Has anybody ever has got free games from psn using tricks on youtube etc.

aditya319

I actually use to follow playstation on youtube and all just to be updated but whenever i play them i get video suggestion on free games trick and codes and etc.. first i ignored them coz i knew they are fake.. but then there a thousands of videos on this.. so today i just tried to give it a try.. but as expected nothing works.. and i felt dumb trying these dumb tricks.. i mean these are so dumb that no way these can work.. but i may be wrong.. so i wanted to confirm this.. if someone has ever got free games from psn using these tricks plz do share the experience or whatevr they think about these videos and all going around on youtube..

5 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I care greatly for my PlayStation account considering I've poured hundreds and probably thousands of dollars into it.. Id rather not do anything sketchy like this and risk my account being banned/terminated for as something silly like this.

You could always set up a dummy account for the "free" games, so if it gets banned there's no loss to your main account. Of course, none of these methods are going to work to begin with, so I suppose the point is moot.

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

You could always set up a dummy account for the "free" games, so if it gets banned there's no loss to your main account. Of course, none of these methods are going to work to begin with, so I suppose the point is moot.

Exactly :P I could be wasting my time with better things other than this lol.

17 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I care greatly for my PlayStation account considering I've poured hundreds and probably thousands of dollars into it.. Id rather not do anything sketchy like this and risk my account being banned/terminated for as something silly like this.

Sony will only ban you if you buy games with a credit card and you cancel the payment going to the bank after.

However, it is known that Microsoft has massively banned users that took advantage of an issue on their marketplace that put a couple games for free.

EDIT: 

99% of the youtube 'tricks' and giveaways are fake. Don't waste a second watching them

Edited by charlijaen

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

Sony will only ban you if you buy games with a credit card and you cancel the payment going to the bank after.

However, it is known that Microsoft has massively banned users that took advantage of an issue on their marketplace that put a couple games for free.

EDIT: 

99% of the youtube 'tricks' and giveaways are fake. Don't waste a second watching them

It's also illegal to do so as that's considered a form of fraud

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Couldn't they console ban you though? Like you won't be able to use your console anymore because they can easily track your IP if I'm not mistaken

Thanx guys.. so i was right and thats y rather than wasting time on these videos i came here to know the facts..and its good that these tricks dont work.. bcoz if we pay.. we can hope for some good content.. if we start getting things for free we might lose on good content.. though there are some devs.. who dont really deserve as much money as they ask for..i dont know but i still feel that games are sold for a price a bit higher than they should be.. but good thing is that after some time price is significantly reduced..