How often do you clean out your car?

SlaveBeastTaka

Legit cleaning happens like maybe once every 6 months or so; I mean like actually using a vacuum and cleaning wipes at a car wash location. Most of the time though, I just grab stuff by hand whenever I'm pumping gas and there's a trash can close by. I'll admit though, fast food receipts and junk mail do occasionally pile up due to laziness.

• Like 1

I keep the interior of my truck clean, I don't eat in it and the only thing I drink is water which is in a gallon jug and that stays with me at work. My wife and son occasionally eat something in my truck but they both know to throw any garbage they have away when we get out. 

I do keep all my fuel receipts though, I have a cigar box in my glovebox and every time I fuel up my truck I put the odo reading as well as my fuel mileage for that tank in the cigar box just to have for my records. 

Parker

When i was in college (and for a number of years after), all I ever had were used cars and others discarded hand-me-down's... didn't really care about them, and they'd get pretty messy.  Coffee cups, pop bottles and food wrappers were not uncommon to be piled up on the passenger side feet area.  I'd clean them out every couple of months maybe. xD  It was admittedly humiliating the handful of times, say, my boss needed a ride somewhere unexpectedly and had to swim in the filth on the passenger side of my cars.

Ever since I recently (in the last year or two) went and got a legit new car, I just never make a mess in it.  I don't eat in it, if I drink anything I make sure it comes inside with me.  On the very rare occasion something does spill (maybe if I'm picking up food on my way home from work), I make a conscious effort to clean it up right away.  I keep air fresheners recycled as needed to keep the inside smelling real nice.  Granted the car could probably use a vacuuming or something, there's a bit of dirt and stones and crap dragged in by the feet area... but what am I, superman?  And maybe some receipt buildup in the middle thing.  I'll take it through the car wash every couple of months... but once I move to my new place, I'll have the freedom to do that a bit more often myself (soapy water bucket and a brush).

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't usually bother cleaning out the interior of the car. Since I work with animals, it's always going to get some pieces of straw on the carpet and chairs anyway, if I vacuumed it out, it'll be back within a day or two. I don't generally keep junk in there anyway, but my mother does like to leave empty water bottles and wrappers everywhere, but I can never really be too bothered to clean up after someone else, so I normally just leave it unless it gets really bad.

I clean the exterior of my car whenever it gets dirty. It's normally just a case of wiping of a bit of bird poop, but sometimes I'll do a more thorough clean if the whole bodywork is dusty or otherwise dirty.