Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

for all Game of Thrones fans out there, we can discuss Season 7 here in this thread, obviously there will be spoilers so proceed at your own risk ? what did you think of Episode 1 ? personally, i thought it was kinda slow paced, but not bad overall as they definitely were setting up for the next 6 episodes.. personally, my favorite moment was definitely when badass Arya did this: 

Spoiler

mx9uo2bl.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, MooseSketts said:

I second the Arya scene.  I also thought the whole "Day In The Life Of Sam" was pretty funny.  

Reveal hidden contents

I feel bad for Jorah. I guess his attempt to get cured failed considering how much the greyscale has progressed.

Yeah i was wondering how did he end up there.. also i felt bad for Sam .. that sucks what they make him do there i dont think thats what he expected .. 

27 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Yeah i was wondering how did he end up there.. also i felt bad for Sam .. that sucks what they make him do there i dont think thats what he expected .. 

I can't recall too much of the past seasons, but wasn't there a maester or something that helped Shireen? If that's the case then why are there (assuming) a whole ward of greyscale patients?  Do the maesters not have the knowledge to cure the disease?

1 minute ago, MooseSketts said:

I can't recall too much of the past seasons, but wasn't there a maester or something that helped Shireen? If that's the case then why are there (assuming) a whole ward of greyscale patients?  Do the maesters not have the knowledge to cure the disease?

i dont remember much as well but i think someone said that they were able to cure her in the early stages of the disease 

2 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I second the Arya scene.  I also thought the whole "Day In The Life Of Sam" was pretty funny.  

Hide contents

I feel bad for Jorah. I guess his attempt to get cured failed considering how much the greyscale has progressed.

Yep. Jorah surprised me.  AND the thing with Sam, if he keeps seeing poop that looks like food and food that looks like poop he is going to get a lot skinnier, lol. ?

Spoiler

But seriously now, look at his face. He will have to kill her. He is going to. We all know it. ?
55rwav.jpg

1 hour ago, ahmedelebiary said:

i dont remember much as well but i think someone said that they were able to cure her in the early stages of the disease 

i saw this recently and Stannis said he had "doctors" from all over the world to stop the spread of the dicease. And then he burns the girl! ?

36 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Yep. Jorah surprised me.  AND the thing with Sam, if he keeps seeing poop that looks like food and food that looks like poop he is going to get a lot skinnier, lol. 

I thought the same thing!

Side note:  Exactly how much time has elapsed since Sam arrived at the Citadel?  Reason being I don't recall Gilly's son being so old.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

I thought the same thing!

Side note:  Exactly how much time has elapsed since Sam arrived at the Citadel?  Reason being I don't recall Gilly's son being so old.

i remember very well when he arrived there was a scene showing all the white ravens carrying the "winter is here" message, and it seems they are a few months into winter right now. Perhaps one year or a little less? Childreen do grow up fast at that age ^_^, btw. 

Speaking of Sam: the book he was reading dealt with Greyscale too, and how Dragonglass can apparently be used to cure it. That makes sense, considering how Shireen's illness "magically stopped" and she grew up living on a mountain of Dragonglass, basically.

• Like 1

Damn.  That's one big baby!

3 minutes ago, amnesty15 said:

Speaking of Sam: the book he was reading dealt with Greyscale too, and how Dragonglass can apparently be used to cure it. That makes sense, considering how Shireen's illness "magically stopped" and she grew up living on a mountain of Dragonglass, basically.

I didn't even notice that.

23 hours ago, amnesty15 said:

23 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Damn.  That's one big baby!

I didn't even notice that.

hey friends ^^  i dunno if you guys had seen this already, but check angry joe's comments on GoT at 29 min, apperently they found some info online about greyscale, that you can get cured if you eat dragon glass. They comment this on the video. Pretty crazy O.o

I don't know how to do the 'reveal hidden comments' thing, so please read with spoilers, marked best I could, in mind:

I agree this first episode was mostly building material for the rest of the season. Future episodes will undoubtedly be a whirlwind of weapons and war.

Spoiler

Lots of talk about Ed Sheeran's guest appearance. :)  People focused on him due to the lack of any other genuine surprises in the episode, I think.

Spoiler

Coolest part, aside from Arya, was how some white walkers are giants.  Don't recall seeing that last season.  Leave it to GOT to instill more even more ferocity in a giant.

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I don't know how to do the 'reveal hidden comments' thing, so please read with spoilers, marked best I could, in mind:

I agree this first episode was mostly building material for the rest of the season. Future episodes will undoubtedly be a whirlwind of weapons and war.

Reveal hidden contents

Lots of talk about Ed Sheeran's guest appearance. :)  People focused on him due to the lack of any other genuine surprises in the episode, I think.

Reveal hidden contents

Coolest part, aside from Arya, was how some white walkers are giants.  Don't recall seeing that last season.  Leave it to GOT to instill more even more ferocity in a giant.

Hey!  I did it! :)

If you... eat Dragonglass?  What happens when it comes out (you know 'what goes in must come out')?  Or does it just get sucked up into your body forever?

13 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I thought we saw the giants being turned into white walkers in one of the previous seasons when Jon Snow was escaping on the boat from a white walker battle.

9 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

If you... eat Dragonglass?  What happens when it comes out (you know 'what goes in must come out')?  Or does it just get sucked up into your body forever?

Hide contents

I thought we saw the giants being turned into white walkers in one of the previous seasons when Jon Snow was escaping on the boat from a white walker battle.

they said in the video that they read in the book Sam was reading during that part in the episode, that apparently there is a part in the book that says that!! I think that is very strange too lol. your comment was hilarious ? i just shared the vid because i thought it was interesting, (and there are some hardcore fans out there that are pausing the episode to read Sam's book!! :D ) i do have hbo on demand but i am not sure if the episode is already available. I can check it and try to read the book later ? lol.

8 hours ago, chellesan said:

it was a nice build up episode, the rest of the season will be awesome

agreed!

Edited by BG_painter

18 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Reveal hidden contents

I must be dense this morning, so pardon the question, but how does your response relate to my quoted bit?  

19 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Hide contents

^

You mentioned not recalling seeing any of the giant white walkers last season.  So my quote was saying that I think we did see them if not last season, then a prior season when Jon Snow fled the battle he was in with the white walkers.

12 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

^

You mentioned not recalling seeing any of the giant white walkers last season.  So my quote was saying that I think we did see them if not last season, then a prior season when Jon Snow fled the battle he was in with the white walkers.

Gotcha. :) That makes sense.  I think you might be correct, now that I'm thinking about it.

On 7/17/2017 at 6:24 PM, MooseSketts said:

Hide contents

I'm just not sure if this is just the definitive end for his character or if there is something more. He was the best part about Dany's otherwise boring bits so i hope there is more to him.

• Like 1

Seeing quite a bit of hate for Theon at the moment.

My thoughts on that scene?

Theon might have actually saved Yara. If he had attempted to fight she would have been killed. By jumping ship Yara stands a chance at escaping or being saved.

One thing that confuses me? 

Why the fuck the sand snake's weapons weren't poisoned. Definitely feel like Euron is equipping his Plot Armor right now.

^I'll leave it to the more knowledgeable fans to answer that one...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Seeing quite a bit of hate for Theon at the moment.

My thoughts on that scene?

Hide contents

Theon might have actually saved Yara. If he had attempted to fight she would have been killed. By jumping ship Yara stands a chance at escaping or being saved.

One thing that confuses me? 

Hide contents

Why the fuck the sand snake's weapons weren't poisoned. Definitely feel like Euron is equipping his Plot Armor right now.

^I'll leave it to the more knowledgeable fans to answer that one...

Plot armor!! ? yeah like they found Yara in the middle of the fog, but the fleet didn't see them coming....okaaaaayyy...
TBH, i was in awe with Theon. i said "wtf?????" i hundred times looking at my husband's face while watching that scene in the episode, lol ?
Can it be Theon will lead the "rest" of the fleet for Dany?

And omg, Jorah's scene and the pie scene!!!! poop/food and food/poop again? lmao

Edited by BG_painter
  • Like 1

Nymeria's scene was so good. For anyone still confused - that WAS Nymeria, and she turned away from Arya. Arya's different now; and not necessarily in a good way. She's just trying to console herself by saying ''it's not her''. 

Yara's capture is going to put Theon in a leadership position. That'll be his arc for his season - regaining his confidence and ability to lead. Yara's likely going to die and he's going to take control of the Iron Islands, maybe. 

Good episode all in all. When did Missandei get this hot, while we're at it?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BG_painter said:

And omg, Jorah's scene and the pie scene!!!! poop/food and food/poop again? lmao

LOL!  I wonder what will be in Episode 3.

9 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Hide contents

The thing with Theon that pissed me off is he isn't ready to fight (and Yara wants him as her right hand man?).  What caught my eye was just before he jumped ship he, I'm sure, was having flashbacks of Ramsay because his shipmates were being mutilated.  Obviously, he doesn't want to go back to that, so he fled.  Perhaps this is his "time to shine" and regain his honor and confidence as people have said.  Doesn't change the fact that it made me go wtf and think "Wow, Dany will be pissed once she finds out he abandoned ship".

And I have to agree with BG_painter - How did any of the ships in Yara's fleet not see the fireballs prior to being attacked?  When she came out practically her whole fleet was on fire and NO one had said a word to her.

• Like 1