Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

6 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Nymeria's scene was so good. For anyone still confused - that WAS Nymeria, and she turned away from Arya. Arya's different now; and not necessarily in a good way. She's just trying to console herself by saying ''it's not her''. 

Yara's capture is going to put Theon in a leadership position. That'll be his arc for his season - regaining his confidence and ability to lead. Yara's likely going to die and he's going to take control of the Iron Islands, maybe. 

Good episode all in all. When did Missandei get this hot, while we're at it?

Arya is a little wild, folliwing no one, and Nymeria is as wild as her, it's fitting. I read in IGN that the creators said that making Nymeria domesticated wouldn't fit Arya's personality, thats why she said "it's not you".

3 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

LOL!  I wonder what will be in Episode 3.

I can't wait for episode 3!!! ? ??

The thing with Theon that pissed me off is he isn't ready to fight (and Yara wants him as her right hand man?).  What caught my eye was just before he jumped ship he, I'm sure, was having flashbacks of Ramsay because his shipmates were being mutilated.  Obviously, he doesn't want to go back to that, so he fled.  Perhaps this is his "time to shine" and regain his honor and confidence as people have said.  Doesn't change the fact that it made me go wtf and think "Wow, Dany will be pissed once she finds out he abandoned ship".

And I have to agree with BG_painter - How did any of the ships in Yara's fleet not see the fireballs prior to being attacked?  When she came out practically her whole fleet was on fire and NO one had said a word to her.

i think it's hard for ppl go back trusting Theon after that. :( And that's sad. I want him to have a good ending, he paided too well for the BS he did.

6 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Good episode all in all. When did Missandei get this hot, while we're at it?

wait, i thought u loved Cersei ?

13 hours ago, BG_painter said:

Plot armor!! 1f602.png yeah like they found Yara in the middle of the fog, but the fleet didn't see them coming....okaaaaayyy...
TBH, i was in awe with Theon. i said "wtf?????" i hundred times looking at my husband's face while watching that scene in the episode, lol 1f602.png
Can it be Theon will lead the "rest" of the fleet for Dany?

The thing with Theon that pissed me off is he isn't ready to fight (and Yara wants him as her right hand man?).  What caught my eye was just before he jumped ship he, I'm sure, was having flashbacks of Ramsay because his shipmates were being mutilated.  Obviously, he doesn't want to go back to that, so he fled.  Perhaps this is his "time to shine" and regain his honor and confidence as people have said.  Doesn't change the fact that it made me go wtf and think "Wow, Dany will be pissed once she finds out he abandoned ship".

And I have to agree with BG_painter - How did any of the ships in Yara's fleet not see the fireballs prior to being attacked?  When she came out practically her whole fleet was on fire and NO one had said a word to her.

The only way Euron could have pulled off the fog/storm ambush is if he was trailing them the entire time and somehow wasn't spotted. That would have required a lot of info and some perfect timing. I do find it hard that Yara's fleet was caught sleeping though.

I agree that the amount of damage we saw by the time Yara got on deck was not well thought out. It was there to "shock and awe" the audience. That annoyingly long scene between Yara and Ellaria and no sounds until the end?

I'm no fan of Theon. Never was. However, for some reason at the back of my mind I still think he made the right decision by jumping. He wasn't taking Euron even if he had the balls for it, and chances are Euron would have killed Yara before he got there. Now he can keep her alive to parade around as a prisoner, cement his leadership, and he has Ellaria which was his main objective. (she's obviously the gift for Cersei)

• Like 3

Spoiler

Great episode 8/10 

-Danyerys bitch mode on Varys was epic haha but i dont blame her given Varys history and he took part in plotting to kill her. good to see Milesandre again.

-Sansa getting on my nerves again.. " No Jon you cant go" - "you will be queen until i return" - "oh okay then" ? .. hyped for Jon/Dany meeting next episode

-JORAH ! i really hope Sam actually managed to cure him i dont want Jorah to die he is a cool dude with a sexy voice .. 

-ARYA and Nymeria reunion ! yes it was Nymeria, when Arya said " it isn`t you" it was actually a reference to a conversation between her and her father Ned back in season one, when he told her that she will marry and be a lady and Arya replied "no it isn`t me" meaning it was not her nature or desire, not wanting to being forced to do something. Nymeria recognized Arya but it didn`t want to go and stayed with her pack.

-GREY WORM and MISSANDEI in action ! YESSS ! i dont care how they did it im still happy. "hey girl, i still have a tongue" ?

-fucking Euron, that last battle was cheap as hell. that immortal overpowered ♥ has the strongest naval army in GoT with a thousand ships, just bumped into Yara`s fleet heading to Dorne to get their army, they were totally massacred..they werent ready. he killed two of Ellaria`s daughters, took her third daughters along with Ellaria and Yara as captives/prisoners  that will eventually be his "Gift" to Cersei. as for Theon, i dont really blame him. he has PSTD, when he saw one of Euron`s men cutting the tongue of a Greyjoy`s soldier, he remembered all the horrors and abuses from Ramsay, including cutting his penis off. he was revictimized ... poor guy had no choice but to jump so he can go back to Dany and report what happened .. i feel sorry for him, if he was to make any move, Euron would have cut his sisters throat so he did the right thing. and yes it wasnt Yara that was hanging at the ending scene from the ship, it was the older Sand Snake sister hanged by her own ropes, maybe as a warning message ? RIP ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Great episode 8/10 

-Danyerys bitch mode on Varys was epic haha but i dont blame her given Varys history and he took part in plotting to kill her. good to see Milesandre again.

-Sansa getting on my nerves again.. " No Jon you cant go" - "you will be queen until i return" - "oh okay then" 1f602.png .. hyped for Jon/Dany meeting next episode

-JORAH ! i really hope Sam actually managed to cure him i dont want Jorah to die he is a cool dude with a sexy voice .. 

-ARYA and Nymeria reunion ! yes it was Nymeria, when Arya said " it isn`t you" it was actually a reference to a conversation between her and her father Ned back in season one, when he told her that she will marry and be a lady and Arya replied "no it isn`t me" meaning it was not her nature or desire, not wanting to being forced to do something. Nymeria recognized Arya but it didn`t want to go and stayed with her pack.

-GREY WORM and MISSANDEI in action ! YESSS ! i dont care how they did it im still happy. "hey girl, i still have a tongue" 1f602.png

-fucking Euron, that last battle was cheap as hell. that immortal overpowered 2665.png has the strongest naval army in GoT with a thousand ships, just bumped into Yara`s fleet heading to Dorne to get their army, they were totally massacred..they werent ready. he killed two of Ellaria`s daughters, took her third daughters along with Ellaria and Yara as captives/prisoners  that will eventually be his "Gift" to Cersei. as for Theon, i dont really blame him. he has PSTD, when he saw one of Euron`s men cutting the tongue of a Greyjoy`s soldier, he remembered all the horrors and abuses from Ramsay, including cutting his penis off. he was revictimized ... poor guy had no choice but to jump so he can go back to Dany and report what happened .. i feel sorry for him, if he was to make any move, Euron would have cut his sisters throat so he did the right thing. and yes it wasnt Yara that was hanging at the ending scene from the ship, it was the older Sand Snake sister hanged by her own ropes, maybe as a warning message ? RIP 1f62d.png

EDIT: 

Nvm the spoiler didn't work until I refreshed. 

EDIT2: (now that I've read it lol)

Yeah I saw a lot of people online thinking that the hanging body was Yara. I thought it was fairly obvious it was one of the sand snakes. Which kinda bites because since we hadn't been shown her actual death I wondered if she might have been choked out and taken hostage.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BG_painter said:

wait, i thought u loved Cersei ?

A man has to keep his options open :ninja:

5 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The only way Euron could have pulled off the fog/storm ambush is if he was trailing them the entire time and somehow wasn't spotted. That would have required a lot of info and some perfect timing. I do find it hard that Yara's fleet was caught sleeping though.

I agree that the amount of damage we saw by the time Yara got on deck was not well thought out. It was there to "shock and awe" the audience. That annoyingly long scene between Yara and Ellaria and no sounds until the end?

I'm no fan of Theon. Never was. However, for some reason at the back of my mind I still think he made the right decision by jumping. He wasn't taking Euron even if he had the balls for it, and chances are Euron would have killed Yara before he got there. Now he can keep her alive to parade around as a prisoner, cement his leadership, and he has Ellaria which was his main objective. (she's obviously the gift for Cersei)

Why didn't they just send emissaries instead of half of Dany's royal council?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Why didn't they just send emissaries instead of half of Dany's royal council?

They as in Dany and Tyrion? I doubt they would have anticipated a fleet like Euron's when Yara had hers. 

Not to mention had they put up resistance I doubt it would have ended well for them. 

I just wonder how the hell Euron knew exactly where they were...and even more importantly the odds of him actually hitting Yara's ship in that storm. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I just wonder how the hell Euron knew exactly where they were...and even more importantly the odds of him actually hitting Yara's ship in that storm. :rolleyes: 

Yeah I agree.  Euron was farther away from Yara's location.  Granted he did get a day's head start and could have possibly caught up to her fleet, but still.  To be at that exact point in time as Yara was convenient.  But I guess, as someone told me, perhaps [we're] thinking too much into it.

Just now, MooseSketts said:

Yeah I agree.  Euron was farther away from Yara's location.  Granted he did get a day's head start and could have possibly caught up to her fleet, but still.  To be at that exact point in time as Yara was convenient.  But I guess, as someone told me, perhaps [we're] thinking too much into it.

Eh. I don't like blindly accepting a story. I looked at a "map" of the GoT "land" and Dragonstone isn't far at all from King's Landing. While I guess Euron could have gotten there in a day (I can't speak to the distance between any particular place though) the chances of him pulling that ambush off that perfectly is questionable to me.

Time isn't well documented imo. One episode Dany gets to Dragonstone and the next episode she has numerous leaders from all over in her presence. I'm thinking it would take a lot more than a day for some of them to get to Dany so...what...Euron was just sitting around on the ocean waiting? :huh: It should take a lot more than a day for Jon to get to Dany that's for damn sure. And by that time Yara's destruction should definitely have been known. 

• Like 2

Solid episode. The show is doing some balancing; we finally see some vulnerabilities to Daenerys and her forces. Not that I dislike her ?, but she is the most overpowered right now. Euron proves he can't be matched at sea as we saw in that chaotic sped up fight, also did anyone catch that Victorian nod on Euron's weapon ??! I was glad to see Jorah again, I think Sam will cure him proving his value to the maesters. How about that Nymeria and Arya reunion, it was so sweet and it looks like the show is doing some form of the super pack ?! Lastly is it too early to start shipping Jon and Dany?? Indeed it looks like in episode 3 The King in the North and The Mother of Dragons will finally meet, yay. I'm interested to see how the dragons react to Jon, given we know he is half Targaryen ?. Leaving Sansa with Littlefinger is not a good idea, but I understand why Jon must go. I like how the North reminds Jon of what  happened when Rickard Stark (Jon's grandfather) rode south to treat with a Targaryen. Let's hope Deanerys is not her father.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StarFang7 said:

Solid episode. The show is doing some balancing; we finally see some vulnerabilities to Daenerys and her forces. Not that I dislike her 1f60d.png, but she is the most overpowered right now. Euron proves he can't be matched at sea as we saw in that chaotic sped up fight, also did anyone catch that Victorian nod on Euron's weapon 1f433.png?! I was glad to see Jorah again, I think Sam will cure him proving his value to the maesters. How about that Nymeria and Arya reunion, it was so sweet and it looks like the show is doing some form of the super pack 1f43a.png! Lastly is it too early to start shipping Jon and Dany?1f913.png Indeed it looks like in episode 3 The King in the North and The Mother of Dragons will finally meet, yay. I'm interested to see how the dragons react to Jon, given we know he is half Targaryen 1f432.pngLeaving Sansa with Littlefinger is not a good idea, but I understand why Jon must go. I like how the North reminds Jon of what  happened when Rickard Stark (Jon's grandfather) rode south to treat with a Targaryen. Let's hope Deanerys is not her father.

Yes!!! and when littlefinger smiled at her nomination as Lady of Winterfel... it freaked me out a little. God, i hope she doesn't betray Jon...?

if you notice in the past episodes, including in the last season, Dany and Jon have been giving the same speech. When she came back from the dothrak she said to the slaves, regarding the slave masters: "are you going to fight for men that wouldn't fight for you?" (something like that, or maybe greyworm or Tyrion said that xD, anyway) Jon said the same thing during the battle of the bastards, in front of Dog Food Ramsay. Also, past season the advisers have been telling her not to be her father, not to be "queen of ashes" and she has been listening to them. Jon did the same after the battle. The northerns and Sansa wanted to take the castles of the Karstarks and (the other bannerman... Cerwin? don't remember) but Jon said that he would not punish the sons/daughters for the sins of their fathers, that their fathers were already dead. And don't forget, Jon IS a Targaryen as well :) I bet we are going to see some sparks between those 2!! I guess by the amount of posts i have been doing in this topic you guys can sure tell how much i love GoT ??
Some years ago i went to the HBO exibition of the GoT props and costume design back in my country. It was a big event. i can post the pictures i took if u guys wanna see it ?

12 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Eh. I don't like blindly accepting a story. I looked at a "map" of the GoT "land" and Dragonstone isn't far at all from King's Landing. While I guess Euron could have gotten there in a day (I can't speak to the distance between any particular place though) the chances of him pulling that ambush off that perfectly is questionable to me.

Time isn't well documented imo. One episode Dany gets to Dragonstone and the next episode she has numerous leaders from all over in her presence. I'm thinking it would take a lot more than a day for some of them to get to Dany so...what...Euron was just sitting around on the ocean waiting? :huh: It should take a lot more than a day for Jon to get to Dany that's for damn sure. And by that time Yara's destruction should definitely have been known. 

I have a feeling that this is a side effect of the show winding down, and doing so with 1.5 seasons. There are too many plot threads still open, and the show is still moving slowly in some places, so shortcuts are probably going to be more and more common this season and next.

I'm just hoping to see some of the characters get their comeuppance. Ramsay's defeat and death were ALMOST worth watching that prick burn everything and everyone around him, but not quite. Cersei has ventured into that "over-the-top evil" category now. There are quite a few other people who need to reap what they have sown. But that doesn't always happen in this show. Of all the people with power, Jon is the only half-decent human being... so he'll probably get killed again. :P

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

I do hope they don't paint it as Cersei being the Mad Queen and Dany being perfect and benevolent because she is an awful, awful person and awful ruler. Both are mad.

Dany actually mirrored the Mad King very heavily in this episode. She both 1) Threatened to burn Varys alive. 2) Is forcing a Stark ruler to bend the knee. 

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

I think Ellaria Sand is going to suffer the same fate as Brandon and Rickard Stark and get burned alive in the Throne room, so Cersei mirrors Mad King.

I think there's very good reasons why they kept Tyene Sand alive. Remember: Ellaria killed Cersei's daughter. You better bet Cersei will return the favor and kill Tyene in front of her mother's eyes before moving on to Ellaria.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deadborne said:

I think there's very good reasons why they kept Tyene Sand alive. Remember: Ellaria killed Cersei's daughter. You better bet Cersei will return the favor and kill Tyene in front of her mother's eyes before moving on to Ellaria.

thats exactly what i think she is gonna do, plus she is going to use Yara as a winning card in negotiating with Dany maybe ? i dont think she is gonna kill her

8 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Dragonass* 1f602.png but yeah this is Game of Thrones so incest is not off the table lol 

Haha, yeah she has lots of that ?. Ancient Targaryens traditionally interbred to keep the blood lines pure, so technically Jamie and Cersi took their idea ?.

Edited by StarFang7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

This is Game of Thrones so incest is not off the table lol 

I know, I know.  I'm still not over the Cersei/Jaime incest lol

4 hours ago, Deadborne said:

Dany actually mirrored the Mad King very heavily in this episode. She both 1) Threatened to burn Varys alive. 2) Is forcing a Stark ruler to bend the knee. 

I've noticed for a couple seasons that Dany skirted on that "Mad King" mode.  As cool as she is I really don't think she is all that mentally competent to rule.

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I have a feeling that this is a side effect of the show winding down, and doing so with 1.5 seasons. There are too many plot threads still open, and the show is still moving slowly in some places, so shortcuts are probably going to be more and more common this season and next.

I forgot the season is only 7 episodes long too. So the pace is going to probably seem sped up but it'll probably just be them not showing journeys as much as the action. The "day in the life of Sam" scene pretty much put us a week ahead in the first episode right? :giggle: 

That skinny ass ballista looked so lame what the hell ?. I really hope they'll figure out something better than that cause I doubt they can even hit a target more than a few hundred meters away let alone pierce the scales of a dragon.

But yeah I have to agree that the passage of time is portrayed terribly. Tbh I'm really worried that the show creators aren't good enough writers to finish a huge story like this. Every time they strayed from the books it turned out stupid and they don't have the source material to work from now. The whole thing has been so Dany biased for a while now...

47 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I forgot the season is only 7 episodes long too. So the pace is going to probably seem sped up but it'll probably just be them not showing journeys as much as the action. The "day in the life of Sam" scene pretty much put us a week ahead in the first episode right? :giggle: 

That scene, fun as is it was, used up minutes that could have advanced the plot.

46 minutes ago, Yeba said:

But yeah I have to agree that the passage of time is portrayed terribly. Tbh I'm really worried that the show creators aren't good enough writers to finish a huge story like this. Every time they strayed from the books it turned out stupid and they don't have the source material to work from now. The whole thing has been so Dany biased for a while now...

I haven't read the books so I can't make that comparison, but I agree about the creators. Maybe they'll just do a big sweeping battle where most of the main characters are killed off, and end their story threads that way.

1 hour ago, Yeba said:

That skinny ass ballista looked so lame what the hell 1f602.png. I really hope they'll figure out something better than that cause I doubt they can even hit a target more than a few hundred meters away let alone pierce the scales of a dragon.

This isn't strictly true. Lady Stoneheart was a terrible character and the Beric/Hound intersection is MUCH better than that could have ever been. The scenes between Arya and Tywin in S2, and the added Jaime/Tyrion scenes in S4 are all great additions that happen outside the paradigm of the source material.

The show always sucked with time, IMO.

52 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I haven't read the books so I can't make that comparison, but I agree about the creators. Maybe they'll just do a big sweeping battle where most of the main characters are killed off, and end their story threads that way.

Well they already did it once wtih Cersei blowing up the Tyrells which strangely no one seemed to care about other than Olenna obviously. Like really someone just blew up the centre of your religion and no one had anything to say about it.

28 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

This isn't strictly true. Lady Stoneheart was a terrible character and the Beric/Hound intersection is MUCH better than that could have ever been. The scenes between Arya and Tywin in S2, and the added Jaime/Tyrion scenes in S4 are all great additions that happen outside the paradigm of the source material.

The show always sucked with time, IMO.

Of course I'm exaggerating and probably nitpicking too but I just can't help it cause the GRR Martin obviously can't be fucked to finish it so now this is the canon.

I don't care about Lady Stoneheart either, and she didn't really have any important part in the books yet so I'm not surprised they couldn't be bothered with her.

Yea those few conversations were good, but overall I still think they fucked up Arya's story. You can't be both Arya Stark and a nameless man, she shouldn't have the power to take others' appearances and just go on a killing spree. I hope at least she will have to pay somehow for all those lives she's taken from the many faced God cause this just goes against everything the nameless men has been about until now. Also the way Jaquen killed those people in S2 was awful. That's not how a professional assassin kills.

They also ruined Stannis' character and killed him off such a stupid way...

Well whatever I don't think the show sucks. I'm pretty hype about it actually but more and more things are explained or done poorly imho.

Edited by Yeba