Any tips on getting 3 stars for Best Lap Challenges?

Graffin_G

I'm down to about 5 skill checks left and 3 of them are for the Best Lap Challenges, which I seem to suck at.

Are there any YouTube vids on how to get these?

And is there an easy way to get 15 karts in the Takedown Challenge? I'm really struggling to get any more than 6.

Any tips on which character/car is best to use, or any advice would be welcome.

The rest are pretty easy. A lot of them can be done in the Playground or with a 2nd Player/Controller. If anyone needs help with a particular skill point, i'd be happy to help!

• 3 weeks later...

Use jackson storm. For some reason i go super fast when i use him. But in reality there are no fast cars. They all have the same speeds.

Get used to abusing the two wheel mode to always get boost. Use the boost as soon as you get it.

I have another thread that I just finished creating. In that video i show my tactic for getting those 3 challenges you mentioned done. So check it out. it has a timeline so just click to that part.

Hope it helps :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips rubhen925.

I got them eventually (along with the platinum). Though, it took a lot of effort and swearing at the screen when i'd get as close as less than a second to the time I needed to beat.

I thought this would be an easy game and was gonna attempt the PS3 version for another set of trophies, but I think i'll tackle that once the game drops in price.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I got most of the Best Lap Challenges out of the way the first time I did it, I played as Jackson Storm and set it to one lap only, always drive sideways to fill up your boost, once it’s full go into the zone or just keep boosting up to you, always know where the shortcuts are and you should be golden :) 

I know people found this hard but I got all three stars in all events for it, goodluck and have fun!