Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

I'm pretty sure I saw one of the producers as one of the no name wildlings. But i'll have to double check on that.

Jon caused Viserion's death for no good reason. And you know, that's fine by me - could make for interesting developments but Jon's problem is the same as Dany's problems as a character; the show downplays any mistakes he makes.

As much as i'v dissed Dany the past few pages I strongly believe Jon is a far, far worse character and possibly the show's biggest problem S5 onwards. Boring Aragorn-like character without the bits that make Aragorn interesting. They also removed a lot of the nuance his character had in the books in favor of a straight hero portrayal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Jon caused Viserion's death for no good reason. And you know, that's fine by me - could make for interesting developments but Jon's problem is the same as Dany's problems as a character; the show downplays any mistakes he makes.

As much as i'v dissed Dany the past few pages I strongly believe Jon is a far, far worse character and possibly the show's biggest problem S5 onwards. Boring Aragorn-like character without the bits that make Aragorn interesting. They also removed a lot of the nuance his character had in the books in favor of a straight hero portrayal.

Interesting, you dislike arguably the two most popular characters in the show (maybe Tyrion is more popular, or maybe they're tied... they're all at the top though). Anyway, you just like being contrary, don't you? :P

Also, I think people are jumping the gun by blaming Jon for Viserion's death. The Night King was not letting them leave without a big bloody nose. And as for the behind-the-scenes angle, the producers were clearly trying to show that he was still a huge threat, even with dragons burning down his army. One of the dragons would have gotten killed even if they had written it so that Jon jumped on Drogon right away.

I do agree that Jon's plan was flawed. Showing a wight to Cersei won't mean much. She may agree to help in the fight but she'll be plotting a way to kill them all. I think it will pull Jamie away from her influence though. He's grown some since the privileged prick who only cared about himself.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

But can Benjen die normally? I don't remember his story much, but I was pretty sure he wasn't actually alive. Sort of like a zombie who's kept his mental faculties.

Speaking of the walkers, was it always known that taking out one of the "head honchos" that their followers crumbled as well? Didn't Jon take one of them out before? Nothing like that happened as far as I remember.

As for Dany's arrival and instructing her. Did you see the way Jon reacted to seeing the Night King? He's terrified of him. Except for maybe Bran, Jon is the only one I can think of that really understands the terrifying power behind him. We saw what one spear did to a dragon and that dragon wasn't flying dead at him like Dany's dumbass did to Bronn. Imagine if Dany flew straight at the Night King as he aimed? 

I'm a little annoyed with Jon saying he'd bend the knee simply because at the very moment Dany saw the scars on his torso? I feel like she wasn't going to ask him again. 

True on Benjen.  What would he be considered?  Wasn't he turning into a White Walker and then the children in the tree stopped it or something?  Is he undead?  I'm not sure if it was always known about taking out the "head honchos" as you put it because I thought when the other "head honchos" were taken out they were alone. 

Yes, I did see the way Jon reacted and I suppose it is unfair of me to pass such a harsh judgement on him.  Truth be told, Jon Snow is my least favorite character, so I feel as though I have to reign myself in a bit when I start talking about him because he is so popular.  Thank god Dany wasn't stupid this battle and she didn't fly at the Night King.

I figured Jon said he'd bend the knee because he was so grateful to her that she came to his rescue (despite him not hopping aboard Drogon).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooseSketts said:

True on Benjen.  What would he be considered?  Wasn't he turning into a White Walker and then the children in the tree stopped it or something?  Is he undead?  I'm not sure if it was always known about taking out the "head honchos" as you put it because I thought when the other "head honchos" were taken out they were alone. 

Yes, I did see the way Jon reacted and I suppose it is unfair of me to pass such a harsh judgement on him.  Truth be told, Jon Snow is my least favorite character, so I feel as though I have to reign myself in a bit when I start talking about him because he is so popular.  Thank god Dany wasn't stupid this battle and she didn't fly at the Night King.

I figured Jon said he'd bend the knee because he was so grateful to her that she came to his rescue (despite him not hopping aboard Drogon).

I honestly don't remember. I thought one of the "big" walkers was taken out during a big fight scene so in my mind he had to have been surrounded by lesser walkers...or was it Sam that took one out? God my memory sucks lol.

As far as favorite character's go. I don't have any really. I guess if I really had to choose it would be Bronn or Tyrion at the moment simply because I think they're funny. I don't like any of the ruler candidates, but I see Jon as having the most potential as the characters are now. 

I pretty much thought the same of Jon's statement. I just found it unnecessary because Dany not only saw the threat she faced, but one of her dragons was killed and, unbeknownst to her, turned into an enemy she will refuse to allow to be taken down by anyone else.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I honestly don't remember. I thought one of the "big" walkers was taken out during a big fight scene so in my mind he had to have been surrounded by lesser walkers...or was it Sam that took one out? God my memory sucks lol.

As far as favorite character's go. I don't have any really. I guess if I really had to choose it would be Bronn or Tyrion at the moment simply because I think they're funny. I don't like any of the ruler candidates, but I see Jon as having the most potential as the characters are now. 

I pretty much thought the same of Jon's statement. I just found it unnecessary because Dany not only saw the threat she faced, but one of her dragons was killed and, unbeknownst to her, turned into an enemy she will refuse to allow to be taken down by anyone else.

I know that Sam did kill one in that forest when he and Gilly were running away after Jorah's father was killed by that psycho (I don't recall his name).  That's when Sam had the dragonglass shard that was found buried under the snow, and after he stabbed that Walker he dropped the shard on the ground and left it as he and Gilly ran away.  And I think there was another one that was killed, but I'm unsure.

3 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Interesting, you dislike arguably the two most popular characters in the show (maybe Tyrion is more popular, or maybe they're tied... they're all at the top though). Anyway, you just like being contrary, don't you? :P

Also, I think people are jumping the gun by blaming Jon for Viserion's death. The Night King was not letting them leave without a big bloody nose. And as for the behind-the-scenes angle, the producers were clearly trying to show that he was still a huge threat, even with dragons burning down his army. One of the dragons would have gotten killed even if they had written it so that Jon jumped on Drogon right away.

I do agree that Jon's plan was flawed. Showing a wight to Cersei won't mean much. She may agree to help in the fight but she'll be plotting a way to kill them all. I think it will pull Jamie away from her influence though. He's grown some since the privileged prick who only cared about himself.

I do have an affinity for the more down to earth side characters than the big players and heroes - but that doesn't mean i'm a contrarian necessarily. Ned's one of my top three favorite characters and he was everyone's favorite [when he was alive, that is] but the difference him and Jon/Dany is that he was well written. He was well developed, he fit the world. Jon doesn't - the writers practically break all the rules for him and neither did Dany for the longest time. 

Jon's a shit character with complete impunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

I do have an affinity for the more down to earth side characters than the big players and heroes - but that doesn't mean i'm a contrarian necessarily. Ned's one of my top three favorite characters and he was everyone's favorite [when he was alive, that is] but the difference him and Jon/Dany is that he was well written. He was well developed, he fit the world. Jon doesn't - the writers practically break all the rules for him and neither did Dany for the longest time. 

Jon's a shit character with complete impunity.

Glad I'm not the only one that's not really into Jon.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BG_painter said:

QUESTION: ZOmbie dragon spits fire or ice? ?

I'll go with blue fire. Visually this would look stunning when Ice Viserion inevitably battles Drogon and Rhaegal.

10 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Noooo does that mean the three headed dragon theory cant happen anymore 

Not in the way many expected, but we now know the Night King is one of the three heads of the dragon.

11 hours ago, willmill97 said:

What on earth was Rhaegal doing the whole battle? Couldn't he just fucking swoop down behind the Night King and roast him that way?

Rhaegal was to busy not getting an ice javelin to the neck ?. Sorry Viserion. But seriously he was just hanging out roasting wights. He will no doubt have to step up his game.

• Like 2

Everybody is commenting on how our topic is very respectful and without spoilers and i have to agree, y'all great :D and every week after an episode i get exited to come here and talk and comment with you guys. It's a very rich conversation. Cool ppl with cool ideas ? maybe after the season finale we could do a pod cast here in the community about the last chapter, what do u guys think? (It's okay if y'all shy and don't want to ?)
@Avatar_Of_Battle LOL!
@StarFang7 those 3 dragons are cute! :D

I do agree with you guys about the plot holes, but when i think in the amount of $$$$ required for a series like this i kinda understand what hbo is doing. Overall i think this is one of the best seasons of the show. AND i will NOT read any leaked script. Ever. Patience has to be a virtue!!! ?

i want also suggest us to make a poll (if there isnt one already..) about which episode of the series is the best. To me it's hardhome.

I also have to say, it was the moment for Jon to bend the knee. I think Tormund helped on it and made Jon think. And i have to say i think Dany changed. In the last few minutes of the episode the conversation she had with Jon, she looked at his scars, the respect they have to each is growing into something stronger <3. So are we going to have boatsex next week?, i don't know, but, i wouldn't not bet my money on that. I think their relationship will be more romantic.

Btw, am i the only one not okay with Arya bullying Sansa? ? i really hated this  "housewives of winterfell" moment.

Oh! Guys! predictions for next week? what will happen what do you guys want to see????
I wanna see Cersex throw wild fire on Jon and Dany and they both come out unburnt
?

• Like 2

On 8/21/2017 at 10:29 PM, BG_painter said:

Everybody is commenting on how our topic is very respectful and without spoilers and i have to agree, y'all great :D and every week after an episode i get exited to come here and talk and comment with you guys. It's a very rich conversation. Cool ppl with cool ideas 1f60e.png maybe after the season finale we could do a pod cast here in the community about the last chapter, what do u guys think? (It's okay if y'all shy and don't want to 1f602.png)
@Avatar_Of_Battle LOL!
@StarFang7 those 3 dragons are cute! :D

I do agree with you guys about the plot holes, but when i think in the amount of $$$$ required for a series like this i kinda understand what hbo is doing. Overall i think this is one of the best seasons of the show. AND i will NOT read any leaked script. Ever. Patience has to be a virtue!!! 1f605.png

i want also suggest us to make a poll (if there isnt one already..) about which episode of the series is the best. To me it's hardhome.

I also have to say, it was the moment for Jon to bend the knee. I think Tormund helped on it and made Jon think. And i have to say i think Dany changed. In the last few minutes of the episode the conversation she had with Jon, she looked at his scars, the respect they have to each is growing into something stronger <3. So are we going to have boatsex next week?, i don't know, but, i wouldn't not bet my money on that. I think their relationship will be more romantic.

Btw, am i the only one not okay with Arya bullying Sansa? 1f624.png i really hated this  "housewives of winterfell" moment.

Oh! Guys! predictions for next week? what will happen what do you guys want to see????
I wanna see Cersex throw wild fire on Jon and Dany and they both come out unburnt
1f60e.png

Budget problems, to me, are not an excuse for the shit they are pulling. Now I'm going to be extremely biased here. Why? If anyone in this thread followed the manga series Naruto and Bleach then you understand. (especially if you followed it for a decade or more)

Idk. I still think Jon shouldn't have said he'd bend. Dany was completely ignorant of the threat she faced and now that she knows I think it would have been a potential maturing scene for her. Nothing knocks you off your high dragon more than an undead guy killing one of your dragons mid-air.

Actually I was ok with Arya bullying Sansa.

Prediction? Cersei is going to push buttons Dany didn't know existed. You know she's going to talk shit about foiling every plan she had. Tyrion warned her but I doubt she took it to heart.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

3.  I'm very confused about the White Walkers now (not just the bear).  I thought Valyrian steel killed all White Walkers in one swing.  It didn't seem that way at some points (yes, I'm aware not everyone in the posse has a Valyrian steel weapon).

Do we know if they are all white walkers? ive been thinking that only the blue guys are white walkers and the rest are simply the undead

2 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Do we know if they are all white walkers? ive been thinking that only the blue guys are white walkers and the rest are simply the undead

Oh.  I don't know why I was under that impression.  I guess 'cause all of my friends called them White Walkers, so it stuck lol.  Then again, I was also in denial for the longest time that magic was even a thing in the GoT realm.

10 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Everybody is commenting on how our topic is very respectful and without spoilers and i have to agree, y'all great :D and every week after an episode i get exited to come here and talk and comment with you guys. It's a very rich conversation. Cool ppl with cool ideas 1f60e.png maybe after the season finale we could do a pod cast here in the community about the last chapter, what do u guys think? (It's okay if y'all shy and don't want to 1f602.png)

1f60e.png

I'm not up for doing a podcast.  Simply put, I don't have the time to get on the computer unless I am at work (to clarify - yes I work my ass off at work I don't just sit on the computer).

As far as predictions go I feel that Cersei and Dany will be offended by something one or the other says.  Jon will plead with Cersei to get her head out of her ass as Cersei mocks the undead at her feet since she had The Mountain (I am assuming he is undead).  Meanwhile, Jaime will wonder wtf is wrong with his sister.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

As far as predictions go I feel that Cersei and Dany will be offended by something one or the other says.  Jon will plead with Cersei to get her head out of her ass as Cersei mocks the undead at her feet since she had The Mountain (I am assuming he is undead).  Meanwhile, Jaime will wonder wtf is wrong with his sister.

?

that's the most accurate prediction!! lol

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Just saw an article about something that happened in episode 6.

Apparently as Jon was climbing out of the water, the eyes on his sword opened up? Did anyone notice that?

i noticed but i have no idea what that was... it was scary though 

Edited by ahmedelebiary

@BG_painter Yep children grow up so fast ?.

21 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Cersei taunts Daenerys about having only 2 dragons because she is a mean person ?.

Bringing the undead south of the wall is not the best idea. Could there be a zombie outbreak in Kings Landing?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

Game of Thrones started really great. Show was promising but last 3 seasons are absolutely garbage. You realize how shitty Game of Thrones is now, when you rewatch first seasons.
Season 7 sucked ass along with 6 and 5.

Running out of source material was probably one of the causes for that. But for what the later seasons lack in story it definitely makes up for with action. 

I think they need to kill off an important character for the finale. Some of the characters are starting to feel invincible. I've lost count of the amount of times Jon has almost died. the fear factor is fading. When he fell into the frozen water all i though was nah he'll be alright. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Just saw an article about something that happened in episode 6.

Apparently as Jon was climbing out of the water, the eyes on his sword opened up? Did anyone notice that?

It looked like a splash of water got on its eye as Jon put his hand on the ice to climb out of the water.