Game cards

I heard you could buy Square-Enix game cards which you could redeem for months on FFXIV. I saw one in the GameStop site for $40 for two months? Anyone want to confirm this as that could be my main method of buying time on the game as I am not comfortable with extending my time via the on-line site.

Final Fantasy 14 has pre-paid gametime cards starting from i believe 60 days. You can redeem these cards on ff14 mogstation in your browser. If it's just a square enix card i think you can only redeem it for use in the square store. These ff14 cards are probably there for a reason so i recommend using those. I used one just a few days ago.

Admittedly i find the square account management pages a bit dodgy to navigate and imo could really use an overhaul. If you need more answers don't hesitate to post more replies

If Gamestop is charging $40 for two months, they're overcharging. A two month standard sub is $29.99. Go with Amazon instead.

To answer your question, yep, you can use game cards only! Just note that if you've purchased a basic sub through the site, you need to wait for it to expire before you can redeem your game card, as the game card gives you a standard sub.

Okay, thanks for letting me know! ^_^

And I only made a guess, I don't remember what the card sold for on the site. It could have been $29.99. I didn't realize you have to wait until your free month expires to use the card, thanks for the tip.

Edited by MidnightCJ

Imho you don't even need the standard price option. Who really needs to make alts when 1 character can be all class/jobs. I stick with the Entry price option that only alllows 1 character per server. Its like 11 or 12$ a month. So yeah Gamestop is surely overpriced.

edit: its actually $12.99 for entry account.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

14 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Imho you don't even need the standard price option. Who really needs to make alts when 1 character can be all class/jobs. I stick with the Entry price option that only alllows 1 character per server. Its like 11 or 12$ a month. So yeah Gamestop is surely overpriced.

Roleplay purposes! ? I also needed both a catboy and a dragonboy because that's a tough choice.

But if you don't have a credit card or don't want to go through Mogstation, standard is your only option.