Progression question

Stargazer2600

So I completed the game once. And I'm locked the ability to choose through episodes. I went through chapter 2 all the way to 5 to fix the mistakes to get the Collectibles. However I realize on chapter 5 that I would actually need to go back to chapter 1 to pretty much fix something else. 

The thing is is I've already done so much from 2 to 5 that I really don't want to replay everything all over again. My question is can I just play Chapter 1 to fix what I need to and go back to 5 or do I honestly have to play everything from 1 to 5 again?

Edited by Stargazer2600

Collectibles carry over you can skip between episodes and pick them up as you go.

BUT to 'fix' stuff you did you need to play them in succession, for example i did a playthrough since ep.4 where i killed everyone and then reloaded ep. 10 to just do Instant inferno trophy and all the characters were alive from my first playthough not my previous 'kill everyone'.

Unfortunately for the decision to matter if you screwed up something in 1 you need to play all the way back from 1. I would suggest doing collectibles first and then a speedrun later doing only the stuff you need to cut short the time