D23 EXPO Trailer & Year Release Announcement

TwilightSpira

Hey guys, don't know if it was already posted but finally D23 is happening and with it the new trailer for the game, I won't spoil anything because you can all see for yourselves, but oh my how beautiful and enchanted life is. xD

After watching off course I'll naively say the wait was worth it, but please Square release the game and make my inner child flourish again, it's long overdue. 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 4

I won't lie, I had a few goosebumps watching this. The game looks epic. The soundtrack seems to be on point. The graphics and the fact we have a release year is amazing.

Spoiler

I hope Tom Hanks and the original cast do the voices and not some sound a likes. Don't see why he wouldn't but as someone as big as he is I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Ooops, I completely skimmed the OP, I've put in spoilers so it won't ruin it for people.

Edited by Meacham
  • Like 1

[[[[You've got a friend in me INTENSIFIES]]]]

I... been waiting for this since the very first time I played Kingdom Hearts. I couldn't be more happier ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Meacham said:

I won't lie, I had a few goosebumps watching this. The game looks epic. The soundtrack seems to be on point. The graphics and the fact we have a release year is amazing.I hope Tom Hanks and the original cast do the voices and not some sound a likes. Don't see why he wouldn't but as someone as big as he is I'm sure it won't be cheap.

:D glad you feel this way but I'm sure they will. So far all the original voice casts were used in all kingdom hearts games so I'm sure they will voice their characters.

I'm so happy with this new video and toy story is a dream , reminded me when I played toy story on mega drive as a kid, ?

1 minute ago, Mah2c said:

:D glad you feel this way but I'm sure they will. So far all the original voice casts were used in all kingdom hearts games so I'm sure they will voice their characters.

I'm so happy with this new video and toy story is a dream , reminded me when I played toy story on mega drive as a kid, 1f62d.png

I'm just happy there's news. SE have a way of building you up and then smacking you down to earth FF7 Meteor Style. It's up to Sora and the gang to cast that HOLY and save us all with KH3.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Meacham said:

I'm just happy there's news. SE have a way of building you up and then smacking you down to earth FF7 Meteor Style. It's up to Sora and the gang to cast that HOLY and save us all with KH3.

I feel you mate, the year announcement made my head spin with excitement, but even trough we had this wonderful news, still Square.

But i'll be honest at least it gave us hope for a earlier release date, with DQXI releasing next month in Japan, KH3 may finally be the next in line.

I feel you mate, the year announcement made my head spin with excitement, but even trough we had this wonderful news, still Square.

But i'll be honest at least it gave us hope for a earlier release date, with DQXI releasing next month in Japan, KH3 may finally be the next in line.

Definitely. The fact they've said 2018 and not early 2018 says to me between a September - December release. Reason I say that is barely anything comes out in the summer and they would of said early if it was Jan - April. That's the way I see it.

I just wish they'd take a few pointers from Western developers and announce a game a couple of months before release like Bethesda. I pray for an E3 where they show FF16 or FF8 remake reveal trailer and then at the end be like "Ohh and it's out in October" :ninja:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Meacham said:

Definitely. The fact they've said 2018 and not early 2018 says to me between a September - December release. Reason I say that is barely anything comes out in the summer and they would of said early if it was Jan - April. That's the way I see it.

I just wish they'd take a few pointers from Western developers and announce a game a couple of months before release like Bethesda. I pray for an E3 where they show FF16 or FF8 remake reveal trailer and then at the end be like "Ohh and it's out in October" :ninja:

Are those one of your top4 final fantasy games too? Knew you had that spark by coming here fast as lightning, greatness attracts greatness. 

Ff6 is a masterpiece and even releasing the pc port with trophies, would make me happy, funny is that those games have a complete trophy list already on steam, so why not right? Celebrate the 30th anniversary right, square. 

Ff8 is excellent too, I won't talk much about it so it won't cause a stir, but let's just say that is one that stomps on a fan favorite :P

A Christmas release would be best for kh3 to maximize sales, so I'm okay with even that, just release next year, don't torment us anymore. 

• Like 1

Are those one of your top4 final fantasy games too? Knew you had that spark by coming here fast as lightning, greatness attracts greatness. 

Ff6 is a masterpiece and even releasing the pc port with trophies, would make me happy, funny is that those games have a complete trophy list already on steam, so why not right? Celebrate the 30th anniversary right, square. 

Ff8 is excellent too, I won't talk much about it so it won't cause a stir, but let's just say that is one that stomps on a fan favorite :P

A Christmas release would be best for kh3 to maximize sales, so I'm okay with even that, just release next year, don't torment us anymore. 

Yup it's one of my favourites. To me, it's on par with 7 and it was my first ever game to.

FF is one of the sole reasons I brought KH, that and Disney and fell in love with it completely for what it was anyway.

All of them ported over in a big bundle for 30th would of been nice 1 through 9.

Aye, we best drop the whole FF thing anyway, not exactly on topic! :D

Christmas wouldn't be too bad, I mean, I'll make someone get it me as a present or a few weeks before for my birthday. WIN WIN :awesome:

Now it's got new worlds coming out and a release date. I wonder what TGS has in store for us? :hmm:

10 minutes ago, Meacham said:

Yup it's one of my favourites. To me, it's on par with 7 and it was my first ever game to.

FF is one of the sole reasons I brought KH, that and Disney and fell in love with it completely for what it was anyway.

All of them ported over in a big bundle for 30th would of been nice 1 through 9.

Aye, we best drop the whole FF thing anyway, not exactly on topic! :D

Christmas wouldn't be too bad, I mean, I'll make someone get it me as a present or a few weeks before for my birthday. WIN WIN :awesome:

Now it's got new worlds coming out and a release date. I wonder what TGS has in store for us? :hmm:

Yeah, let's just celebrate this moment with two new videos and a possible release date within 2 months, that's more than the last two years combine. :P

I don't remember if square used to host huge panels before, maybe they will with kh3 around TGS time, If E3 still remains the boss, I'm sure they will bring a all playable version with the actual date on the next one.

In all honesty, i just hope they release this time I don't even care if they go into hiding again, just release in 2018, you teased now bring it. 

The Toy Story world!!!! ? But, but, but...2018? :( The graphics look on point aswell, hopefully by the time this releases I'll have a PS4 pro and a bigger TV. 

Is there any worlds that are confirmed other than Toy Story? Also hoping that Atlantica doesn't make a return. Knowing Squeenix this will be delayed and then released in like 2020, but really hoping it doesn't come to that. #Hypeeeeeeeedddddd 

19 minutes ago, Razza said:

Wow! That .... Looks...... Gorgeous <3 I had better step up my game and play through the remaining games before this one finally comes out :D

Please buddy, you can always grab the all beautiful and enchanted PS4 version with all games included. I decided to buy then again to celebrate this summer, so you can't miss this time around. 

4 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

The Toy Story world!!!! ? But, but, but...2018? :( The graphics look on point aswell, hopefully by the time this releases I'll have a PS4 pro and a bigger TV. 

Is there any worlds that are confirmed other than Toy Story? Also hoping that Atlantica doesn't make a return. Knowing Squeenix this will be delayed and then released in like 2020, but really hoping it doesn't come to that. #Hypeeeeeeeedddddd 

Yeah there's 6

Big hero 6, twilight town, Olympus Colosseum, mysterious tower, tangled and now toy story. 

Edited by Mah2c

3 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Please buddy, you can always grab the all beautiful and enchanted PS4 version with all games included. I decided to buy then again to celebrate this summer, so you can't miss this time around. 

Yeah there's 6

Big hero 6, twilight town, Olympus Colosseum, mysterious tower, tangled and now you story. 

Yipppieeee glad to see Hades and Hercules coming back. What's the mysterious tower and tangled? 

9 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Yeah, let's just celebrate this moment with two new videos and a possible release date within 2 months, that's more than the last two years combine. :P

I don't remember if square used to host huge panels before, maybe they will with kh3 around TGS time, If E3 still remains the boss, I'm sure they will bring a all playable version with the actual date on the next one.

In all honesty, i just hope they release this time I don't even care if they go into hiding again, just release in 2018, you teased now bring it. 

It's not an exclusive is it? If it is then it would be at the Playstation event in December. Even if it's not it might still be there. 

Let's just say if they go into hiding after 3. I hope they have 4 or whatever it will be called ready for PS6. :P

16 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Yipppieeee glad to see Hades and Hercules coming back. What's the mysterious tower and tangled? 

Mysterious tower is masters Sid Towers world, tangled is the 2010 Rapunzel version from Disney. 

10 minutes ago, Meacham said:

It's not an exclusive is it? If it is then it would be at the Playstation event in December. Even if it's not it might still be there. 

Let's just say if they go into hiding after 3. I hope they have 4 or whatever it will be called ready for PS6. :P

Haha, don't jinx it, I'm sure they will release this time, they are actually trying to redeem themselves. I mean dq11 being released next month is a proof of a release date that surprised everyone. FFXV being finally released last year was also a good sign, so I'm sure they will this time, with ffvii remake being 2019 or 2020

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Katt said:

[[[[You've got a friend in me INTENSIFIES]]]]

I... been waiting for this since the very first time I played Kingdom Hearts. I couldn't be more happier 1f60d.png

Let's all celebrate :D

I'm indeed so happy, kh is one of my favorite series ever so seeing the game being this beautiful right in front my eyes, is a dream that finally may come true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacham said:

I won't lie, I had a few goosebumps watching this. The game looks epic. The soundtrack seems to be on point. The graphics and the fact we have a release year is amazing.

Hide contents

I hope Tom Hanks and the original cast do the voices and not some sound a likes. Don't see why he wouldn't but as someone as big as he is I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Ooops, I completely skimmed the OP, I've put in spoilers so it won't ruin it for people.

I doubt it, but I can see them going with his brother since he's Tom's replacement for everything he does.

Saw this and cried manly tears! Thanks for the heads up, Mark! So the worlds that are confirmed thus far are Yen Sid's Tower, Olympus Coliseum, Twilight Town, Tangled, Big Hero 6 and Toy Story! I have a feeling KH3 will be very Pixar oriented as a way to promote their movies, which is fine but there are still some classic Disney worlds yet to be used. There's Treasure Planet, The Jungle Book, Dumbo, Robin Hood. Might also throw in a few worlds from the classic television shows like Ducktales, Goof Troop, etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

I doubt it, but I can see them going with his brother since he's Tom's replacement for everything he does.

That may be true, but since kh always had all the original voice cast reprising their roles, Tom could also be part of it. Toy story 4 will be released in 2019 so he could potentially record some more lines for it. 

11 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Saw this and cried manly tears! Thanks for the heads up, Mark! So the worlds that are confirmed thus far are Yen Sid's Tower, Olympus Coliseum, Twilight Town, Tangled, Big Hero 6 and Toy Story! I have a feeling KH3 will be very Pixar oriented as a way to promote their movies, which is fine but there are still some classic Disney worlds yet to be used. There's Treasure Planet, The Jungle Book, Dumbo, Robin Hood. Might also throw in a few worlds from the classic television shows like Ducktales, Goof Troop, etc.

No problem bud, this was meant to be a celebration thread after all, is my first one in 3 years, so xD

As for the worlds, you are correct, I'm almost certain they won't add marvel or star Wars, which kind of sucks because it would be amazing, seeing how wonderful they made toy story world genuine. 

Ducktales and goof troop would be awesome, they always nails those classic Disney ones, three musketeers was a great one in DDD, so those would be amazing . 

Forgot to mention, toy story is the first Pixar world in a kh game, big hero 6 and tangled may look like a Pixar one but was a Walt Disney production, it's easy to mix then up since Pixar is part of Disney, but was the same studio that made zootoopia and frozen. 

Edited by Mah2c

Back in late May, when I was told Toy Story was making its way to Kingdom Hearts III my heart skipped a beat. When I was a kid I had a "Toy Story phase", I would see the movies every day, I sang the songs, parrot the dialogue around the house :lol: 

I knew it was coming, but what I did not know is that it was going to look SO GOOD!! I am blown away by how UE4 and the Kingdom Shader are making Disney characters look! It is obvious that KH original characters like Young Xehanort are still being polished but everything else in the trailer was A+.

Marketing for KHIII is basically taking off now, so expecting this game in the first half of next year is but a fool's errand. September at the earliest, and rightly so. With a game looking THIS GOOD, Nomura can take whatever time he needs. You cannot rush art after all <3 

• Like 2