expensive, but I saw a good deal on the base game. Went to check on the DLC pricing, and none of it shows up in the Canadian store now? Season pass and complete editions aren't there either.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/search/q=doom

In the UK store they show up as not available to purchase

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/f=^doom|bucket~games

I was hoping that there would be a complete edition/GOTY version on disc, but that's looking unlikely.

Edited by diskdocx
Topic title updated
  • Like 1

Yeah, I looked earlier on when I saw the topic.  The DLC is there, but says it can't be purchased now, not unless you own the Season Pass, and the Season Pass in question is no longer on the store.  So wonder what's going on there, especially when I haven't even gotten around to getting the DLC for the game to 100% it (whenever that was going to be x.x).

@diskdocx I bought the complete edition when it was on sale last December for $30. I think I've seen it go on sale one other time since then. There isn't really that much to it. I hope, for your sake, they relist it. Just know that the servers were dead when I played it 6-7 months ago.

If I recall correctly Doom was the first game released by Bethesda without giving a "first look" to reviewers before selling to the public. It was supposed to be some bold move by the company. Guess it didn't do as well as they hoped.

Of course, if they really wanted to test such a theory they should have tried with a brand new IP. The fact they failed with the Mack daddy of all FPSs explains why I haven't heard anything more about this strategy.

3 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

If I recall correctly Doom was the first game released by Bethesda without giving a "first look" to reviewers before selling to the public. It was supposed to be some bold move by the company. Guess it didn't do as well as they hoped.

Of course, if they really wanted to test such a theory they should have tried with a brand new IP. The fact they failed with the Mack daddy of all FPSs explains why I haven't heard anything more about this strategy.

Doom actually was received and sold well. It's just that the multiplayer kind of sucked.

18 minutes ago, boringname123 said:

Doom actually was received and sold well. It's just that the multiplayer kind of sucked.

I'm thinking the price didn't help. The DLC was almost as much as the original game.

If this is removed, then I may just rent the base game and play it on an alt account. Otherwise I'll just skip it completely.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2017 at 1:33 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I looked earlier on when I saw the topic.  The DLC is there, but says it can't be purchased now, not unless you own the Season Pass, and the Season Pass in question is no longer on the store.  So wonder what's going on there, especially when I haven't even gotten around to getting the DLC for the game to 100% it (whenever that was going to be x.x).

I felt the DLC was a big waste of money considering it's basically just "trying" out new costumes and monsters for a bunch of easy trophies. 

Quite frankly I don't care about the DLC, but I would like to platinum this game in the coming months and I don't know if people still play multiplayer in the base game. It's still mostly single player, but you're required to play a little multiplayer if you want the platinum.

On 13-7-2017 at 3:25 AM, diskdocx said:

The DLC for this game has been so expensive, but I saw a good deal on the base game. Went to check on the DLC pricing, and none of it shows up in the Canadian store now? Season pass and complete editions aren't there either.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/search/q=doom

In the UK store they show up as not available to purchase

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/f=^doom|bucket~games

I was hoping that there would be a complete edition/GOTY version on disc, but that's looking unlikely.

They probably will :)

9 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

Looks like great news!

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3lw31bjKOsagegSyIYWIEg/the-ultimate-doom-update-6-66-all-dlc-unlocked-free-weekends

If I'm reading that correctly ; *all* mp dlc will be free to everyone 

Well, that's a giant slap in the face to anyone who actually bought the season pass, especially for full price. I was stupid enough to do that. Remind me never to buy a season pass for a Bethesda game again...

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Well, that's a giant slap in the face to anyone who actually bought the season pass, especially for full price. I was stupid enough to do that. Remind me never to buy a season pass for a Bethesda game again...

Agreed. If they would have done something for those of us that bought it, that might be different (Like Battleborn did) but fuck them if they just make it free for everyone without doing anything for those that bought it (oooh, the option to give up, or keep what we paid for with DLC unlocks...)

I'm happy for those who will get it free, but it's a huge slap in the face for us that paid. Honestly, this DLC should have been free from the get go. 

• Like 1

This really sucks for those that paid for the DLC. It should have been free from the get go

Better yet, if we're going to be honest, this game should not have had MP to begin with. Doom has always been a great SP experience, and the recent Wolfenstein reboot should have been proof that a solid SP FPS could still sell well.

MP is expensive to develop and maintain, and not every game needs it.

• Like 1

I just played the MP for a couple of minutes but now, with all dlcs coming to everybody, I might check it out again. As far as I read the trophies correct, they don't seem to hard or time consuming and the "low" achievement percentage is to the lower amount of people owning the dlcs i guess, right?

Hey, at least we got to enjoy the season of exciting multiplayer matches with our cool exclusive demons, armor pieces and emotes!

Seriously though, I do wonder if anyone bought these DLC for anything else than the trophies. The multiplayer for Doom was dead from the release. I think any time a new DLC released and I was doing the trophies, there was like one lobby up.

I guess they figured the only people who actually would want to buy the DLC were people interested in 100% trophies, and many of those people would be waiting for a 80%+ off sale anyway. Probably makes more sense to just throw the DLC in as a freebie to attract some new peopel to buy the game or whatever.

Of course it's not very nice towards those people who actually bought the season pass, but it's not exactly the first move of that kind from Bethesda.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Of course it's not very nice towards those people who actually bought the season pass, but it's not exactly the first move of that kind from Bethesda.

I got the season pass for 10€ a couple months ago when it was on sale and I just feel scammed and screwed now.

That sale was a nasty moneygrab by Bethesda, knowing that they would put the DLC for free the following month.

Season pass holders should be compensated in some way, at least in-game items.

I can't even think of how people who actually paid the full price are feeling right now.