Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

21 minutes ago, Yeba said:

Well they already did it once wtih Cersei blowing up the Tyrells which strangely no one seemed to care about other than Olenna obviously. Like really someone just blew up the centre of your religion and no one had anything to say about it.

Yeah, that was the low point in the otherwise good S6. It just seemed sloppy, and all we get in S7 is a quick conversation between Cersei and Jamie, where he seemed too quick to accept her "explanation" for her causing Tommen's death. I was so disappointed that Margery didn't get more story development, because it was fun to see her defy Cersei. It was easy to give the season a pass though, for FINALLY killing off Ramsay.

The scale really does feel off in King's Landing. Like...Cersei just plain killed everybody. There is no political intrigue or conflict or any flavorful characters in that part of the story; but I guess it might be on purpose. Cersei is queen now, but she has nothing and no one to rule. She has power, but knows not what to do with it. Even in victory, she's a moron.

I figured when Jon leaves Little Finger will - despite being madly in love with her - try to overthrow Sansa and take the North for himself.  

On another note I don't think Jon will be killed off again.  The books as a series I think are called "A Song of Ice and Fire"; then there are the book titles (never had the chance/have the time to read the books so I may be wrong about this).  I figure the Ice = Jon and the Fire = Dany; therefore, neither of them will be killed off (or if they will be killed off they will be killed at the very end).

• Like 1

@MooseSketts @HaSoOoN-MHD @MosesRockefeller  @Avatar_Of_Battle @ahmedelebiary @StarFang7 @willmill97 @Deadborne  @Yeba  (did i forget any1? :D )

thoughts, thoughts and more thoughts on the new episode? It delivered!! can't wait for the next week!

the tone of voice of Bran Stark was a little creepy to me...he was talking like the 3 eyed raven O.o.... can it be he is not himself anymore??

?

And the scenes with Ellaria and Lady Olleana.... ???

I am going to watch again the re-run in 1h hhehehe ?

• Like 1

@BG_painter yeah great episode i think it is my favorite of S7 so far.. Cersei`s ruthless revenge on Ellaria Sand, a great example of karma and poetic justice.. Sansa and Bran reunion was heart warming... and damn that last scene was shocking! now Dany has pretty much lost her 75% of her allies ( Dornish/ Tyrells/ Greyjoys and Unsullied). cant wait to see how her alliance with Jon Snow will turn out.. glad to see Jorah all recovered now and also Bronn <3 finally, Lady Olenna .. lived a savage..died a savage.. RIP your majesty. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ahmedelebiary said:

@BG_painter yeah great episode i think it is my favorite of S7 so far.. Cersei`s ruthless revenge on Ellaria Sand, a great example of karma and poetic justice.. Sansa and Bran reunion was heart warming... and damn that last scene was shocking! now Dany has pretty much lost her 75% of her allies ( Dornish/ Tyrells/ Greyjoys and Unsullied). cant wait to see how her alliance with Jon Snow will turn out.. glad to see Jorah all recovered now and also Bronn <3 finally, Lady Olenna .. lived a savage..died a savage.. RIP your majesty. 

Omg yes! Olleana died like A BOSS
"jaime: you'll die painless
Olleana: i killed your son."

I did enjoy ellaria's spit on her tho ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Omg yes! Olleana died like A BOSS
"jaime: you'll die painless
Olleana: i killed your son."

I did enjoy ellaria's spit on her tho 1f62c.png

Yeah but Cersei had her "Queen`s Justice".. oh her own way :) now Ellaria will just watch her beautiful daughter rot in front of her eyes ?

Edited by ahmedelebiary
  • Like 1

Just now, ahmedelebiary said:

Yeah but Cersei had her "Queen`s Revenge".. oh her own way :) now Ellaria will just watch her beautiful daughter rot in front of her eyes 1f62d.png

very, very poetic... ?

A little detail i loved: the court girl wearing the "queen's fashion" when she went to warn Cersei she had the visitor from Bravos. ?

• Like 1

Just now, BG_painter said:

very, very poetic... 1f608.png

A little detail i loved: the court girl wearing the "queen's fashion" when she went to warn Cersei she had the visitor from Bravos. 1f63b.png

and that Cersei doesnt give a fuck and let people know she is fucking Jaimie ? damn i love Cersei

• Like 1

I really don't like Dany lol. Something about her irritates me. Melisandre could have saved that whole segment by telling them what happened ahead of time. Lot of wasted potential there imo. Dany might have survived dragon's fire, but Jon came back from the dead and fought an enemy as far as I'm concerned is more "terrifying" than a dragon...or three lol. She wouldn't have acted high and mighty if she had known about him. Although I guess this could be saved for later and she comes to admire and respect Jon for it because she was really zeroed in on the words "knife in the heart" said by Davos. 

I was a little annoyed that we didn't see Arya and even more so that the passage of time is not being well documented. They made it seem like Euron got back to Cersei at the same time Jon arrived at Dragonstone. Gtfo. Arya should be in Winterfell right now with Bran and Sansa for sure.

I pretty much knew Cersei would pull an Ellaria for revenge. Kinda lackluster as far as revenge goes. Especially knowing that Olenna did what she did to Joffrey lmfao.

Euron pissing Jaime off at King's Landing was the best part of the episode for me. That "finger in the bum" line had me in tears. ? 

Speaking of Euron. He hasn't killed Yara yet. So you can bet money she is going to exact some sweet sweet revenge on him later in the season. Or, it'll be Theon regaining himself by savagely ripping him apart whether it's because he went crazy or Yara tells him to get his balls back and do something to him after disarming/defeating him herself.

As for Bran. I don't know enough of the books to form a decent opinion of what can happen with him. I don't know much about the Three Eyed Raven and the Nightwalkers outside of what we've seen in the show, and even then I don't remember everything we've even been shown. I'd like to think that Bran will serve as some sort of strategist and lore master to help defeat the Night King. 

I know there's a lot about this universe I don't know. Which gods are actually real, where the magic Melisandre conjures comes from, the shit we've seen regarding The Hound seeing things in the flame from the guy who's back from the dead, etc. Wish the "magic/supernatural" side of the show was explored a bit more. 

I found it a bit strange that right after Baelish said that thing about being seemingly omniscient...Bran said the same damn thing lol.

I think I covered my thoughts for episode 3...maybe I'll think of something later lol.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I really don't like Dany lol. Something about her irritates me. Melisandre could have saved that whole segment by telling them what happened ahead of time. Lot of wasted potential there imo. Dany might have survived dragon's fire, but Jon came back from the dead and fought an enemy as far as I'm concerned is more "terrifying" than a dragon...or three lol. She wouldn't have acted high and mighty if she had known about him. Although I guess this could be saved for later and she comes to admire and respect Jon for it because she was really zeroed in on the words "knife in the heart" said by Davos. 

I was a little annoyed that we didn't see Arya and even more so that the passage of time is not being well documented. They made it seem like Euron got back to Cersei at the same time Jon arrived at Dragonstone. Gtfo. Arya should be in Winterfell right now with Bran and Sansa for sure.

I pretty much knew Cersei would pull an Ellaria for revenge. Kinda lackluster as far as revenge goes. Especially knowing that Olenna did what she did to Joffrey lmfao.

Euron pissing Jaime off at King's Landing was the best part of the episode for me. That "finger in the bum" line had me in tears. 1f602.png 

Speaking of Euron. He hasn't killed Yara yet. So you can bet money she is going to exact some sweet sweet revenge on him later in the season. Or, it'll be Theon regaining himself by savagely ripping him apart whether it's because he went crazy or Yara tells him to get his balls back and do something to him after disarming/defeating him herself.

As for Bran. I don't know enough of the books to form a decent opinion of what can happen with him. I don't know much about the Three Eyed Raven and the Nightwalkers outside of what we've seen in the show, and even then I don't remember everything we've even been shown. I'd like to think that Bran will serve as some sort of strategist and lore master to help defeat the Night King. 

I know there's a lot about this universe I don't know. Which gods are actually real, where the magic Melisandre conjures comes from, the shit we've seen regarding The Hound seeing things in the flame from the guy who's back from the dead, etc. Wish the "magic/supernatural" side of the show was explored a bit more. 

I found it a bit strange that right after Baelish said that thing about being seemingly omniscient...Bran said the same damn thing lol.

I think I covered my thoughts for episode 3...maybe I'll think of something later lol.

very well said!

you know i think that is a recurrent joke in GoT, lol Last season when Jaime and Bronn were at the twins, in Walder Frey's party, the girls were looking at Jaime and Bronn and Bronn said "they are not looking at me they are looking at you! They want your golden fingers up into their tw*ts" lol ? i remember very well cause my hubby lauged his ass off ? (And Bronn became his favorite character lol)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

very well said!

you know i think that is a recurrent joke in GoT, lol Last season when Jaime and Bronn were at the twins, in Walder Frey's party, the girls were looking at Jaime and Bronn and Bronn said "they are not looking at me they are looking at you! They want your golden fingers up into their tw*ts" lol 1f602.png i remember very well cause my hubby lauged his ass off 1f602.png (And Bronn became his favorite character lol)

I've got such a bad memory I don't even remember the last time we saw Bronn or what he was doing in the last scene he was in. :S 

(I literally have to type out my post as the episode progresses or I'm going to forget something in the episode lol)

8 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I've got such a bad memory I don't even remember the last time we saw Bronn or what he was doing in the last scene he was in. :S 

(I literally have to type out my post as the episode progresses or I'm going to forget something in the episode lol)

i have very photographic memory, but i suck for names and numbers, (i don't know my cell's number ? lmao)
Btw, Bronn was in yesterday's battle at high garden beside Jaime in one scene, but he had no lines. :)

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

There's a popular fan theory or whatever that Jon and Dany are siblings. :P Do notice how she even says she can't really remember her early past, and doesn't know exactly what happened. ;) There's been other hints about this, but will it be clearly known? idk

Edited by MMDE

1 minute ago, BG_painter said:

i have very photographic memory, but i suck for names and numbers, (i don't know my cell's number 1f602.png lmao)
Btw, Bronn was in yesterday's battle at high garden beside Jaime in one scene, but he had no lines. :)

Yeah I forget that I have to check on food in the oven 15 minutes after I put it in. :facepalm: 

:jaymon: gtfo? I didn't even notice him. My brother is looking at me wondering if I even watched it despite being right there. -_- 

Just now, MMDE said:

There's a popular fan theory or whatever that Jon and Dany are siblings. :P Do notice how she even says she can't really remember her early past, and doesn't know exactly what happened. ;) 

Not knowing, or remembering rather, family trees in detail there's no way I could weigh in on that. I guess if both of their pasts are murky it wouldn't be a stretch. Wouldn't Jon also be invulnerable to fire though? Would the dragon's be able to recognize his bloodline?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yeah I forget that I have to check on food in the oven 15 minutes after I put it in. :facepalm: 

:jaymon: gtfo? I didn't even notice him. My brother is looking at me wondering if I even watched it despite being right there. -_- 

Not knowing, or remembering rather, family trees in detail there's no way I could weigh in on that. I guess if both of their pasts are murky it wouldn't be a stretch. Wouldn't Jon also be invulnerable to fire though? Would the dragon's be able to recognize his bloodline?

Maybe not siblings, but at least related. I'm not sure though.

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-are-jon-snow-and-daenerys-targaryen-related-2016-6

It was already revealed she is her aunt ^_^

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

???

???

6 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Yeah, so I remembered it a bit wrong, and it's his dad that dad is her sibling. Yeah, so there's that. I wonder how that will play out eventually. 

Actually, she named one of her dragons after Jon's father. :P 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Maybe not siblings, but at least related. I'm not sure though.

http://www.businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-are-jon-snow-and-daenerys-targaryen-related-2016-6

1 minute ago, BG_painter said:

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png

Who is whose aunt? 

I don't like family trees lol.

I still don't get Jon Snow though. Shouldn't he have Dany's ability to be ok in fire if he actually is of her bloodline? That would come in handy. 

-------------------

Honestly though Dany's not looking good in the strategy department. It seems like the universe is literally just bending her over at every single point because her plans all seem to be foiled at random points. Yara's fleet being destroyed and her Dorne allies being captured, House Tyrell being obliterated and their money captured, Grey Worm taking a worthless place while the fleet is being destroyed...again. It literally seems like Dany is losing everywhere.

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Who is whose aunt? 

I don't like family trees lol.

I still don't get Jon Snow though. Shouldn't he have Dany's ability to be ok in fire if he actually is of her bloodline? That would come in handy. 

-------------------

Honestly though Dany's not looking good in the strategy department. It seems like the universe is literally just bending her over at every single point because her plans all seem to be foiled at random points. Yara's fleet being destroyed and her Dorne allies being captured, House Tyrell being obliterated and their money captured, Grey Worm taking a worthless place while the fleet is being destroyed...again. It literally seems like Dany is losing everywhere.

I wonder though, who actually has more right to the iron throne Jon or Dany? And the winter has come, so eh, lots can happen from here.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

I wonder though, who actually has more right to the iron throne Jon or Dany? And the winter has come, so eh, lots can happen from here.

I never really thought of rulers as people "who have the right to sit on the throne". I've always considered rulers/leaders as being people capable of leading. 

I get that bloodline's run the throne, but it can be taken by someone else. 

Dany can be a champion of the people...if the people are oppressed. Seemingly has a huge problem with an idea that is better than hers. She has a good chance of becoming a bit of a psycho. She's too quick to make people submit to her will.

Jon seems like he has the ability, but he doesn't seem like he cares to have that much responsibility. (taking the little I remember from his time at the Night's Watch and how he's acted as King in the North) I think he'd be more level headed than Dany though as he's already proven by letting betrayal houses serve him again.

Cersei...is already a fucking psycho, but can lead better even if it's only through fear.