I want Tokyo Ghoul Jail to get an English version

TechnicalPixel

To be blunt... what one person wants is not really of concern to companies. =D

But I'll explain this a bit more because the above sentence sounds way too blunt =D 

No, no chance. By now, Tokyo Ghoul may be one of series that still holds its ground when it comes to popularity in the west. But... it doesn't have anime to boost popularity even more. It's holding its ground, but that's all. Gone are those times when it was everywhere with only Eotenas being on the same level.

sqrt(A), and we do not talk about sqrt(A), is already 2 years old, for most people, ancient history. 

So, even if they were to bring it, it wouldn't be hyped like for example Eotenas, Nanatsu no Taizai or Little Witch Academia all of which had anime adaptation in recent years.

In other words, if Bamco were to localize it, they would have done it when TG was on peak of both popularity and exposure. Which brings us to the actual release of the game. That was really bad for possible localization. Since the game came in October, the localized version would be at best year and half after the last Tokyo Ghoul related thing happened. 

Which is why they most likely scrapped the localization idea at the beginning. 

And this doesn't even take licensing into consideration. 

tl;dr: Import.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

To be blunt... what one person wants is not really of concern to companies. =D

But I'll explain this a bit more because the above sentence sounds way too blunt =D 

No, no chance. By now, Tokyo Ghoul may be one of series that still holds its ground when it comes to popularity in the west. But... it doesn't have anime to boost popularity even more. It's holding its ground, but that's all. Gone are those times when it was everywhere with only Eotenas being on the same level.

sqrt(A), and we do not talk about sqrt(A), is already 2 years old, for most people, ancient history. 

So, even if they were to bring it, it wouldn't be hyped like for example Eotenas, Nanatsu no Taizai or Little Witch Academia all of which had anime adaptation in recent years.

In other words, if Bamco were to localize it, they would have done it when TG was on peak of both popularity and exposure. Which brings us to the actual release of the game. That was really bad for possible localization. Since the game came in October, the localized version would be at best year and half after the last Tokyo Ghoul related thing happened. 

Which is why they most likely scrapped the localization idea at the beginning. 

And this doesn't even take licensing into consideration. 

tl;dr: Import.

Oh Okay that does make sense. I will most likely import it. It's a shame that no one has made an English patch for it. 

3 hours ago, JaM said:

well... for henkaku.

anyway... well... we can only hope for the localized version. To this day, I am still waiting and hoping for a localized PSN version of Clannad :|

Yeah hopefully one day they'll give the English fans a localized version of Tokyo Ghoul Jail and Clannad 

3 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I'd really like that Owari no Seraph game to get translated but it's just a dream. I'm hoping one day I'll find the JPN version cheap & pick it up.

Tokyo Ghoul Jail is getting a welcome price edition this month. 2500 Yen at amiami. Pretty nice price.

Okay thank you for telling me about that I will definitely in the future buy the welcome price edition.

14 hours ago, readytofuky said:

I'd really like that Owari no Seraph game to get translated but it's just a dream. I'm hoping one day I'll find the JPN version cheap & pick it up.

What is cheap for you? 

I bought it for ~20€ on Nin-Nin.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/psvita-used-games/20884-owari-no-seraph-unmei-no-hajimari-standard-edition-psvita-used--4573173302241.html

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That would be around 40-50 AUD after shipping which is what I'd consider a reasonable price. NinNin takes around a month or more to get games to me but that's not a dealbreaker, I might have to poke around the site a bit more to see if I can pick that up with a few more titles from my want list, thanks for the heads up :)

First 10 minutes of the game looks like a cinematic game like Steins;Gate 0.. 

Huge fan of the anime/manga tho, but i'd love to see a better Tokyo Ghoul game made, but before that they need to redo the anime & include everything they cut out from the manga. 24 episodes.. i did that in a day & a half ):

• 4 months later...

It's funny, I still haven't started Owari no Seraph (it's out though, I often walk past it & think about opening it) but I started up Tokyo Ghoul Jail a couple of days ago & I really like it a lot. There's just something about it. Nice audio/visuals & the gameplay is really cool. I haven't seen too many turned based systems that move along so fast and have a 'think quick' aspect to them. I could barely find any information even in Japanese but it's been pretty easy to figure out what to do. I also love the way it's possible to loose so many battles early on in the picture, it makes the progression with the new skills rewarding. I leveled up to 'S' last night & I can't wait to fight some of those battles I lost last time around.

With all that said if there is any information out there like a walkthrough, full skill list or anything like that I'd really love to know about it! I'm just going to keep plugging away at it regardless but I can't help but wonder if my Japanese searching skills aren't as adequate as I might have thought.