Trophy Toughts?

Naruto_Senju92

• 4 weeks later...

sounds like an absolute grind if you ask me, i know F2P games are supposed to keep you playing for a long time to raise the chances of you spending money but this is just insane, you're gonna have to play the game for about 3 months straight and win everything to get the plat, i hope more developers do it like Paladins does it, make the trophies actually attainable.

15 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

sounds like an absolute grind if you ask me, i know F2P games are supposed to keep you playing for a long time to raise the chances of you spending money but this is just insane, you're gonna have to play the game for about 3 months straight and win everything to get the plat, i hope more developers do it like Paladins does it, make the trophies actually attainable.

It's a future free to play game, the point of them is to make you grind.

Besides that, the game is extremely easy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

It's a future free to play game, the point of them is to make you grind.

Besides that, the game is extremely easy.

easy or not, grinding for months is not the answer, i played Paladins which is a F2P game but ended up getting the founder's pack and the realm pack after i got the plat and i continue to jump online and play to this day, making a fun game is the answer, relying on cash grab trophy lists from the trophy hunting community is just wrong!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Soufwar said:

easy or not, grinding for months is not the answer, i played Paladins which is a F2P game but ended up getting the founder's pack and the realm pack after i got the plat and i continue to jump online and play to this day, making a fun game is the answer, relying on cash grab trophy lists from the trophy hunting community is just wrong!

Unless you're making an easy plat game that's the only time people are trying to cash in on trophy hunters. How many people do you think buy up "shortcut" DLC's in games just to get trophies? Probably very few. I assume this game that they've been working on for six years was intended to be fun first mostly with the trophies just serving as a replayability extender.

6 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Unless you're making an easy plat game that's the only time people are trying to cash in on trophy hunters. How many people do you think buy up "shortcut" DLC's in games just to get trophies? Probably very few. I assume this game that they've been working on for six years was intended to be fun first mostly with the trophies just serving as a replayability extender.

you're missing my point, Ride 2 uses the trophy hunting community to extend its multiplayer lifespan with 1 trophy, this game is just a total grind, and they're been working on it since 2015 which makes it 2 years and not 6, the project was put on hiatus for the last 5 years. my problem with games that try to use the trophy list as bait is that i dont play them, i am just sad that developers still try to use the trophy hunting community, btw i am all for very hard games and platinums (in single player), because you can unlock those trophies anytime in the future.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Soufwar said:

you're missing my point, Ride 2 uses the trophy hunting community to extend its multiplayer lifespan with 1 trophy, this game is just a total grind, and they're been working on it since 2015 which makes it 2 years and not 6, the project was put on hiatus for the last 5 years. my problem with games that try to use the trophy list as bait is that i dont play them, i am just sad that developers still try to use the trophy hunting community, btw i am all for very hard games and platinums (in single player), because you can unlock those trophies anytime in the future.

You say they've been working on it since 2015 (so last two years) but then follow that up with with saying they had it on hiatus for the last five years. Even if that is just poor phrasing or not understanding English, that's still seven years totaled.

>my face right now

bcf.png

I also don't know where you got that info that development was on hiatus from. I guess you broke into Epic studios and hid there during a full work day or something while they worked on Gears of War Judgment.

I'm getting away from your point about the trophies though, my apologies. It's like this, they want to incentive and reward people that stick with the game. That's not an issue unless you solely play games for the trophies. If you look at Epic's other game out on the PS4; Paragon, that has been out for over a year now and I'm still playing it. They keep adding content to keep the experience fresh and the core game itself has been fun. So if Paragon is anything to go by, Fortnite will be a game they will enjoy to continue to play for a long time.

Don't ever let trophies dictate to you the quality of a game or vice-versa. Plenty of amazing games had underwhelming or boring or hard trophy lists and plenty of crap games have had easy list but notice how I mention the quality of these games before I mentioned the kind of trophies they had. You're welcome to avoid games for whatever reason if you want, that's your prerogative but you might be missing out on something you might have otherwise enjoyed.

Feel free to come laugh with me at all the Sonic fans that are opting not to play one of the best Sonic games in decades because it has no platinum trophy:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/51498-no-plat/

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 7:27 AM, mcnichoj said:

You say they've been working on it since 2015 (so last two years) but then follow that up with with saying they had it on hiatus for the last five years. Even if that is just poor phrasing or not understanding English, that's still seven years totaled.

>my face right now

bcf.png

I also don't know where you got that info that development was on hiatus from. I guess you broke into Epic studios and hid there during a full work day or something while they worked on Gears of War Judgment.

I'm getting away from your point about the trophies though, my apologies. It's like this, they want to incentive and reward people that stick with the game. That's not an issue unless you solely play games for the trophies. If you look at Epic's other game out on the PS4; Paragon, that has been out for over a year now and I'm still playing it. They keep adding content to keep the experience fresh and the core game itself has been fun. So if Paragon is anything to go by, Fortnite will be a game they will enjoy to continue to play for a long time.

Don't ever let trophies dictate to you the quality of a game or vice-versa. Plenty of amazing games had underwhelming or boring or hard trophy lists and plenty of crap games have had easy list but notice how I mention the quality of these games before I mentioned the kind of trophies they had. You're welcome to avoid games for whatever reason if you want, that's your prerogative but you might be missing out on something you might have otherwise enjoyed.

Feel free to come laugh with me at all the Sonic fans that are opting not to play one of the best Sonic games in decades because it has no platinum trophy:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/51498-no-plat/

I stopped reading after the first sentence you said, this game started a long time ago, Fortnite was supposed to come out last gen mind you but then Epic who by the way work on several games not to mention a little engine called Unreal Engine, they didnt have the resources to pour into Fortnite so they put it on hiatus until 2015 when production began again, since 2011 (preproduction and when the idea was pitched) to the end of preproduction 4 months later, the game was put on hiatus and didnt start again till 2015, full production started mid 2016 by the way and the game came together since then, why do you think its been released in early access and not as a full game? I am not gonna argue with you anymore, and i am in the modding community for Unreal Tournament so i kinda know some peeps from over the Fort Team and i heard from them the history of this game, now you can always check online or you can be a good little boy and join Epic's Discord and ask there, alright cheers. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Having played this daily for a few weeks now I can say that those 5 grind trophies are balls and will stop so many people from getting anywhere near the Platinum.   They need to be re-balanced, but that wont happen.  So either commit 6 months to getting only this plat or let it go.

• Like 3

On 18/09/2017 at 9:55 AM, chickenbaltipie said:

I wonder how many people will download this now the PUBG mode has been added

I'll be honest, its because of this mode that i'm going to give this a try

Is it gonna have new trophies for it? Or will it unlock the current trophies through the new free mode. Wonder how it will work

• 3 months later...

Dumdeedum first to platinum in the world and took him 6 months to do it.. good luck for those brave few who attempt to grind out this plat.. it will be long and somewhat difficult.. it will get boring and you’ll have to force yourself into play styles you may be uncomfortable with (constructors class).. and finally, it will become extremely repitive and redundant with the missions.. just beat ssd6 in twine today and I’m on a sabbatical with fortnite.. took me the better part of 3 months just to do the campaign