How hard and long is the Platinum?

Lava_Yuki

I think I clocked in around 68 hours. It's really not challenging, just takes some grinding to master the mirage boards and capture all the mirages. Also, nothing is missable. There may not be a trophy guide up on PSNprofiles yet but there is at least one good one on another site. 

I got the plat today and it took me 68 hours too lol. The minigames aren't particularly difficult. The one people have trouble with, sandstalker in less than 10 moves for maduin, is more frustrating than hard as it's mostly luck based. If you are having difficulty doing it you can always just trade for him if you can find somebody able to help. Beyond that the game is kinda easy really. Most of the time I just used the standard attack to kill things. I used the guide over on .org and it got me through without issue.

How hard and long is the Platinum?

95a.png

9 minutes ago, Itachirulz1 said:

Is this game any good? Been thinking about getting it for a while and see its £17ish

If you like FF till 10 or like games that require to capture monsters like pokemon or digimon, then is a must buy.

• Like 1

I might give it a shot then as it's dropped quite a bit in price on the psn store and I'm almost done with the FFXV plat. 

On 17/07/2017 at 10:01 PM, Alternatewarning said:

I wouldn't say it's hard?  I can't speak for length since I'm very slow.  RIght now I"m working on the trophy guide, I just need to sit down and finish it.  Maybe I'll work on that today, haha

There are minigames but I picked them up pretty fast, faster than in some other Final Fantasy games.

Looking forward to your trophy guide! It seems to be one of those games like Pokemon with a lot of postgame grinding

23 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I got the plat today and it took me 68 hours too lol. The minigames aren't particularly difficult. The one people have trouble with, sandstalker in less than 10 moves for maduin, is more frustrating than hard as it's mostly luck based. If you are having difficulty doing it you can always just trade for him if you can find somebody able to help. Beyond that the game is kinda easy really. Most of the time I just used the standard attack to kill things. I used the guide over on .org and it got me through without issue.

Thats good to hear, I hope I can pick them up as I've heard some people crossing the 90 hour mark with this. It looks likes a nice game to play though. 

On ٢٠‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 5:59 PM, ModeOfAdam said:

Hello everyone,

I just wanna clarify:

Until Postgame I can play for my own without thinking about trophies due to every trophy available in postgame, right?

Thanks in advance.

actually the rest of the trophies can only be obtained during post game, some of the mirages won't appear until post game, nothing is missable.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not too difficult, like most people said the minigame ones are most challenging, also micromanaging all the in-game chests is somewhat of a chore(I suggest a check-list). Most troublesome for me was getting Maduin for the full collection of mirages, but that difficulty can be mitigated by having someone trade one to you like I did for a few people.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i would have gotten this for vita if i had known it had online features.(not a plus member and have ps4 version.) anyways, those with experience with this maduin mirage is it doable without trading? i am very early in the game so nowhere near that point anyhow. just want to know since when i reach that point i'll have to do the mini game. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 0:03 AM, RJP_X said:

i would have gotten this for vita if i had known it had online features.(not a plus member and have ps4 version.) anyways, those with experience with this maduin mirage is it doable without trading? i am very early in the game so nowhere near that point anyhow. just want to know since when i reach that point i'll have to do the mini game. 

Totally doable, just takes practice and luck. I actually missed it the first time around and went back to play it during the post-game.

5 hours ago, undefinedmike said:

Totally doable, just takes practice and luck. I actually missed it the first time around and went back to play it during the post-game.

yeah i got the hang of it a few days ago, at first i couldn't figure it out. until i watched a few videos, one which explained the rules better than the game did. after that it wasn't as bad as i expected. i seen many topics asking for trades so i was a bit nervous on its frustration level.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2018 at 9:48 AM, RJP_X said:

yeah i got the hang of it a few days ago, at first i couldn't figure it out. until i watched a few videos, one which explained the rules better than the game did. after that it wasn't as bad as i expected. i seen many topics asking for trades so i was a bit nervous on its frustration level.

Hopefully it won't be as frustrating as the Chocobo trainer race or dodging 200 lightning bolts in FFX which made me want to throw my controller ?

According to this site it took me 3 weeks and 5 days, but I remember playing for maybe no more than two hours a day at most, maybe a bit more of a weekend sometimes. So, perhaps 65-70 hours or so (more than it feels). Not too long, and nothing difficult or too grindy.

Oh, and I didn't do any trading or online stuff. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Hopefully it won't be as frustrating as the Chocobo trainer race or dodging 200 lightning bolts in FFX which made me want to throw my controller 1f605.png

I haven't done either of those things, but I platted this. So you're good. :P

On 7/18/2018 at 9:08 AM, Lava_Yuki said:

Hopefully it won't be as frustrating as the Chocobo trainer race or dodging 200 lightning bolts in FFX which made me want to throw my controller 1f605.png

i found getting through the post game dungeons harder than anything, because it needs a bit more strategy than most of the game does. you can spam attack through a majority of the game. the true ending final boss and post game dungeons require you to use more of your abilities and strategies. i'm basically on the final stretch now of grinding for hours to get the rest of the mirages through evolution basically, and maxing out 100 evolution families mirage boards. also i have to use some of those mirages to fill in mini-ventures of showing i have created those mirages. all the difficult parts are over thankfully lol.  

finding that last chest though through me a big curve ball, i thought i cautiously got them all but missed one. i usually never mess up on those kinds of things, even on tales of symphonia with all its missables i managed to perfect that game, i was definitely in a bit of disbelief when the trophy didn't pop after opening the last chest lol.

• Like 1