Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

6 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

It looked like a splash of water got on its eye as Jon put his hand on the ice to climb out of the water.

The most solid comment I think I've read on it is that the eyes are made of crystal, and it was Jon's hand behind it that made the crystal show up darker. 

6 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Running out of source material was probably one of the causes for that. But for what the later seasons lack in story it definitely makes up for with action. 

I think they need to kill off an important character for the finale. Some of the characters are starting to feel invincible. I've lost count of the amount of times Jon has almost died. the fear factor is fading. When he fell into the frozen water all i though was nah he'll be alright. 

Ironic, isn't it? with no source material you would think it would be more tense but that's where it falters.

I just genuinely have no fear for any of the main cast anymore. After S5 the show adopted a very obvious hierarchy of untouchable main characters, supporting characters and then expendable side characters.

Again I blame it all on Jon Snow and his resurrection. 

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

It looked like a splash of water got on its eye as Jon put his hand on the ice to climb out of the water.

the producers/writers confirmed that :)  thank god it was not another stupid useless theory like " Bran is the Night King" gosh, these people are lame as fuck

Edited by ahmedelebiary
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

the producers/writers confirmed that :)  thank god it was not another stupid useless theory like " Bran is the Night King" gosh, these people are lame as fuck

Oh so they did confirm it was water? I would have liked the crystal eyes theory over something like a splash of water lol.

As for Bran being the Night King, I didn't really get that one. I do hope Bran gets off his ass...in a manner of speaking...and does something though.

2 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Ironic, isn't it? with no source material you would think it would be more tense but that's where it falters.

I just genuinely have no fear for any of the main cast anymore. After S5 the show adopted a very obvious hierarchy of untouchable main characters, supporting characters and then expendable side characters.

Again I blame it all on Jon Snow and his resurrection. 

Even as a Jon fan, I have to agree that the resurrection was silly. They should have had him get badly injured or something, the resurrection was unnecessary and gave the show too much of a reliance on magic. One undead guy was already enough, now we have 3.

I guess the idea behind the main cast being invincible is that when one of them DOES die, it will be shocking. :P

I'm sure a list could be made for each season and episode... just this season we had Jamie and Bronn survive drowning in heavy armor, Jon surviving drowning in heavy armor and freezing to death in wet armor, Jamie dodging dragon fire breath, etc.

28 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Dammit, Dany ! 1f602.png

Spoiler

02BiRijg.jpg

Nice, but it's missing the part where Cersei caused her last kid to kill himself, because her plan to control him backfired. Of course Dany doesn't know all that. :awesome:

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I just realised that the Hound is taking the dead guy to the meeting with Cersei. Cleganebowl confirmed?

I wonder if Gregor would even recognize Sandor. He doesn't really seem to do much unless Cersei has a command for him.

Sandor will recognize him obviously...probably talk a little shit lol. 

• Like 2

Talking with a friend who is a big GoT fan and we were talking about how great last week's episode was. The conversation took a dark turn when she said "Did you hear what is going to happen next week? Apparently...."

I stuck my fingers in my ears and walked away. Guys, I don't think I'll make it to Monday. The universe wants this season finale to get spoiled...:(

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Talking with a friend who is a big GoT fan and we were talking about how great last week's episode was. The conversation took a dark turn when she said "Did you hear what is going to happen next week? Apparently...."

I stuck my fingers in my ears and walked away. Guys, I don't think I'll make it to Monday. The universe wants this season finale to get spoiled...:(

The boulder I live under has plenty of room.

• Like 1

HBO Nordic releases new episodes at 4am my time so for the past Mondays I've woken up at 5.30am to watch the latest episode before I go to work to avoid spoilers and to be honest, I just can't stand sitting at work for 8h knowing there's a fresh GoT episode just waiting at home. It's been pretty fun though and I am usually like 15-30 mins earlier at work so I get to leave earlier as well.

As I found the previous episode a bit disappointing, I have relatively high hopes for the season finale. I can't wait to see all the characters together and how they interact. Also pretty excited that the last episode is called

"The Dragon and the Wolf."

Edited by novemberrx
  • Like 1

On 23/08/2017 at 3:36 PM, ahmedelebiary said:

Dammit, Dany ! ?

02BiRijg.jpg

giphy.gif

I am also very excited for the meeting ? i do think that the sword thing was just a reflexion. Angry Joe also commented in his GoT review.  The name for the next episode, "the Targaryen and the Stark" :) pretty good. I'll they will rock. ?
Mah friends!! 2 more days!! super excited woo-hoooooo!! ?

• Like 2

On 23.08.2017 at 1:08 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

Running out of source material was probably one of the causes for that. But for what the later seasons lack in story it definitely makes up for with action. 

I think they need to kill off an important character for the finale. Some of the characters are starting to feel invincible. I've lost count of the amount of times Jon has almost died. the fear factor is fading. When he fell into the frozen water all i though was nah he'll be alright. 

Coming from book reader, they actuall have shit loads of materials. They are just being retarded. Remember on last episode how they said lots of people died because Mance refused to bow. What a BS! He only got himself killed.They are altering the past so Jon'd kneel to Dany. I am pissed that there are lots of things to solve so many things we weren't shown on tv and they make us watch Sam clean toilet for 5 minutes or puke in a god damn ship.
Once again, it started great it was so complicated full of mindgames now  it's my candidate for one of lamest show ever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MilanYildirim said:

Coming from book reader, they actuall have shit loads of materials. They are just being retarded. Remember on last episode how they said lots of people died because Mance refused to bow. What a BS! He only got himself killed.They are altering the past so Jon'd kneel to Dany. I am pissed that there are lots of things to solve so many things we weren't shown on tv and they make us watch Sam clean toilet for 5 minutes or puke in a god damn ship.
Once again, it started great it was so complicated full of mindgames now  it's my candidate for one of lamest show ever. 

...How is that relevant? the show is completely past the books. Possibly past The Winds of Winter, too. The old material doesn't matter anymore.

Let's take a second to talk about potential spin offs.

I still want to see Robert's Rebellion SO badly. For starters, Tom Hardy has to play Robert. It's the only choice. Second of all I want to see more Arthur Dayne, I want to see the battle of the Trident, Rhaegar, The Mad King's final hours. IMO the penultimate episode if this were ever to happen should be a bottle episode, focusing on the sack of KL from Jaime's perspective and what lead to him killing the king.

But since they've said that's not happening - hoping for The Dance of Dragons. Seeing characters like Aemon Targaryen and Cregan Stark would be a delight - and I really, really want to see The Hour of the Wolf put to TV.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

5 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Let's take a second to talk about potential spin offs.

I still want to see Robert's Rebellion SO badly. For starters, Tom Hardy has to play Robert. It's the only choice. Second of all I want to see more Arthur Dayne, I want to see the battle of the Trident, Rhaegar, The Mad King's final hours. IMO the penultimate episode if this were ever to happen should be a bottle episode, focusing on the sack of KL from Jaime's perspective and what lead to him killing the king.

But since they've said that's not happening - hoping for The Dance of Dragons. Seeing characters like Aemon Targaryen and Cregan Stark would be a delight - and I really, really want to see The Hour of the Wolf put to TV.

Dunk and Egg all the way. This is the only spin off we need.

3 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

i'd dig that. their friendship is really heart warming and only makes the tragedy of their story more heartbreaking. aegon V had an interesting reign.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

5 hours ago, hugglebunn-e said:

They wont do that as it will be Game of Thrones all over again with them passing the books. 

What i want to see is Balerion and the three dragon riders in the "War of Conquest"

6 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

They wont do that as it will be Game of Thrones all over again with them passing the books. 

What i want to see is Balerion and the three dragon riders in the "War of Conquest"

That sounds good in principle but might end up pretty boring because it was really, really one sided.

Whomever Aegon couldn't break with the sword he destroyed with his dragons. No one ever stood a chance - there is no element of tension.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

That sounds good in principle but might end up pretty boring because it was really, really one sided.

Whomever Aegon couldn't break with the sword he destroyed with his dragons. No one ever stood a chance - there is no element of tension.

Ah i suppose you are right about that. We'd know how it will end too. Though i suppose that is all prequels. I just wanna see the size of balerion ?

They COULD do something concerning specifically Dorne since it's the only kingdom that didn't bow to Aegon [that's where their house words come from, I believe] so that could be interesting. Like having it be a two season mini series - the first season we see focus on the Dornish, their politics, their way of living etc and we hear but don't see Aegon and his forces and the second season is all out war.

• Like 1