PlayStation 5 rumored release date 2019/2020

Cuddlez227

NOV 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, NOV 2020 (7 years the same as PS3, announced in early 2020)

But i actualy believe it will be announced in early 2019 and released in Nov 2019.

A lot of XB users will be pissed that a new gen started 2 years after they aquired "The Most Powerful Console", lol.

First release date:

PS1 - December 3, 1994

PS2 - March 4, 2000

PS3 - November 11, 2006

PS4 - November 15, 2013

6 or 7 years between two successive generations, then my prediction for PS5 release date is 2019/20.

Did I become an analyst? I think I am, and deserve a reward.

I'm thinking around 2020. If they were to release a console next year and label it 5, would it really be that much different from a Pro or the new X coming out? Will technology advance enough?

I mean, the way I see it is 4K is new, not entirely new a few years new BUT it's only just recently becoming more and more common. Developers are getting more and more used to it and you can still see PS4 games improving with current releases so I still think there's a few years left of the console for improvements. If 5 was to release they would want to make sure that everything is 4K and are there enough people to buy it sure. BUT a lot would miss out also. Take into consideration. I remember when HD was a thing. At the beginning it was a luxury. Pretty similar to 4K but gradually over the years became commonplace. Like literally every TV you buy now is HD. I still don't think 4K is there yet. In my eyes I just don't see what they could do to improve consoles that isn't a replica of X or even anything superior without it then in a couple of years being outdone again.

Maybe what I've just said is a load of shite but I just don't believe there's enough at the moment for there to be a brand new console that isn't going to be the same as X or Pro.

• Like 1

From what I recall, I'm pretty sure this "analyst" is known for getting a lot of his predictions wrong, so I'm taking this all with a pinch of salt.

I personally don't think we'll be seeing a PS5 for quite some time yet. I just can't really imagine the need for a new console right now, in what ways could they improve it past the capabilities of the PS4 Pro with current technology? I think when 4k TVs start to become the norm, and regular HD TVs start dying out like the old CRT sets did, then that's around the time we'll likely be seeing the PS5, when technology has progressed to the point that a brand new console would be needed, and not another "half step" like the PS4 Pro, but a full fledged new console.

Obviously that's just my opinion, but it seems unlikely for Sony to make a "half step" with a brand new console. They're not like Nintendo who's always a step back on technology (sorry Nintendo, as much as I do love your exclusives), they've never half-assed a console in terms of its power and capabilities so far since the original Playsation, imho.

Edit: lol, didn't notice the post above me until I posted this myself, but they're basically saying the same thing I did.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1