ahmedelebiary

Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

400 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Dany does, technically. The last Targaryen monarch was Aerys and she is his daughter where's Jon would be Rhaegar's son and second in line after her. But in general a male heir takes precedence over a female heir even if the female heir is of direct descent so Jon might just jump the curve so to speak and he'd be the first in line.

If we follow male descendant line, then Rhaegar is Aerys son, and Jon is Aerys son, Dany is just first in line female descendant. This is why I ask though. :P 

Struggling to decide which was my favourite part of the last episode. Olenna calling Joffrey a c*@t or Euron asking Jamie if Cersei liked a finger up the bum

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

If we follow male descendant line, then Rhaegar is Aerys son, and Jon is Aerys son, Dany is just first in line female descendant. This is why I ask though. :P 

I was actually wondering this myself as well. According to a wiki on awoiaf.westeros.org:

"In 171 AC, after the death of King Baelor I Targaryen, the succession of the throne was not clear. Since Baelor had not appointed an heir, there were some lords and smallfolk who felt the Iron Throne should pass to the eldest of his sisters, Princess Daena Targaryen. However, other recalled the troubled time when Rhaenyra Targaryen sat the Iron Throne. The Dance was part of the reason why Prince Viserys Targaryen, Baelor's uncle, was chosen to ascend the throne over the wild Daena.[14] By choosing Viserys over Daena, women have came after all men in Targaryen succession since the Dance.[15]"

And the Dance (of the Dragons) was "a war of succession between Aegon II and his half-sister Rhaenyra over their father Viserys I's throne, the war was fought from 129 AC to 131 AC."  So based on this, I guess Jon would have a stronger claim. But I don't know how much this matters in the TV series though, so... yeah.

6 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Addendum: while I thought the scene between Sansa and Bran was well done there was no reason for Bran to bring up that horrible wedding and Sansa's rape. Being the three eyed raven doesn't translate into social ineptitude; and since he knows everything maybe he should have told her about the fact that Littlefinger lead to her dad's head getting chopped off.

It seems like the producers love to be controversial just to be edgy. They never really apologized for that rape scene, and now they're bringing it up again. And let's be honest, that event could have been handled with much more class and still gotten the point across. And then there is the whole controversy with their new show (while I agree the reaction is a bit knee-jerk, somebody at HBO had to have thought "maybe this isn't the best climate in which to make a racially-charged show").

And yeah, maybe revealing Littlefinger's multiple betrayals would be a better way to say hello to his sister... unless bringing up those private moments was a way of making sure she'd believe his claims that she wouldn't be able to verify. Yep, it's all part of a clever plot to make sure she takes him seriously when he warns her about Littlefinger and the future.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

My problem isn't with the rape scene per se but bringing it up again is either:

A: bad writing

B: they're hinting at the god awful pregnancy theory

Either way, it's sloppy.

7 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

My problem isn't with the rape scene per se but bringing it up again is either:

A: bad writing

B: they're hinting at the god awful pregnancy theory

Either way, it's sloppy.

Oh jesus, I do NOT like B. This is the first I've seen it. It makes sense, but damn. I was actually just thinking about it, have we seen any other Houses just end? So far, it's been heavily implied that House Bolton and House Tyrell are completely gone (I guess there might be bannermen left, but that's it). Am I missing any? Is there some established process/lineage for people to take ownership of a House if only the servants are left, people who's last name isn't the same as the House?

I think the problem with the producers trying to do that (which I wouldn't put past them), is there isn't enough time left in the show to develop anything from that plot idea.

I mean, House Baratheon is completely dead, both legally with the death of Tommen and in reality since season 1 with Robert's death. Usually another house takes their place/belongings/etc, the same way the Starks reclaimed wardenship of the north from the Boltons and had everyone swear fealty to them, even people who fought against them. In some cases previous holdings are simply abandoned, like Dragonstone up and till Dany took over.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

Just realized something.

Theon and Jon are going to be seeing each other soon. Should be an interesting scene.

18 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Just realized something.

Theon and Jon are going to be seeing each other soon. Should be an interesting scene.

Actually speaking of people seeing each other soon where the hell is Jon's direwolf?  I don't recall it dying.

19 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Actually speaking of people seeing each other soon where the hell is Jon's direwolf?  I don't recall it dying.

They are saving some budget for the dragons 😂 also i`m expecting a Arya/Sansa/Bran reunion next episode ! <3 

7 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

No idea. Tbh I forgot that there was even one alive let alone the possibility of another one roaming around.

Maybe it's an undead direwolf now lmfao.

29 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

Ghost is at Winterfell supposedly but I don't think he's been seen since before the battle of the bastards. A producer on the show recently said there was a Ghost/Jon scene in Stormborn but it was pulled. I hope we see him again soon. Preferably chewing on a Lannister

26 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Who's watched episode 4?

Holy hell was that amazing.

I did, just waiting until the other guys have watched it before discussing. those last 10 minutes though ! 😱 hopefully episode 5 gets leaked tomorrow lol 

On 04/08/2017 at 8:45 PM, ahmedelebiary said:

I did, just waiting until the other guys have watched it before discussing. those last 10 minutes though1f631.png hopefully episode 5 gets leaked tomorrow lol 

hear! hear! 🤓

OMG This episode........O.O....

Here we go:

Brienne and Arya: BS
Bronn: The best investment the Lannisters ever made. 🤑
The Battle: I'm still recovering...Jesus Christ.. some day my husband is going to become a widower 😂.. i really freaked out when Drogon got hurt. 😨
Jon and Dany: There is some tension here... I think all that conversation with Misandei.. they are building something with that... future marriage proposal?
Bran and Meera: "I am not Bran"... yep I knew it 😎

This season is F********** EXCELLENT! One episode toping the other! Kudos HBO 👏

Edited by BG_painter

Thanks to those who already saw the episode prior to tonight and didn't discuss it yet lol.

I'm so glad Arya finally made it back home.  I can't remember - is Little Finger on her list?  And is she aware that Little Finger played a part in her father's death?

What was up with Little Finger giving Bran the dagger?  Unless I missed something shouldn't Bran know who the dagger belonged to and who tried to kill him since he is the Three Eyed Raven?

45 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

The Battle: I'm still recovering...Jesus Christ.. some day my husband is going to become a widower 1f602.png.. i really freaked out when Drogon got hurt. 1f628.png
Jon and Dany: There is some tension here... I think all that conversation with Misandei.. they are building something with that... future marriage proposal?
Bran and Meera: "I am not Bran"... yep I knew it 1f60e.png

The Battle:  Not gonna lie that whole battle was badass.  And Jaime being tackled at the last second!

Jon and Dany: About the Missandei part you mentioned - do you mean when Davos was talking to Missandei about her freedom?  I felt he was trying to plant a seed in her to betray Dany.  I probably misunderstood what was being said.

Bran and Meera:  So Bran is no longer Bran?  Basically, the guy in the tree - The Three Eyed Raven - body jumped, for lack of a better term, into Bran's body?

17 minutes ago, MooseSketts said:

I`m so glad Arya finally made it back home.  I can't remember - is Little Finger on her list?  And is she aware that Little Finger played a part in her father's death?

Nope he is not on her list and i dont think she knows anything about him betraying her father. 

notice when Bran interrupted Petyr " Chaos is Ladder" how LF was surprised haha he mentioned that line in a conversation with Varys back in season 1 i believe in the irone throne`s room..also the whole Bran three eyed raven shit is making him look and sound so creepy .. i understand that he has been through a lot and probably saw shitload of events with his abilities but authors really need to clear somethings with this whole thing..lets see next episode , as White Walkers are approaching 😱 

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

hear! hear! 1f913.png

OMG This episode........O.O....

Here we go:

Brienne and Arya: BS
Bronn: The best investment the Lannisters ever made. 1f911.png
The Battle: I'm still recovering...Jesus Christ.. some day my husband is going to become a widower 1f602.png.. i really freaked out when Drogon got hurt. 1f628.png
Bran and Meera: "I am not Bran"... yep I knew it 1f60e.png

This season is F********** EXCELLENT! One episode toping the other! Kudos HBO 1f44f.png

i was really pissed off at Brienne when she kicked Arya, that was really a cheap move, but damn badass Arya showed her some cool moves eh :D "Who taught you that?"  - NO ONE"

Bronn and Jaimie were really brilliant .. but i kinda hate that Bronn shot Drogon, thankfully neither of them three died :D 

i`ve heard rumors on the internet " might be based on leaks" that Jon and Dany might have some sex soon :D can`t wait haha 

I feel bad for Meera.. after all the shit she has done to Bran , that little wanker doesnt know how to appreciate or communicate lmao :D 

Edited by ahmedelebiary

The Spoils of War was an amazing episode 🔥🔥! We had another Stark reunion, Dany and Jon become closer in uniting against their common enemy, and then we had the final act, I’ll just call it the Field of Fire. Dany using Drogon in a battle on Westeros soil was a powerful scene. When Bronn got on the Scorpion ballista I had chills, same for when Jamie started charging Daenerys. This is the first time we had a fight with major characters on each side, which made it a little hard to watch.

Am I missing something here? how is everyone scared for the giant flying fire breathing lizard of destruction with a tyrant driving it around instead of the people on the ground getting roasted like chicken.

I was SOOO sure Bronn was going to die when he manned that crossbow. And when Jaime charged I almost lost it.

The battle was on par if not better than Blackwater Bay. That's a pretty high mark to meet/break.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

Wrote down my thoughts while watching the show lol. Gonna be a long post.

Mycroft from Sherlock is in the show. (realized this last episode)
Billy Bones from Black Sails is in the show
I had to rewind the show 4 times to figure out wtf Bran said. Chaos is a             

Goddamn it Bran.

Arya is that end game boss to the castle guard. Better go grind some wolves for exp dude.

Jon's heart already stopped Sansa. Inconsiderate. :giggle: 

Wheelchair...

Sansa realizing Arya's a badass. 😂

If Bran hugs that tree he's a full blown hippy.

Good fuckin luck Jon Snow. Better hire the dwarves from The Hobbit if you want all that shit mined in time.

Dany be like, "did this dude seriously just lead me by the arm" DRAGONS TIME FOR DINNER

AGAIN WITH THIS BEND THE KNEE SHIT. I'd bend and launch into a fuckin uppercut. 

Dany wants to talk shit about pride...

Dany is about to play the US Air Force and blow everything up lol.

Jon called Dany basic hahahahahahaha.

Podrick moved aside thanking the gods his ass beating was over lol.

Sansa is rethinking her life after the Arya vs Brienne fight. Actually the best little fight I think we've seen all show. SHOW.

Missandei doesn't know what a bastard is lmfao.

Hmm. Jon and Davos seem to be thinking that Missandei and those who follow Dany are just a different type of slave?

Arya reuniting with Sansa and Bran > Jon reuniting with Theon.

Bronn laughing at Dickon = best scene in the episode.

I thought Dany coming in with a storm was a bit much...however, she finally did something right. Showing off her military might was the right move. Sometimes a little chaos and death is what you need to show your opponent(s) that they aren't untouchable.

Bronn over killing the guy chasing him was great.

Dude saying Tyrion's people can't fight is a moron. :facepalm: 

WHY THE FUCK YOU FLY STRAIGHT AT THE GUY AIMING AN ARROW? Unreal.

That was an awfully deep part of the water Jaime fell into. Dude was riding like half a foot away from it when he was tackled.

EDIT:

I just realized I wrote Moriarty. I mixed up my M names lol. It's Mycroft. :facepalm:  Fixed it.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

55 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

AGAIN WITH THIS BEND THE KNEE SHIT. I'd bend and launch into a fuckin uppercut. 

LOL!

@Avatar_Of_Battle i can definately attest this time you were in the room all right watching GoT. Loved your post . Bran knows everything. He KNOWS. And what will he do? Nothing? That dagger scene... i still don't understand all it's meaning... Btw, this time you saw ppl in the episode i dind't see :D

@ahmedelebiary Me and my hubby actualy thought the opposite everybody here is thinking, that Brienne should have kicked ass not Arya. She is twice her size! come on.. I guess i vote for the knight not for the Arya ninja 😂

14 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Thanks to those who already saw the episode prior to tonight and didn't discuss it yet lol.

yes they are all pretty ppl 😂

14 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Jon and Dany: About the Missandei part you mentioned - do you mean when Davos was talking to Missandei about her freedom?  I felt he was trying to plant a seed in her to betray Dany.  I probably misunderstood what was being said.

Bran and Meera:  So Bran is no longer Bran?  Basically, the guy in the tree - The Three Eyed Raven - body jumped, for lack of a better term, into Bran's body?

Jon was chose to be king and the Misandei part for me kinda gave me the feeling they were making some queen propaganda telling the same that they chose Dany as well and Davos was asking Jon what he think of Dany in the beggining of the scene *ahem* Jon said he had no time to look (yeah yeah..)

13 hours ago, StarFang7 said:

The Spoils of War was an amazing episode 1f525.png1f525.png! We had another Stark reunion, Dany and Jon become closer in uniting against their common enemy, and then we had the final act, I’ll just call it the Field of Fire. Dany using Drogon in a battle on Westeros soil was a powerful scene. When Bronn got on the Scorpion ballista I had chills, same for when Jamie started charging Daenerys. This is the first time we had a fight with major characters on each side, which made it a little hard to watch.

Could there be POISON in the arrow? Khal Drogo died from infected wound on the shoulder. Drogon has a wound on the shoulder. Let's all hope i am overthinking this 😟

@HaSoOoN-MHD My husband was thinking the same. He was not sure whose side is the nice side anymore. He looked at me and said "hundreds of ppl burning and you are worried for the health of the dragon?????? O.o" 😂

And for everybody the uppercut.
1488568465754.gif

Edited by BG_painter

6 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

@Avatar_Of_Battle i can definately attest this time you were in the room all right watching GoT. Loved your post . Bran knows everything. He KNOWS. And what will he do? Nothing? That dagger scene... i still don't understand all it's meaning...

And for everybody the uppercut.
1488568465754.gif

That post will pretty much be how I format my first post thoughts on the episode. Easier that way.

I wonder if the writers even know what to do with Bran. All knowing characters don't do well because they should, by all means, have the answer to all questions. The only way out for Bran is him not taking part for an unknown reason, or even something like, "man has to deal with things on his own."

I'll see your one uppercut and raise you 2 more.

Image result for goku uppercut gif

22 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

Could there be POISON in the arrow? Khal Drogo died from infected wound on the should. Drogon has a wound on the should. Let's all hope i am overthinking this 1f61f.png

Oh damn.  I didn't even think about that.