Seitengrat

The Seitengrat Bow does a damage of 224 and evade of 75, it also has high critical chances. You can get it naturally by opening an invisible treasure on the Skyferry deck but it's extremely rare ( 1 in 10,00 just for the chest) hence why people manipulate the RNG to get it, it's invisible along with two other invisible weapon/equipment.

There is a really great RNG explanation over on Reddit. I used the method from the video posted by theFalseDeity but instead of watching the NPC, started a timer when Vaan appears on screen after loading. Stand by the chest and when the timer hits 1:02.50 hit X. This worked every time and I was able to get a bow every 5 minutes of so.

On 23.7.2017 at 6:11 AM, TheFalseDeity said:

If the above method does not work for you i got two back to back from this one. Also an easier method imo. Wish i had known about this thing from the start but ah well. Job system made this game so much easier on its own anyways. This will just make Yiazmat and Trial Mode easier i suppose.

Can get it as many times as you like it would seem.

Thank you for this video, this method is perfect! I tried the 20sec method and got no chest, I got a single Seitengrat through the 7 zone method but only 10 gil afterwards, but with this I quickly got 2 more Seitengrats in under 10min. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

omg this is amazing, it definitely works every time. i wasted a lot of times trying the trophy guide method lol. i mean at this point i already have a few of the ultimate bazaar weapons, khumda, and dhunasha but i am nervous about the trials lol.

does anyone know if the RNG manipulation would work for chests? i've wasted a lot of time trying to get some of the cerebi steppe armors to no avail. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I assume to use this I'll have to make every one an archer? Will that be detrimental in any way? At what point in the game can I have two license boards?

EDIT:

Never mind. The weapon is so awesome that anyone can use it so it doesn't matter. And you get two license boards after visiting Raithwell's Tomb.

Edited by Asher1985