Firmware beta 5.0

Hogie838

23 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Firmware 5.0 is in beta. What features would you like to see? One thing I want is to view trophy lists in alphabetical order. I do hope they don't change the aesthetics too much.

https://youtu.be/XtPy6DAg1Bk

Username change. plain and simple -- should've been done a decade ago. 

I know it's been said many times before but I'd like to see a few things... 

PSN Name Change, ability to delete trophy lists even if they have trophies already earned, and trophy progress tracker on the trophy list. While I know many of these aren't likely to happen yet again, I can dream can't I? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

An option to change how notifications look would be nice. I'm used to them being white now, but it still doesn't change that fact that they looked better how they were before.

As for new features, I want trophy progress to be tracked, similar to how it's done on Xbone. So let's say there's a trophy for getting 10 kills with a weapon, it will say "6/10 kills" or whatever if you click on the trophy itself. There are in-game trackers of course, but not every game has these. Hopefully a feature like this would encourage more developers to use it. Trophy hunting would be a lot more convenient with this.

And yes..... PSN name changes. Maybe this time we'll be lucky, eh? :awesome:

I really hope the trophy tracking never happens. It's broken and abusable on Xbox, it tracks poorly and you're able to trick it, for example saving before collecting a collectible, picking it up, getting +1 on the achievement progress tracker, then reloading your save and picking up that same collectible again for another +1.

Absolutely awful feature of the Xbox. That, on top of every game having 1000G, makes the system just as pointless as the Steam achievements.

58 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

- The previous Notification menu , all organized in categories instead of a mixed-up mess list. On the better for both, we should be allowed to choose between the old and the recent Notification menu.

- All sorting options for Trophies (A-Z, Rarity, Trophy Types, Original, Unearned).

- Option to switch between black (at launch) and white notifications (since late 2016).

To this day, I still can't understand, why someone at Sony did not think it was worth it, to have the same sorting options as the ones we had on PS3.

39 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I am going to be really creative and smart by coming up an idea that no one has ever thought before. Are you guys ready for it?

PSN NAME CHANGE!!!

Aside from that, as everyone l want black notifications back. White one sucks.

Do we really want PSN name change? I mean a lot of people know you by a certain name its kind of annoying to change your name and then having to tell everyone your name is now such and such.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I really hope the trophy tracking never happens. It's broken and abusable on Xbox, it tracks poorly and you're able to trick it, for example saving before collecting a collectible, picking it up, getting +1 on the achievement progress tracker, then reloading your save and picking up that same collectible again for another +1.

Absolutely awful feature of the Xbox. That, on top of every game having 1000G, makes the system just as pointless as the Steam achievements.

I didn't know about that. This happens for every game? Well, just because it's broken/abusable on Xbox doesn't mean it has to be on PlayStation. I mean in-game trackers work fine the vast majority of the time. If it worked properly, it would be a great feature.

I hope they do let us sort trophies by alphabetical order this time around.

I am trying to sign up for the beta 5.0 but because I am not a PS Now subscriber it isn't letting me.

It has been fixed. I was able to sign up.

Edited by snakebit10

17 minutes ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

They can limit the name change to only 1, or once a year, so no one can abuse the system and change his name daily. 

No one can abuse it, period. Every other company that has the name change option, Microsoft, Steam, Blizzard, it will update the name on any Block list.

I just want to organize my trophies alphabetically on the PS4. Why they don't allow it now when both the PS3 and Vita have it, I dunno. Sony is such a weird company.

Definitely the black notifications.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Huh. I didn't know about that.

You can have Custom Themes though, (well, more Custom Wallpaper I suppose), so that's not so bad :)
Definitely want a PSN ID change though, even if we have to pay a fee of like £10 for a one time deal :/
The biggest one for me would be the Trophy organisation (and the Notifications screen), not sure why they took out the alphabetic list - makes it far easier to find a game that way ha

Fingers crossed they do something decent this time around :)