The skillful wolfman trophy

maniek515

I'm after my 1st playthrough w/o using guides whatsoever. Now I'm on my way for play and try to get everyone saved, find all collectibles as well as grab all miscellaneous trophies but I think I might have screwed up this one. In chapter 4 (or 5, can't remember) when you encounter wolf playing with Mike, I chose to kick him. Does it mean trophy became unobtainable within this playthrough? 

8 minutes ago, Kyl542 said:

I dont think it will affect the trophy for saving everyone, but high chance at this point you missed your chance to get the trophy for keeping the wolf alive throughout the game

:(

I'm gonna need to start over from chapter 4 instead of 6 when doing 'Kill everyone'  trophy then. Perhaps you can tell me one more thing. Do collectibles carry over playthroughs? I'm at chapter 6 atm and just realized I missed one damn thing right after I posted. 

I think you might be fine if you offered the wolf a bone shortly after kicking him. I believe that action does let Mike approach the wolf and befriend it even if you initially kick it. However, if you didn't befriend the wolf in chapter 5, I believe the trophy has become unachievable in that playthrough.

Just now, maniek515 said:

:(

I'm gonna need to start over from chapter 4 instead of 6 when doing 'Kill everyone'  trophy then. Perhaps you can tell me one more thing. Do collectibles carry over playthroughs? I'm at chapter 6 atm and just realized I missed one damn thing right after I posted. 

yeah at the end of the game you can select chapters and get any collectibles/ mics trophies left

1 hour ago, Lethal-Desires said:

It depends, did you give the wolf the bone or pet it after? If you did neither you may have to play it over again on your kill everyone playthrough.

I definetly didn't give it a bone, can't remember if I pet it after kicking, honestly don't think so. Well it's not a big deal, still have to give it one more go. 

Ps. Maybe it's just me but I really had fun playing for the 1st time without giving a crap about trophies, however grinding platinum is absolutely exhausting for me. 

2 hours ago, maniek515 said:

I definetly didn't give it a bone, can't remember if I pet it after kicking, honestly don't think so. Well it's not a big deal, still have to give it one more go. 

Ps. Maybe it's just me but I really had fun playing for the 1st time without giving a crap about trophies, however grinding platinum is absolutely exhausting for me. 

for the skillful wolfman you need to not kick it, approach and pet it and give it the bone. also later after you blow the bridge with 2 wendigos and get the option to barricade the door as oppossed to run you have to baricade it.

I'm not sure if you have to pet it AND give it the bone. I pet the wolf and it gave me the butterfly effect that I had befriended the wolf, and then I also gave it the bone after and nothing happened.

On my girlfriend's playthrough she did neither and the wolf still followed Mike. (But she didn't barricade the door so we missed the trophy anyway)

Edited by g-bake_1986

3 minutes ago, g-bake_1986 said:

I'm not sure if you have to pet it AND give it the bone. I pet the wolf and it gave me the butterfly effect that I had befriended the wolf, and then I also gave it the bone and nothing happened.

On my girlfriend's playthrough so did neither and the wolf still followed Mike. (But she didn't barricade the door so we missed the trophy anyway)

I got it while going for 'kill everyone' trophy and replaying from chapter 5 till the end took me 3, maybe 3,5 hours so it wasn't as bad as I expected. Even if it took longer, blasting a bullet through Emily's eye was satisfying enough :)