Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

47 minutes ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

• Cersei will fall ( & would not be surprised if its Jaime (who I think survives the watery end of E4 ) that kills her as he knows what she really is ( & history in an ironic twist repeats itself) and there is the prophecy that she dies at the hands of a 'little brother'........also Cersei will not care when told that Tyrion is innocent of Joffreys death and that is what finally decides it for him )

I have been anticipating this for a while now. Jaime killing Cersei would put a nice bow on his story arch. From a baddie that will do anything for the sister he loves, to the savior of Westeros. But, I half way suspect he will kill himself after offing Cersei, and I would not be surprised he is never recognized has the hero he is.

1 hour ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

This is an excellent, thoughtful debate and shows the diversity of opinion in how we all view GoT and its multiple layers of grey.

The preview of the next episode is carefully crafted to deceive what happens next to build the anticipation

My predictions for how it will be at the end of S7 as follows.....

• Cersei will fall ( & would not be surprised if its Jaime (who I think survives the watery end of E4 ) that kills her as he knows what she really is ( & history in an ironic twist repeats itself) and there is the prophecy that she dies at the hands of a 'little brother'........also Cersei will not care when told that Tyrion is innocent of Joffreys death and that is what finally decides it for him )
  • Dany will take the Iron Throne as the world has now seen the awesome destructive power of her dragons ( and an Army in the field can not stand upto them & their superbow did not take Drogon down, only injured ) and dont think she will go 'Mad Queen' ( but wanting something is sometimes better than getting it and it wont meet her expectations )
  • Jon's true parentage is revealed and actually helps to reconcile the north and south, given he is both a Stark & Targaryan
  • Theon will rescue Yara and kill his Uncle ( Euron will commits some atrocities that would make Ramsay blush)
  • They all unite ready for Night King, who is now south of the Wall with his Army of the Dead
  • Then Season 8 is all about the war with the Walkers

Could go on....

I expect lots of deaths, lots of twists, lots of violence, sex and language - but that why we all watch it !!!

Wow that was an excellent read!  You made some pretty good points and I really like the first one.  I, too, feel that Jaime will murder Cersei only because he is so close to her and she may not suspect it coming.

1 hour ago, hugglebunn-e said:

I have been anticipating this for a while now. Jaime killing Cersei would put a nice bow on his story arch. From a baddie that will do anything for the sister he loves, to the savior of Westeros. But, I half way suspect he will kill himself after offing Cersei, and I would not be surprised he is never recognized has the hero he is.

Yeah, I like this idea. I was pretty annoyed early in S7 when Cersei brushed off Tommen's death and Jamie just seemed to accept it. Cersei is indirectly responsible for Myrcella's death, and almost directly responsible for Tommen's death. Interesting how she went from loving Tommen unconditionally to causing his death all because he spurned her influence (which of course happened after her plan with the religious fanatics backfired massively). It will be much better from a storytelling perspective if the story doesn't end there, but shows Jamie realizing her hand in their deaths, and deciding she needs to be stopped. I sure hope the story goes down that road.

• Like 1

I'm honestly hoping they don't go down the white walker war season 8 path because that sounds pretty dull. The walkers just aren't scary or ominous anymore - they were sort of this lovecraftian ominous presence during the start of the story and now they're men with obsidian in their hearts. Okay, whatever.

I think it'd be quite fitting if they actually won. Everyone caught in their squabbles and the threat simply overwhelms westeros. 

On 8/10/2017 at 0:58 PM, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

I'm honestly hoping they don't go down the white walker war season 8 path because that sounds pretty dull. The walkers just aren't scary or ominous anymore - they were sort of this lovecraftian ominous presence during the start of the story and now they're men with obsidian in their hearts. Okay, whatever.

I think it'd be quite fitting if they actually won. Everyone caught in their squabbles and the threat simply overwhelms westeros. 

I think that was one of the first mistakes the producers made. They should have taken a cue from classic directors like Hitchcock, who knew that making the audience use their imaginations was often more effective than showing them something. The same wisdom could probably be applied to some of the other content, but cutting back on the violence would probably piss off many of the fans. :)

I've actually always wondered if the show would let the White Walkers win. I don't think it will, but it would be interesting.

It could all feed into the Bran theory; the white walkers ultimately win and Bran does some of his time travelling bullshit to try and reverse things [which maybe makes Aerys go mad? maybe he goes back in time and starts the legend of The Long Night to prepare people for the upcoming war?] and thus Westeros is caught in a never ending time loop. 

Now I don't particularly want this to come true since i'm skeptical of anything involving time travel but thematically speaking it could feed into the whole cycle of human ambition trumping the greater good which is pretty central to the series/books. Again, I think i'd rather this not happen but they've already dabbled with Hodor so they might go all in.

Side note: http://asongoftheories.tumblr.com/post/91180275210/southron-ambitions

What does everyone think? I think the idea that Aerys was actually *right* to be more shocking than Bran turning him insane or w/e

53 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

It could all feed into the Bran theory; the white walkers ultimately win and Bran does some of his time travelling bullshit to try and reverse things [which maybe makes Aerys go mad? maybe he goes back in time and starts the legend of The Long Night to prepare people for the upcoming war?] and thus Westeros is caught in a never ending time loop. 

Now I don't particularly want this to come true since i'm skeptical of anything involving time travel but thematically speaking it could feed into the whole cycle of human ambition trumping the greater good which is pretty central to the series/books. Again, I think i'd rather this not happen but they've already dabbled with Hodor so they might go all in.

Side note: http://asongoftheories.tumblr.com/post/91180275210/southron-ambitions

What does everyone think? I think the idea that Aerys was actually *right* to be more shocking than Bran turning him insane or w/e

Please no. That would be as bad as the BSG Reboot ending all over again. 

Why would they introduce time travel though if not for a purpose? I just can't see Bran's end game being ''ur a dragon jon snow'' and the Hodor thing was done for a very particular reason.

I wouldn't like it. You wouldn't like it, a lot of people wouldn't like it but it's plausible.

15 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Why would they introduce time travel though if not for a purpose? I just can't see Bran's end game being ''ur a dragon jon snow'' and the Hodor thing was done for a very particular reason.

I wouldn't like it. You wouldn't like it, a lot of people wouldn't like it but it's plausible.

Time will tell; it's certainly possible it will come up again like you say. 

I have a nagging suspicion the ending of the show will piss people off no matter what they do. So many shows don't wrap things up well. Hopefully this will be an exception. 

• Like 1

I reckon Jaime will survive to the next episode although i dont know how he would make it out of that water with all that heavy armour and a missing hand. Maybe lifted out by drogon.

Im looking forward to seeing who the other dragon riders will be. Jon will definitely be one of them. I suspect Tyrion will be the other.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2017 at 0:06 PM, MooseSketts said:

Wow that was an excellent read!  You made some pretty good points and I really like the first one.  I, too, feel that Jaime will murder Cersei only because he is so close to her and she may not suspect it coming.

Any1 read the theory online that Jaime kills Cersei when in fact.. he is Arya? That would be interesting. Besides the "profecy" says Cersei is going to be choked by her younger brother, can you choke some1 with only 1 hand? That is in the book, but it was omitted from the series. I wonder how they are going to do it.

3 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I reckon Jaime will survive to the next episode although i dont know how he would make it out of that water with all that heavy armour and a missing hand. Maybe lifted out by drogon.

Im looking forward to seeing who the other dragon riders will be. Jon will definitely be one of them. I suspect Tyrion will be the other.

Hear, hear!
That's the first thing i thought when i saw him falling "take the armor off you need to swim!" Maybe Bronn will save him again, as the best investiment to the Lannisters as he is :D:P

You guys were really hot about the discussion about Cersey and Dany. I think Cersey is more psycho, lol. My vote is for her.
Just one more day guys! :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

YES!!!! i was like "omg Sam listen to your wife!!!" 1f602.png
It was a good comedy episode, a lot of stuff building up.

I laughed my ass off at the 59,000 shits or whatever the number he said was lol.  But yeah that was interesting.  I didn't catch onto what she said at first because Gilly can't read that well.

I'm really getting on the edge of my seat with what's going on at Winterfell.  Did anyone have the chance to pause the episode and see what the scroll said that Little Finger received from the Maester?  I wasn't able to read it (and won't be able to now).

Hopefully Jaime will now realize how psycho his sister is from her behavior and the things she said.  Side note:  Whoo-hoo... Cersei is prego again by Jaime...  

One thing that bothered me about Gendry returning is how is he going to help (potentially) kill White Walkers?  His hammer isn't capable of killing them, is it?  I thought that either Dragonglass or Valyrian Steel had to be used and from what I saw it didn't seem to be forged with either.

Edited by MooseSketts
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

I'm really getting on the edge of my seat with what's going on at Winterfell.  Did anyone have the chance to pause the episode and see what the scroll said that Little Finger received from the Maester?  I wasn't able to read it (and won't be able to now).

C7Dn85K.png

They intentionally made it difficult to read even when paused, but I think this is the letter the Lannisters made Sansa write way back in season 1. It mentions Roberts death from hunting wounds, Ned being accused of treason ?, and that she is loyal to the Lannisters and the rightful king. This is clear ammunition for Littlefinger to create a rift between The Lady of Winterfell and Arya.

Edited by StarFang7
  • Like 3

Great episode. Had a bit of everything and so many great characters are coming together now that episode 6 should be awesome - slightly disappointed by the Lannister brothers reunions. Daenarys proves once again that she doesn't have a shred of sense in her head. That subtle Rhaegar mic drop seals the deal - Jon's not a bastard, provided someone finds the fucking scroll.

and tfw cersei threatens bronn

__stay_away_from_my_son____by_baqqins-d8

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

Damn Littlefinger up to his old tricks. Was an excellent scene though i have to admit. Makes the viewer think Arya is getting the upper hand till we see Peters smug face.

I didn't mention this before but a had a feeling a truce of sorts was going to happen to all fight the white walkers. The last scene with Jaime and Cersei makes me think he will infact betray her at some point.

Im also hoping Arya and the Hound cross paths again. Their scenes together were some of my favourites.

Anyway Its awesome we have a place to discuss the show. Im loving hearing the different opinions. Props to @StarFang7 I totally forgot about that letter from season 1 but that makes a lot of sense :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StarFang7 said:

C7Dn85K.png

They intentionally made it difficult to read even when paused, but I think this is the letter the Lannisters made Sansa write way back in season 1. It mentions Roberts death from hunting wounds, Ned being accused of treason 1f641.png, and that she is loyal to the Lannisters and the rightful king. This is clear ammunition for Littlefinger to create a rift between The Lady of Winterfell and Arya.

Ah thanks!  I can't believe Arya is falling into Little Finger's game.  I thought she was smarter than that.

4 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

That subtle Rhaegar mic drop seals the deal - Jon's not a bastard, provided someone finds the fucking scroll.

Lol yes!

Not too much to say about the episode. It's building up some great things though.

I hope Dany's death is while she's on her knees. :facepalm: 
Dany did not seem at all happy Jon was able to stand his ground let alone touch one of her "babies".
lmfao Dany's face when Jon said beautiful was not the word he was thinking of.
Really wish we had some sort of knowledge of time. Jorah's arrival seemed quick.
Hammer...smash...
While I'm glad Sam left, I feel like it may have been the wrong move.
I actually would have been more annoyed if Baelish hadn't known Arya was stalking him.
Oh so that's where the Hound is. 
So Jon returned to the Wall...without at least stopping home?
Got a very VERY Lost-like vibe from the ending of the episode.

Thoughts about other stuff.

It did irk me that Sam didn't listen to Gilly, but even then, would he know what to listen for? Does anyone except Bran know what we know?

Speaking of Bran. It seemed like he was more himself than normal. There was a sense of urgency in his voice I wouldn't have expected.

If Cersei kills Bronn, I wonder if Jaime would do something about it. :hmm: 

• Like 2

My favorite bit was the ending with Jon and company heading out from the Wall.

I was getting a Magnificent Seven vibe from the 7 guys heading out. I have a feeling not all 7 will make it back... but with the accelerated pace of the show this season (and I'm assuming the next), maybe their trip will be resolved in one episode and be a minor plot point.

Spoiler

QlVcdLq.png

There were lots of reunions in this one. Even though the plot armor on Bronn and Jamie was ridiculous, I'm glad that they survived to appear again. I agree with some others that Jamie and Tyrion's reunion was a little underwhelming. I wonder if Cersei allowed Tyrion to leave because she accepted that he did not kill Joffrey.

The scenes with Gilly and Sam were great; I'm glad the show is using humor more effectively. It helps make the grim, morally gray themes more tolerable. I was sorry to see the Arch-Maester fall back into traditional inaction after showing some understanding when Sam healed Jorah. Oh well, I can't blame Sam for leaving. Hopefully the seemingly-random scrolls he grabbed include the one mentioning Jon's true parents.

The Littlefinger stuff was well done, as was already mentioned it would have been disappointing if he didn't know Arya was spying on him. But... I can't wait to see him get killed, either by Arya or Sansa. That smug little bastard needs to get what's coming to him.

Also, I understand honor and all that, but Dickon was an idiot. He fights for the first time and isn't really ready for it... the last thing I thought he would do is choose to die needlessly. His dad I understand, he was a proud fool and good riddance to him. But Tyrion had a point, they changed allegiance pretty quickly and then stubbornly chose to not change again. Anyway, Dany is getting pretty power-mad now. I wonder how that will turn out. Jon appears to be a calming influence and now he's gone. She's listening to Tyrion less and less these days.

Cersei is pregnant, that will make her more desperate and ruthless that ever before.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Dany is ruling with fire and fear. When she recruited the Unsullied she didn't tell them ''join me or you're technically free to go but i'll burn you with my dragons haha'' which is what she did here.

Speaking of which...

Jorah gets back to Dany.

Tyrion meets Jaime.

Jon gets back to the Wall.

^Now unless I'm blind or wasn't paying attention, the latter is more likely lol, we didn't see Grey Worm in this episode despite all of those trips taking place?

I can't help but think that Grey Worm should have been back. Now, thanks to The Hound being in prison, I'm thinking Euron has Grey Worm prisoner. I mean if Sandor can go from a house looking at pictures in the fire to a prison cell then Grey Worm can surely go from atop a castle wall to the brig in the middle of the sea. ?

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Speaking of which...

Jorah gets back to Dany.

Tyrion meets Jaime.

Jon gets back to the Wall.

^Now unless I'm blind or wasn't paying attention, the latter is more likely lol, we didn't see Grey Worm in this episode despite all of those trips taking place?

I can't help but think that Grey Worm should have been back. Now, thanks to The Hound being in prison, I'm thinking Euron has Grey Worm prisoner. I mean if Sandor can go from a house looking at pictures in the fire to a prison cell then Grey Worm can surely go from atop a castle wall to the brig in the middle of the sea. 1f602.png

We haven't seen Missandei either, right? There is a joke here but I'll take the high road.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Really wish we had some sort of knowledge of time. Jorah's arrival seemed quick.
While I'm glad Sam left, I feel like it may have been the wrong move.
I actually would have been more annoyed if Baelish hadn't known Arya was stalking him.

I thought the same thing about Jorah!  I guess he has Instant Transmission - a common technique a lot of the characters are showing this season.

I do feel that Sam did make a bad move, but I think it had to be done.  He wasn't getting far in his business against the White Walkers and he was frustrated.

Yeah, I agree and I'm glad that at least Little Finger knew about her being there.  I mean Arya was practically out in plain sight in one of the scenes and the woman who was talking to Little Finger NOT see her.  Seriously wtf?

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The scenes with Gilly and Sam were great; I'm glad the show is using humor more effectively. It helps make the grim, morally gray themes more tolerable. I was sorry to see the Arch-Maester fall back into traditional inaction after showing some understanding when Sam healed Jorah. Oh well, I can't blame Sam for leaving. Hopefully the seemingly-random scrolls he grabbed include the one mentioning Jon's true parents.

The Littlefinger stuff was well done, as was already mentioned it would have been disappointing if he didn't know Arya was spying on him. But... I can't wait to see him get killed, either by Arya or Sansa. That smug little bastard needs to get what's coming to him.

Maybe I looked too far into it and didn't process what happened well, but I figured that, deep down, the Arch Maester did believe Sam; however, because of his pride as an Arch Maester and being in front of the others he did not want to appear as if he was 100% accepting a peon's word.  I thought for sure the Arch Maester would be confronting Sam later.  Oh well.  Side note: How the hell did Sam know which books/scrolls to grab?

Don't worry - stroke mouth (Little Finger) will get his come comeuppance eventually.. hopefully.

• Like 1