How is this platinum getting so much rarer?

NickMeister77

When I got this platinum just over a year ago it was at about 2.15% and now it has dropped to 1.89%, why do more and more people get this game since it is pretty much dead? Just for the trophies? I doubt the only reason could be that new people register to PSN profiles who have the game in their list.

I am not complaining though, the rarer this platinum gets then it feels even better to have it :)

There are many reasons why games can become rarer. Considering it's a FIFA game, the price might just be incredibly low at stores so people pick it up and play it for a bit without returning, but it's still added to their trophy list and they could be tracked by this website. Another way that it could become rarer is because people who had this platinum could have been flagged for other games, flagging someone removes them from every game leaderboard if they don't dispute it or hide up to 2 of their flagged games. 

• Like 2

^

This.

And these people doesn't care about the trophy list though, they just want to play and see if it still has players. Also, It's funny if you look at the rarest trophy on this game and see that is 'Score a goal on the ground', I don't think that would be difficult to do. 

Is there an unobtainable trophy in this one? I know they got rid of it by 16 but older Fifa's used to have a trophy for like special weekly matches or something. If it does then the plat can only get rarer as time goes on and you'd be surprised by how well old sports games continue to sell as they go out of date and the prices drop to only a couple of dollars.

25 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Also, It's funny if you look at the rarest trophy on this game and see that is 'Score a goal on the ground', I don't think that would be difficult to do. 

The trophy is apparently buggy, according to the guide. Figures. :P

3 hours ago, boringname123 said:

Is there an unobtainable trophy in this one? I know they got rid of it by 16 but older Fifa's used to have a trophy for like special weekly matches or something. If it does then the plat can only get rarer as time goes on and you'd be surprised by how well old sports games continue to sell as they go out of date and the prices drop to only a couple of dollars.

Yep, it's the undisputed champ :silver: Challenging trophy. I managed to get it on the PS3 version, and it's the only trophy stopping me from the FIFA 14 platinum. I'm planning to do a walkthrough on how to get it on PS3 and see if it's still possible. This trophy isn't on the PS4 version of FIFA 15, however, there is another trophy related to it which is currently unobtainable. It can be earned with an exploit by changing the date & time of the console. 

4 hours ago, Xillia said:

The trophy is apparently buggy, according to the guide. Figures. :P

Oh, it's very buggy. It's also quite luck-based since it's rare to score on the ground. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Atlas said:

^

This.

And these people doesn't care about the trophy list though, they just want to play and see if it still has players. Also, It's funny if you look at the rarest trophy on this game and see that is 'Score a goal on the ground', I don't think that would be difficult to do. 

I spent over 40 hours trying to get this trophy, Looked at all the possible ways to get it viewed countless videos but in the end nothing would work. So I gave up.

Rarity of sports games in general are pretty low since most players are not trophy hunters, also rarity of most older games (1+ years old) tend to decline over time. Another good example is Tropico 5 - when I got the platinum it was at around 3.6% rarity and now it's 2.86% at the time of writing.

13 hours ago, Atlas said:

^

This.

You have no idea what you're in for.

• Like 1