Firmware beta 5.0

Hogie838

4 hours ago, AshesToSnow said:

I hope they change the search option in the PSN store.. Come on, it is 2017 I do not want to scroll down for every character.

Well in SONY defense...their PSN store on browser can be searched by typing name but yeah I know what you mean, the ps4 store app is a meh. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2017 at 8:36 PM, ArdMhicNasca said:

I would like to see PS now merge with PS plus.

just no, unless it gets its own tier. i dont want to pay more for plus for games i own on my ps3.

id like to see the same search options for trophies as both the vita and ps3 have. 
ps1 classics which has been rumoured would be nice and everyones favourite the psn name change. ;) 

Edited by Leenewbe

BLACK NOTIFICATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, EternalChaos72 said:

You in luck as I'm a beta tester for this update and i can confirm you can can change the colour of the trophy notifications :D 

Regarding this. Is the change complete or just the color? 

I mean, do we get the actual previous notifications including the text and the text style? Or it is just white notification inverted?

@EternalChaos72 Nice! :D It looks sightly different. Aside the tiny black border outside the white lines, it's exactly the same.

Of course, the "Trophy earned" and the trophy type/title texts are differently placed since 4.0, yet it never bothered anyway.

Before 4.00

KRg8HkW.jpg

Now 5.00

LZNUGOR.jpg

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 8:44 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

As long as they don't impliment psn name changes i'll be happy.

I know some people really want it (because they apparently didn't understand that when the notification came up telling them that this could not be changed when they created thier account it meant that this cannot be changed :-S (Derp), but the inability for people to remember bad players they have encountered that would ensue is far too high a price to pay in my opinion.

They already implemented it for JP users long ago. ;) The way it works is that you got both a username and a display name.

Edited by MMDE

12 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

You tested it out on Assetto of all games haha. Good luck if you plan on finishing it.

It ain't that bad TBH.  Folks just suck LOL  You just need a solid setup and practice.  

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

They already implemented it for JP users long ago. ;) The way it works is that you got both a username and a display name.

That's fine, as long as the unchangeable name is the one that pops up when you meet people online.

there are plenty of users that I don't necessarily want to block (I tend to save that for racists/ sexists/ people who play music in headsets or other truely assholic behaviour), as they may be of use to me at some point for boosting/playing with, but I know I need to keep an eye on. Either because they are untrustworthy or not very good or just a bit douche-leaning. At the moment remembering their user names is the only way to watch out for them - maybe PSN should impliment a personal 'flag' system or something, so you can create your own list of folks to keep one eye on without going 'nuclear' and fully blocking them.

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That's fine, as long as the unchangeable name is the one that pops up when you meet people online.

there are plenty of users that I don't necessarily want to block (I tend to save that for racists/ sexists/ people who play music in headsets or other truely assholic behaviour), as they may be of use to me at some point for boosting/playing with, but I know I need to keep an eye on. Either because they are untrustworthy or not very good or just a bit douche-leaning. At the moment remembering their user names is the only way to watch out for them - maybe PSN should impliment a personal 'flag' system or something, so you can create your own list of folks to keep one eye on without going 'nuclear' and fully blocking them.

You can already do that. 
The system is called Pen & Paper.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joker said:

You can already do that. 
The system is called Pen & Paper.

Do you not understand what I mean?

Do you not understand how paper works? 

Are you under the impression that if someone changes thier name on an electronic service, that an unrelated piece of paper will somehow know, and re-write itself to reflect the change? Do you believe that we live in a mystical, magical world of sentient, omnipotent papyrus, pressed from magical seeing trees, that can sense changes in the electrons and morph previously written ink to reflect current information?  

Are you a foolish fool who is foolish? 

:-S

Pen and Paper - or, k'now, memory - won't work if Sony allows changing of names. 

What I meant was that if sony impliment possible changing of PSNIDs, then they should also implement a 'personal flag' system that would allow you to know that a person you see with a different name is the same person from before - essentially a method of following a user across multiple name-changes.

• Like 2