Glitched Trophy: Jay Will Be Proud

Brentont88

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How did you guys get the trophy without the patch? I downloaded the game again and opened it without the latest patch and runs only stunts challenges on loop, i can't go to the opening screen.

I'm still having problem when i open the updated game, there are only 9 cars instead of 11 in ALL Stars Vehicles and i did buy ALL the 9 and no trophy...

Edited by Gustavodias_1982

On 19.1.2023 at 3:34 PM, Gustavodias_1982 said:

How did you guys get the trophy without the patch? I downloaded the game again and opened it without the latest patch and runs only stunts challenges on loop, i can't go to the opening screen.

I'm still having problem when i open the updated game, there are only 9 cars instead of 11 in ALL Stars Vehicles and i did buy ALL the 9 and no trophy...

If the game runs stunts challenges on loop, you didn't installed the game to the end. On playstation every installation of a game has two steps: ready to play, and installed. In the ready to play state the game isn't installed completely, therefore it runs in the preinstalled mode where in case of flatout you can only play stunts.

So if you have the game on disc, deactivate your internet connection and let install the game to the end. If you only have a digital copy you have to set a proxy that the game will be installed on version 1.0.

Edited by I3arbiQ
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8.9.2022 at 5:55 PM, gabrzzz said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share another method that doesn't need installing any program.
(I didn't discover this, credits goes to who shared it: qLucas, Jats Tube. And who discovered it: Cronus).

The PS4 requires you to have the double of a game's size available in order to download it.

1. Your PS4 needs to be running out of storage space for the game you want the 1.00 version.
2. Start downloading any games to make your storage full. You can pause them after they start downloading. (When it shows how much time left to finish)
3. When you run out of storage space, start downloading the game you want the 1.00 version.
4. The error of not having enough storage should occur.
5. Go to Settings -> Network -> Disable internet in the console.
6. With the internet off resume the download.
7. The message "Preparing to download... (1%)" will appear.
8. You can now delete the paused games you started downloading to make your storage full.
9. Go back to Settings -> Network -> Enable the internet again.
10. The game will automatically re-download on version 1.00.

Example:

MfVItCI.png

still works

downgrade worked with my savegame from 4 years ago

had 2 new cars to buy for 85k each

i got the trophie + plat after buying 1 of the 2 cars (i bought the snowplow one)

i already owned and finished everything else pre-downgrade 4 years ago

Edited by LordTier

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 10:05 PM, nikitashotya said:

Is this true? Like confirmed or something? bruh I just bought that car, would't have done this if I knew straight away that the trophy is bugged 

Yes it's true. Since the game is about 6 years old, I'm pretty certain they won't release a new patch that fixes the trophy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Godo Fwar said:

Yes it's true. Since the game is about 6 years old, I'm pretty certain they won't release a new patch that fixes the trophy.

damn, so I can't get the trophy if I have bought the gremlin for 0$ and then downgrade my game version to 1.00? I only need all them cars for the plat ?

2 minutes ago, nikitashotya said:

damn, so I can't get the trophy if I have bought the gremlin for 0$ and then downgrade my game version to 1.00? I only need all them cars for the plat 1f629.png

I'm afraid so. You're gonna have to start all over again if you want the plat, I know it sucks :(

1 minute ago, nikitashotya said:

that's a shame 1f625.png I ask myself why the devs didn't fix this back in the days when the latest patch was new... but thank you man! 

At least you can go back to it when you feel like it, if you remember what to do next time ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8.3.2023 at 11:05 PM, nikitashotya said:

Is this true? Like confirmed or something? bruh I just bought that car, would't have done this if I knew straight away that the trophy is bugged 

if i remember right i owned everything before i downgrade but i havent checked it so iam not 100% sure ... but i know i just needed to buy 1 of the 2 cars after downgrading to get my trophies while other ppl say say had to buy both ... so they either bought the wrong one first and u really just need the snowplow ... or the 0$ car counts in some versions while it bugs others ...

i own the eu/ger digital version if that makes a difference ... they are maybe a bit different in 1.0 vanilla due to different release dates or have a slighly different patchhistory 

if you are close to finish u could give it a try otherwise restarting would be the savest way 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2023 at 3:21 PM, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

I messaged the devs on Facebook about it and they said they are not planning to fix it right now, so I don't know if they will in the future or not.

This title is going to be removed from PS Premium in middle of May, so I doubt they will work on it. Glad this topic exists as I don't want to get into the game that will cause problems while there's like 20 other ones being removed. Can anyone confirm the bug still exists?

• 1 month later...

I just got back to say that downgrading the game back to 1.00 DOES WORK. I´ve followed the instructions to download the 1.00 version which is 3.3gig the arenas and 6.6gigs total(arena and career). I´d attach some printscreens to show but somehow the browser isn´t working fine now...

anyway, I´d like to leave my thanks to who brought this up(i dunno why i can´t quote em), so now i have a chance to platinum the game now. Since i´m a poor guy in a poor country(and sorry for my poor english i´m still learning on my own) and my main account(NA) is still from the early PS3 days, i cannot afford subscribe PS Plus to play online, i´ll have to wait until Sony opens multiplayer for non-subscribrers in a future weekend.

Edited by Gustavodias_1982
many spelling errors
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I buy all cars, Gremlin included, make 170.000 and down the digital to 1.00.

In the All Star  categorie add two new cars for 85.000 each named "Avoid Gremlin DS", the two cars got same name. Only need buy one and trophy + platinum pop. Yeah! nice trick for get the 1.00 version.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who posted and warned the rest of us. I almost bought this today because it went on sale for $1 dollar US and looked fun. Instead, I came here first and am so glad I did. Kylotonn Racing Games is not a user-friendly developer. I hope everyone can get their platinums.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Picked up the game digitally (NA version) for $0.67 on the PS+ sale. I took no chances and played the entire Career & FlatOut Mode on v1.00. I can confirm that all 38 offline trophies can be obtained on v1.00. I didn't notice any game breaking glitches/bugs while playing it for a week. Self-boosted the online today, took under an hour.

Note: If you play on v1.00 remember to delete the downloading patch when you start up the game.

fo2.jpg
fo3.jpg

fo1.jpg

Flat-Out-4-Total-Insanity-20231206111428

Flat-Out-4-Total-Insanity-20231206111458

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ryan Industries said:

Picked up the game digitally (NA version) for $0.67 on the PS+ sale. I took no chances and played the entire Career & FlatOut Mode on v1.00. I can confirm that all 38 offline trophies can be obtained on v1.00. I didn't notice any game breaking glitches/bugs while playing it for a week. Self-boosted the online today, took under an hour.

Note: If you play on v1.00 remember to delete the downloading patch when you start up the game.

I also just bought it digitally since it was so cheap and have been reading about the glitched trophy. How did you get the option to delete the patch? I tried downloading it on both my PS4 and PS5 and it starts downloading as one file which appears to include the 1.02 patch.

2 hours ago, plafix68 said:

I also just bought it digitally since it was so cheap and have been reading about the glitched trophy. How did you get the option to delete the patch? I tried downloading it on both my PS4 and PS5 and it starts downloading as one file which appears to include the 1.02 patch.

I had to use PSX (Method 1) on PC, which is a patch blocker. That's the only way digitally. 

If you have any trouble setting it up, I can show you with screenshots.

Edited by Ryan Industries