Firmware beta 5.0

Hogie838

To all people asking for ID change: PSN is not INSIDE the console, if they do things right it could even be done from a website or the smartphone app, like deleting 0% trophy lists (although you still need to fully delete the profiles from PS3/Vita to completely get rid of them, not sure about PS4)

• Like 1

To be honest, everyones pretty much said what I'd like to see.

With notifications from trophies though. I'd like to see a pallet of colours so you can choose what colour you want that notification. Sort of like the profiles on PS3 with different background colours. So I'd have like a deep red background but keep the white text. Mix and match. That way people can mix between the old and recent and have their own mix.

I'd like to see backwards compatibility with this update. I highly doubt it would happen but my PS3 is dying & I still have loads of games to go through. That way I can put my PS3 into storage and make some space.

PSN name changes for the people who want it, although i don't see why that would be part of a PS4 firmware update as it is a PSN thing not a PS4 thing. Unless it has to be done on the consoles side (PS3, Vita, PS4) as it might not be possible via PSN for some [Insert technical term here] reason. Which supports what Sony have been saying for years and years.

If PSN ID / name changes are implemented then any implications for a stat tracking site like this one is unclear.

PSN name changes could be doable because in 2016 the guy with the 'Jihad' name was contacted by Sony because his name was deemed as offensive and he was offered by Sony for them to change his name for him, but in the end they decided to just ban his account, it did however demonstrate that name changes could be done, IF his story holds true of course.

Now if it does happen you might have to be a PS+ subscriber to actually do it, which by no coincidence would bring in a few gazillion quids for Sony. Subsequent ID name changes would probably incur an additional cost not unlike how Microsoft handles things, it is all about the money, first second and third.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

- Able to delete undeleteable apps (TV, The Playroom, Share factory, PSN now)

I put them all in a folder named junk but now it feels like having a trash bag in your room without being able to throw it away.

- Getting rit of the "What's new" app

I didn't care for it on the PS3 and I don't care for it on the PS4.

- Being able to delete trophy list that have trophies.

I like to have a clean list with games that I can obtain and some games I just want to platinum again.

- Username change

- Black notifications

Edited by Doomsdayman
  • Like 1

They should give people more options to choose for the look of their PS4, including what apps to remove etc. That would be the best method I reckon.

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

As long as they don't impliment psn name changes i'll be happy.

I know some people really want it (because they apparently didn't understand that when the notification came up telling them that this could not be changed when they created thier account it meant that this cannot be changed :-S (Derp), but the inability for people to remember bad players they have encountered that would ensue is far too high a price to pay in my opinion.

I never thought of that! That is a really good point. Nobody wants to play with bad sports who let them down again.

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I know some people really want it (because they apparently didn't understand that when the notification came up telling them that this could not be changed when they created thier account it meant that this cannot be changed :-S (Derp), but the inability for people to remember bad players they have encountered that would ensue is far too high a price to pay in my opinion.

Happy?? Wtf. It be more acceptable 10, 15yrs ago that naming is unchangeable because it was hard to do and wasnt implemented or thought about when they created how their system should work but it's damn 2017 now. Is it that complicated? Bad players? Just block them. Or have a history of their name changes. Heck even Psnprofiles here have something so simple. 

Edit: what they should had done was everyones account be link to a id number that doesnt show but a name that shows to people can be changed kinda like the request close friend naming system. They could even put a name change limit like google.

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3

probably will just be another stability update gotta keep up with the 3DS somehow

Would like a PSN ID Change available
If they are that worried about people abusing they could just charge $5-$10 and only allow one name change per year or something like that(Not sure what Microsoft does with as far as I know they charge money for it but not sure how often you can change it)

And I don't necessarily hate my PSN I just tend to get bored with them after so many years.

One day I took out a trophy and at the same time the light went off, when I turned on the PS3 the list was 0%, I had 80% and I could only save 50% which is what I had updated.
So if you can erase whole lists of trophies another thing is that SONY wants to do it.

15 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why would you want to remember bad players when that's what the 'block' player feature is for?

If you blocked me as JapanimeGamer and I later changed my name to BigGunzZzBaby then I would still be blocked by you, because the PSN account will get blocked and not just a specific name tied to it. This would stop people who annoyed someone and then changed their PSN name hoping to start again. Blocked once, blocked for good, unless they create a new account which can be done at anytime anyway.

Equally, anyone on your friends list who changed their PSN name would remain on your friends list. There would likely be a feature that displayed previously used names by the account not unlike how E-bay does the same thing and for the same reasons.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

- trophies progression system, where you can see how far have you get to unlock the said trophy.

- the ability to transfer all your digital ps1, ps2 and ps3 games that you have bought from the PS store that you have install them on your ps3 to play them on the ps4.... ( I really hope this will happen someday, at least give us backwards compatibility on digital games )

- it's not that demanding, but wish for the ability to stream short videos on the Playstation network it self, I mean screen shots can be uploaded on multiple sites include the Playstation it self on the live from Playstation, but to stream videoso you have to turn on your YouTube or twitch or daily motion channel etc. then you can stream from there or to just record your small gameplays.

_ this is not gonna happen, but I wish that finally we can play online for free.

- PSN Name change, I was 12 years old when I choose it and now I'm stuck with this bad ID because of the trophies :facepalm:

- PS4 old notification system

- Deleting trophy lists ! I don't understand why they don't make this a thing, I hate the fact that some games can't be completed because of glitched trophies and also the fact that I have trophies of games that I hate (FIFA/PES) because I allowed some friends to play their game on my PS3 when I didn't care that much about trophies.

- Backward compatibility with PS3 digital games

Almost no chance it'll happen with the functional yet basic Media Player, but it'd be great to be able to copy music from a USB source to the PS4 HDD. Bar PS1 backwards compatibility, which is also almost certainly not going to happen, it's one of the features I miss most from PS3. Worked really well on there, complete with the ability to add photos to each track and see how many times each one's been played. PS3 was not only a great console but also a great media hub. I see no reason not to make the PS4 one as well, especially now Sony has assured players that it's first and foremost a video games console.