D23 EXPO Trailer & Year Release Announcement

TwilightSpira

I kinda skimmed over the comments but... did anyone else notice?

2037c9e3b61f0296622de59400aaa590.png

Looks a lot like an upside down Unversed symbol.

200px-Unversedlogo.png

Or Unversed eyes. I also watched this part of the trailer at 0.25 speed and saw no emblem on them.
And recently Vanitas's theme featured in the heroes and heroines themes in the orchestra tour. I think it was a tour, I didn't pay much attention to it outside of that fact.

Spoiler

There has been a lot of speculation around a return of Vanitas after his appearance in Dream Drop Distance and mentions of a darkness.
Maybe it's just my inner fan girl grasping at straws... but I'm still hopeful.
Would love to see him get redemption rather than fight him though. Not sure I could take that emotional roller coaster again.

This game is looking so good right now. I hope the time is taken to finish it and polish it to it's fullest.
I literally just spammed my friend with this video till it looked like the only thing in his history. I'm pretty hyped. You know... just a tad.

• Like 1

Ah this is awesome. Finally a release year. I dont care if it's early, mid or late. Just happy we have the year now.

Really happy with Toy Story. That's another one off my list. Come on Treasure Planet!

While it was nice to see a little more of how big Olympus is, I would of really liked a little of Big Hero 6 or more of Tangled.

Hercules is my favourite disney movie so glad its back again, but we have had that in every game, show us more new :holy:

All in all im pretty pumped. Game is looking amazing. Cant wait to finally conclude this story. Although I really need to get my ass in gear and wrap up the last few games

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Omar said:

Back in late May, when I was told Toy Story was making its way to Kingdom Hearts III my heart skipped a beat. When I was a kid I had a "Toy Story phase", I would see the movies every day, I sang the songs, parrot the dialogue around the house :lol: 

I knew it was coming, but what I did not know is that it was going to look SO GOOD!! I am blown away by how UE4 and the Kingdom Shader are making Disney characters look! It is obvious that KH original characters like Young Xehanort are still being polished but everything else in the trailer was A+.

Marketing for KHIII is basically taking off now, so expecting this game in the first half of next year is but a fool's errand. September at the earliest, and rightly so. With a game looking THIS GOOD, Nomura can take whatever time he needs. You cannot rush art after all <3 

Glad to see you feeling fine and looking good, thou who lingers in the dark :P

Finally we have some light on the possible release date for the game, so for now I'm good, hope you're having fun with FFXII, wanted to wish you that. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheJadedJay said:

I kinda skimmed over the comments but... did anyone else notice?

2037c9e3b61f0296622de59400aaa590.png

Looks a lot like an upside down Unversed symbol.

200px-Unversedlogo.png

Or Unversed eyes. I also watched this part of the trailer at 0.25 speed and saw no emblem on them.
And recently Vanitas's theme featured in the heroes and heroines themes in the orchestra tour. I think it was a tour, I didn't pay much attention to it outside of that fact.

Reveal hidden contents

There has been a lot of speculation around a return of Vanitas after his appearance in Dream Drop Distance and mentions of a darkness.
Maybe it's just my inner fan girl grasping at straws... but I'm still hopeful.
Would love to see him get redemption rather than fight him though. Not sure I could take that emotional roller coaster again.

This game is looking so good right now. I hope the time is taken to finish it and polish it to it's fullest.
I literally just spammed my friend with this video till it looked like the only thing in his history. I'm pretty hyped. You know... just a tad.

I think all of then will clash in this game, if the imminent return of Roxas and all, I'm positively sure it will stir all forces of darkness, so new forms of unversed, heartless and nobodies will appear. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Glad to see you feeling fine and looking good, thou who lingers in the dark :P

Finally we have some light on the possible release date for the game, so for now I'm good, hope you're having fun with FFXII, wanted to wish you that. 

Thank you, and thank you :lol: 

Final Fantasy XII keeps me in non-stop bliss. Remains as good as it ever felt to me ^_^ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mah2c said:

I think all of then will clash in this game, if the imminent return of Roxas and all, I'm positively sure it will stir all forces of darkness, so new forms of unversed, heartless and nobodies will appear. 

If that's so I just hope one new side will be taken and I wasn't just cruelly teased by the orchestra tour. xD I'm super excited for the return of Roxas too.  

• Like 1

really exciting news and video as well. just hope it don't get delayed. i say its due time to get a ps4 i incredibly hope by the holidays. games are starting to really excite me, tales of berseria, ni no kuni 2, KH 2.8 collection, DQ XII. i was feeling kinda dead on the KH series, but nostalgia waves hit me hard with this. and i was thinking 3 would either only be on the PS5 in the future, or in the least a farewell release on PS4 and be on PS5 as well. but i was kinda thinking with all the KH's this year, it may get a release announcement soon maybe. KH 1 and 2 are some of my most replayed games ever back on PS2. i'm hoping i can get back to the collections on PS3 by time this years over. BBS(repeating with 3 characters was a bit killer on me lol. all those terrible mini-games. :'c) but i hope to finish that, as well as 1 and 2. definitely not CoM though cant get into that one at all. don't know how i beat it on the GBA years ago lol.

i just hope it doesn't have multiplayer, at least not trophies for it.(as i'm likely not getting PS+ ever.) it said on wikipidea they're considering it. :c i was worried with NNK2 being said it would have multiplayer, but luckily that was a misinterpretation. phew.

• Like 1

Can't say I would believe that 2018 confirm date I hear that many times when release dates have already been confirmed before
Going to get delayed
because 
Greatness Awaits
Delayed 2022( Got to do something for the 20th anniversary)

But if it does get delayed I wouldn't expect any later then 2019.

I can see Tim Allen reprising his role for Buzz at the very least, but as for Tom Hanks returning for Woody, it's hard to say, I mean in previous games, most do return with the exceptions of Whoopie Goldberg (Shenzi), Nathan Lane (Timon), Eddie Murphy (Mushu), the entire Pirates of the Caribbean cast to name a few.  So for ones like Tom Hanks, it's indeed, hard to say.

12 hours ago, RJP_X said:

really exciting news and video as well. just hope it don't get delayed. i say its due time to get a ps4 i incredibly hope by the holidays. games are starting to really excite me, tales of berseria, ni no kuni 2, KH 2.8 collection, DQ XII. i was feeling kinda dead on the KH series, but nostalgia waves hit me hard with this. and i was thinking 3 would either only be on the PS5 in the future, or in the least a farewell release on PS4 and be on PS5 as well. but i was kinda thinking with all the KH's this year, it may get a release announcement soon maybe. KH 1 and 2 are some of my most replayed games ever back on PS2. i'm hoping i can get back to the collections on PS3 by time this years over. BBS(repeating with 3 characters was a bit killer on me lol. all those terrible mini-games. :'c) but i hope to finish that, as well as 1 and 2. definitely not CoM though cant get into that one at all. don't know how i beat it on the GBA years ago lol.

i just hope it doesn't have multiplayer, at least not trophies for it.(as i'm likely not getting PS+ ever.) it said on wikipidea they're considering it. :c i was worried with NNK2 being said it would have multiplayer, but luckily that was a misinterpretation. phew.

I feel you, even trough birth by sleep story is excellent, those mini games and the need to finish then 3 times for all the notes in Jiminy journal are indeed a drag, on top of that, how about another round of ice cream mini game? :/

As for multiplayer, I think they won't go this far, multiplayer ruins almost all RPGs in my opinion, unless is a open world Western RPG in rare cases. 

12 hours ago, TheJadedJay said:

If that's so I just hope one new side will be taken and I wasn't just cruelly teased by the orchestra tour. xD I'm super excited for the return of Roxas too.  

I'm sure they will, young xehanort even mention heartless and nobodies on the end of the video, so they probably are there to begin with, besides this one is the last game on xehanort saga so why not right? Epic to the third degree overloaded :D

Edited by Mah2c

10 hours ago, Mah2c said:

I feel you, even trough birth by sleep story is excellent, those mini games and the need to finish then 3 times for all the notes in Jiminy journal are indeed a drag, on top of that, how about another round of ice cream mini game? :/

As for multiplayer, I think they won't go this far, multiplayer ruins almost all RPGs in my opinion, unless is a open world Western RPG in rare cases. 

I'm sure they will, young xehanort even mention heartless and nobodies on the end of the video, so they probably are there to begin with, besides this one is the last game on xehanort saga so why not right? Epic to the third degree overloaded :D

ha ha, yeah i pushed over 100 hours between all 3 characters last year when i got both collections. only managed to complete ventus's report. doing the same things almost exactly between all 3 is a very tedious process. and 3 of the extra bosses are no push overs, even on normal difficulty. so definitely nervous about them with terra and aqua, especially terra since its been said that the developers couldn't beat the hooded boss on critical. D: but i kinda burnt myself out last year with KH's, doing a normal and proud run of 1, and a critical of 2 as well. although they were pretty easy and manageable. with BBS i still have to run through critical mode as well besides finishing up the other characters reports. BBS had really solid combat gameplay though and was a real well done adaption to consoles from portable.

yeah i feel JRPG's should be a single player experience, unless we're talking hunter genre or something. i've been playing the tales of series for many years but i think that in-battle multiplayer has been a thing since possibly symphonia, or maybe started on more of the recent ones. sounds like an unneeded addition since the 2nd player only gets to play in battle which series like this are very story, event, and gameplay suited for single player.

i'm not sure if arena mode was ad-hoc oriented back in the day on PSP as i never used the mode back then. but if it was, KH 3 could potentially implement some kinda online multiplayer or something in some kinda hub/mission mode. :c if they did use a mode like that again hope they allow all completion to be done alone like BBS on the HD collection lol.

Edited by RJP_X

On domingo, 16 de Julho de 2017 at 0:30 AM, Xugashi said:

Saw this and cried manly tears! Thanks for the heads up, Mark! So the worlds that are confirmed thus far are Yen Sid's Tower, Olympus Coliseum, Twilight Town, Tangled, Big Hero 6 and Toy Story! I have a feeling KH3 will be very Pixar oriented as a way to promote their movies, which is fine but there are still some classic Disney worlds yet to be used. There's Treasure Planet, The Jungle Book, Dumbo, Robin Hood. Might also throw in a few worlds from the classic television shows like Ducktales, Goof Troop, etc.

No, it's not, at least not yet, of all the confirmed worlds only Toy Story is from Pixar, the others are all Disney

On domingo, 16 de Julho de 2017 at 0:30 AM, Mah2c said:

That may be true, but since kh always had all the original voice cast reprising their roles, Tom could also be part of it. Toy story 4 will be released in 2019 so he could potentially record some more lines for it.

Yeah but I do believe Tom has a clause on his contract that says all the adaptations of his movies on any other medium has to be done by his brother, that includes Toys, games, series and direct to DVD sequels, so unless Disney can convince him otherwise I don't see him doing it.

On 16/07/2017 at 9:35 PM, RJP_X said:

ha ha, yeah i pushed over 100 hours between all 3 characters last year when i got both collections. only managed to complete ventus's report. doing the same things almost exactly between all 3 is a very tedious process. and 3 of the extra bosses are no push overs, even on normal difficulty. so definitely nervous about them with terra and aqua, especially terra since its been said that the developers couldn't beat the hooded boss on critical. D: but i kinda burnt myself out last year with KH's, doing a normal and proud run of 1, and a critical of 2 as well. although they were pretty easy and manageable. with BBS i still have to run through critical mode as well besides finishing up the other characters reports. BBS had really solid combat gameplay though and was a real well done adaption to consoles from portable.

yeah i feel JRPG's should be a single player experience, unless we're talking hunter genre or something. i've been playing the tales of series for many years but i think that in-battle multiplayer has been a thing since possibly symphonia, or maybe started on more of the recent ones. sounds like an unneeded addition since the 2nd player only gets to play in battle which series like this are very story, event, and gameplay suited for single player.

i'm not sure if arena mode was ad-hoc oriented back in the day on PSP as i never used the mode back then. but if it was, KH 3 could potentially implement some kinda online multiplayer or something in some kinda hub/mission mode. :c if they did use a mode like that again hope they allow all completion to be done alone like BBS on the HD collection lol.

I'm sure they won't, I mean the ni no kuni 2 misleading information was enough for my heart. Jrpgs don't need multiplayer at all, sure you can add if you so desire a arena mode totally separated from the main game, but even so requires a game that uses this kind of gameplay. RPGs are meant to be single player. 

As for birth by sleep, the amount of grind is indeed never ending, the game is awesome and all, but those requirements for those reports are just too much. Sad the PS4 version didn't share lists like FFX did, I'm sure lots of people that didn't finish on PS3, could potentially finish there. 

7 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well hey, good news is... here's the plot of KH3 for all you guys:

What? It's true isn't it? xD

Haha, awesome, it's always so relaxing watching those hand drawn Disney cartoons, I literally grew up with Disney animation and was sturstuck when I saw them on Disney world resort. 

I am cautiously optimistic for this, but Square has screwed up so often over the last decade that I can't really get that excited.

On 7/18/2017 at 9:51 AM, Mah2c said:

I'm sure they won't, I mean the ni no kuni 2 misleading information was enough for my heart. Jrpgs don't need multiplayer at all, sure you can add if you so desire a arena mode totally separated from the main game, but even so requires a game that uses this kind of gameplay. RPGs are meant to be single player. 

Amen, brother.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 2 weeks later...

If Walt Disney isn't either an optional boss or the final boss of the Kingdom Hearts series, I shall be disappointed.

Okay but seriously, since they have the Disneyland Rides in this game, why not Walt Disney himself? Though, it would be pretty meta, but then again, if they could do such a thing for Nier: Automota with those two bosses in one optional DLC, I can't see why they can't include Walt Disney in a KH game now.

By the way, Rapunzel... you think Mandy Moore would return to voice her? I mean, not sure if it was confirmed or not yet.  Nor on if Mother Gothel or Flynn is suppose to be in the world as well.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

If Walt Disney isn't either an optional boss or the final boss of the Kingdom Hearts series, I shall be disappointed.

Okay but seriously, since they have the Disneyland Rides in this game, why not Walt Disney himself? Though, it would be pretty meta, but then again, if they could do such a thing for Nier: Automota with those two bosses in one optional DLC, I can't see why they can't include Walt Disney in a KH game now.

By the way, Rapunzel... you think Mandy Moore would return to voice her? I mean, not sure if it was confirmed or not yet.  Nor on if Mother Gothel or Flynn is suppose to be in the world as well.

All of the characters from each world will probably appear, just like most worlds did on previous kingdom Hearts games, so Rapunzel world will probably have then. 

As for voice overs most of the Disney characters were voiced by their own original casts, so it's possible. Tom may or may not voice Woody trough, so we really need to wait on this one.

I Would love, specially because kingdom Hearts will be released around the finishing touches of Toy Story 4, so why not right? :D

Edited by Mah2c

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Walt is in the series already since KH2, in the form of Yen Sid, just try and read that one backwards ;) not only that but his face is modeled after him as well.

Same as Sakagushi BTW, in the form of Eraqus, who's name is an anagram of "Square", and his Keyblade has a "E" for the teeth and a "square" for the hilt, as in "Square-Enix" :P

8 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Walt is in the series already since KH2, in the form of Yen Sid, just try and read that one backwards ;) not only that but his face is modeled after him as well.

Same as Sakagushi BTW, in the form of Eraqus, who's name is an anagram of "Square", and his Keyblade has a "E" for the teeth and a "square" for the hilt, as in "Square-Enix" :P

Pfft, ruin my dreams for a Walt Disney boss fight will you? xD