Bad Company Server Issues

Going for the last 2000 kills, I am experiencing severe server issues in the last couple of days/weeks. The game connects and lets you play for 5 minutes or so before the connections drops. When you try to find a new game, you get into a newly created one with 80% of the players from the previous round. (so its not just me) 

Does anyone have some info whats the cause or are they shutting down the servers slowly? 

Oh, and the kills you achieve in the round are gone as well and not counted. 

1 hour ago, Driller-Fil said:

Going for the last 2000 kills, I am experiencing severe server issues in the last couple of days/weeks. The game connects and lets you play for 5 minutes or so before the connections drops. When you try to find a new game, you get into a newly created one with 80% of the players from the previous round. (so its not just me) 

Does anyone have some info whats the cause or are they shutting down the servers slowly? 

Oh, and the kills you achieve in the round are gone as well and not counted. 

I can't say whats the cause but i am counting my kills and i think they are included even if the server crashes after a few min... but i noticed since the server crashes a lot (sadly if there are few people in a match) the game takes some time to update my kill stats... i too was sometimes worried that nothing counted (even if a match lasted half an hour) but looking a day later i saw the expected amount of kills...

Getting through is hard on its own... but now it's even worse :( (i like nearly empty servers)

I contacted EA support, the gist of it is:

Server supports up to 4 lobbies (ideally 2 conquest, 2 rush), when a 5th one is created it boots everyone.

I've asked to either up the limit back (tbh 6 servers should be enough for the whole playerbase) or lock it to 4 max, so it won't crash.

Support dude said he'll message the devs, so there's hope. I only need 3k left for plat, so I'm rushing (see what I did there) to get it done.

I've also made a thread on the community forums, and got a reaction from one of the managers. Please vote "Me too" in the thread so it'll get more attention:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Battlefield-Games/PS3-Bad-Company-1-s-Rush-servers-keep-crashing/m-p/6168067#M8535

Edited by EmperorElfenSky
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...