Sphere grid shortest route

El_Shubi

hi guys

been playing this for a while now, got all the celestial weapons fully powered up, 10 of each monster captured, can do the don thornberry trick and most of my characters have almost gone around the board once. 
i also added 20 strength spheres, 30 defense spheres and 32 mag defense spheres onto the grid. i have zanmato all dark aeons except for dark yojimbo ( i know people have a problem with this but its my game please dont make the thread about this). 

my questions is what is the minimum stats i can get to best dark yojimbo? i see that a guide said i should go fr 255 luck and 255 magic from where i currently am but there must be an easier way to beat dark yojimbo than to try and overkill earth eater 230 times. i plan to use zanmato for penance as well so dont need to worry about that. i just want to get to penance and not make finishing the sphere grid longer than it needs to be. 

Please can someone tell me what the shortest way from here to get everything done?

I can't remember exactly what my stats were but I didn't do any luck at all. I know attack, magic, defense, speed, and m.defense were 255 for sure.

Just make sure everyone has auto phoenix, keep auto life applied to everyone, and doublecast your strongest spell whenever you have an opening. People just recommend luck so your physical attacks actually hit and you have a better chance of evading, but double casting magic negates the need since magic doesn't miss and auto life makes it so evasion isn't important.

I tried to Zanmato him like 30 times before getting desperate and trying this. Got him first try with this method.

Edit : auto haste / protect / shell also help a ton. Haste is pretty much needed.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

So, a little late to the party, but you don't need anything like 255 Luck to beat Dark Yojimbo 5 times with physical attacks. I think my own was 150 when I beat him, and this is almost certainly, uhhhh, Overkill.

According to the wikia, his own luck is 114, so just a bit beyond that should ensure that you crit hit him with every attack.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Thanks for your help, I beat him alittle earlier today; had wakka, tidus and yuna finish my grid all 255 stats except luck. Then just went the doublecast flare route. Summoned aeons to take the hits worked like a bomb. Then took penance out

4 more sphere grids an yu yevon to my platinum....cant wait

• Like 1