Worst nightmare you ever had

Remilia Scarlet

As the topic says, this is a thread to share the scariest dreams you ever had.

This happened in 2014, right after I entered university. I am pretty sure it was caused by stress. This is the most vivid nightmare I ever had, and I remember every detail like I was actually there.

I was on a trip with my class. We ended up in the middle of nowhere after the bus broke down. It was a desert. There was a lone cabin across the road, made of what seemed to be oak wood. Next to the cabin was a black tree covered in black leaves. Upon closer inspection the black leaves were actually crows, with red eyes. As I looked on the sky turned a deep crimson, and it began to rain acid. The teacher ushered us inside the cabin. She had fear in her voice. The crows started to caw incessantly. Several of them attacked the windows, leaving blood smears.

A few students cowered, covering their heads with their hands. I just stood there in silence, watching the birds dive-bomb the cabin. I heard a scream. A girl backed out of the rear room, a look of horror on her face. I slowly walked towards the room as she screamed at me not to go inside. The body of whom I assumed to be the owner of this cabin was inside, torn to pieces, half eaten and decomposing. Part of his face was missing, as was an arm and most of his lower body. I was suddenly overcome by an overpowering stench, and vomited. At the same time, a pack of vicious dogs appeared, and proceeded to attack our motley group.

Several students were killed and torn to pieces by the wicked creatures, while the rest of us managed to barricade ourselves into the back room with the corpse. The animals beat themselves against the door, snarling and barking. Many of the students wailed in despair. I noticed that our teacher was not among our numbers. I gingerly moved to the window and saw her being dragged off, screaming and crying, by the hellhounds. Her cries were quickly silenced as the beasts began tearing into her flesh. Suddenly a dog crashed through the window, and pounced on me.

I woke up.

Edited by Star Butterfly

its either when a bear was chasing my ass, I think he was killing me but I popped out a knife out of no where and stabbed him on the neck

Or when I was a zombie, this wasn't really scary but damn it was so damn weird that I still remember it.  I was walking on a spooky ass mansion with other zombies, then a fine Jill Valentine looking bitch came and started killing us like a damn ninja.  I was only one left.  She got me by the neck with the knife touching my throat and said, I'll show you a good time if you wait while I put this up.  This female went to an item box and started leaving some random shit.  Then she came back, pulled out my nasty zombie dick, and started sucking me off, I woke up.

• Like 1

I've definitely had horror movie-type scary dreams, but I'm awful at remembering the details of them.  I once was searching a rural basement for a guy with the head of a snake and he ambushed me but I grabbed a bottle of acid or something and splashed it on his face.  Then when the cops came the chief just blew his brains out instead of arresting him and I woke up.  Something like that.  

The one I actually remember was just terribly realistic, and it was a cop telling me my wife (new fiancee at the time) had been killed.  Woke up in tears and wasn't able to go to work the next day because I couldn't get the thought out of my head.  She stayed home with me because she's the best :)

• Like 1

One nightmare I vividly remember involved me first walking to my grandparent's house (which isn't even in walking distance from my home in real life). I opened the front door and called for their named but no one answered. Suddenly I heard violent footsteps coming down the stairs and a man I didn't recognize angrily asked what I was doing in his house. I told him this was my grandparents' house, and he said that they moved away months ago. I then ran out of the house but since this was a dream I didn't know how to get home. So for some reason I walked into some stranger's house next door. When I entered, the house alarm started going off. Since it was nighttime and the house was dimly lit, I desperately tried to punch in numbers on the alarm to make it shut off but I didn't know the code. As I tried as many combinations as I could, I could see a dark figure walking towards me. When the figure was close enough for me to see in the dark, I noticed it was the Jigsaw puppet from the Saw movie, but he was the size of an actual human, and he was carrying an axe. The last thing I did before I woke up was run at him and try to dropkick him, but then I jolted awake and nearly fell off my bed.

20493.jpg

Edited by RabbiAndy
Forgot to include picture

I don't have a specific one that I consider the worst since they all seem equally terrible but I normally get ones where I lose things I care about or something happens that spirals out of control. I've also had some where I'm chased by someone and I can't run fast enough or get help from anyone. I've even had a couple where there are guns involved, one of them being where someone was drilling a hole in my fence and I went out to tell them to knock it off and they pulled out a gun and shot at me. Another one involving guns is normally where there's a kid that pulls a gun on me for some reason. Not sure why I get those.

I got 2 nightmares I remember well. This is probably because I've had them so many times.

1. The first one is pretty strange and it's pretty dark. It's literally pretty dark. I'm not afraid of the dark, but what this dream is essentially about is intense blackness consuming the world, and everyone (a lot of fictional characters too :D ) is basically trying to escape it. It's all pretty risky and people die. :D This is the kind of stuff I dreamed about when I was 3-4 years old.
  2. The other dream is more escaping, again literally. Its about me for some reason getting chased people. Sometimes it's the police, other times other people. It is usually around where I used to live, and I would find secret hiding spots. Also feel like I run too slow. Sometimes there's murder in this dream too. One time I got chased for having tried to drive a car, but I was allowed by the owner to drive it, but yet they reported me, and I was underage too. :P Sometimes there's weapons involved. It's pretty much about the chase, never feeling safe, be on the run and be too slow etc. Yeah, this dream can be pretty tiresome. Started when I was like 7 years old I think.
Edited by MMDE

Pretty much any dream where I'm being chased by something. I usually can't even remember who or what is chasing me but I definitely also remember the dreadful feeling. I've experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times and that can be terrifying. The dreams weren't especially scary, but waking up and being unable to move or scream sure as hell is.

The worst nightmare I've had until today unfortunately happened ... there was a day that i dreamed that i had lost my father, I woke up at dawn with my heart beating fast but always with the notion that everything was dreaming ... unfortunately the last year this nightmare happened.

I'd probably say it was the one in which some man was chasing a kid around a car with a kitchen knife and I was trying to run and stop him. He stabbed the kid once in the chest as soon as I got hands on him and it ended with me stabbing the guy in the cheek multiple times while I had him pinned down. (there was no blood in the entire nightmare though).

The thing that made this the worst nightmare for me was seeing the kid get stabbed and hearing him cry out in pain. Stabbing the bastard who did it was no big deal though. :P

Another one is this strange recurring dream I often get that takes place in different locations every time, but ot always the same thing. I am in a house alone and there is always a door locked somewhere in the location. I never see it but I just know that there is something behind the locked door, and that is it. No banging on the door, no hideous creature jumping out at me, just this very very heavy sense of fear that feels unbelievably real! I've never felt fear like I do in that dream, it's almost like I feel myself scared shitless in my bed while I'm experiencing the dream simultaneously. There's also a heavy sense that I'm being watched and stalked closely. I just can't believe how scared I am in these dreams, it's the kind of fear that hurts your stomach with sharp pains. Started having them within the last month or so, about once every other week.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I guess since it is Halloween why not

First one was I was like originally a dragon in the dream flying around in a demonic realm looking for a silver dragon anyway when I woke up from that dream at some point I woke up right into another one and was being choked to death by a demon. Don't if it didn't like me going to into realms or because I was the dark element dragon and it was trying to get me out of the way for whatever they were planning. and The 2nd dream I woke up in my room which is about why that felt real enough and had sleep paralysis after that for a bit.

And another one I was a dragon in this dream was kind of years ago but anyway another dragon gained control over my mind while making me aware of what I was doing forced me to kill those that were closest to me and reawaken me as the beast of destruction and bring total destruction to the world. Apparently this dragon also said we from the same planet(weird thing is I've had several other dragons say the same thing, Moltres as well and some others.), After I did that, that dragon knew I had the powers of darkness, as well as creating illusions and the ability to change shape so they were planning on so their entire plan was using my own abilities against me by trapping me in an eternal nightmare and they told me they did all this all because I married a silver dragon instead of them.

Don't know about being the worst nightmare but this was still pretty messed up to see
Was a dragon in this one as well and flew around near some Mountain region while it and seen snow around the land, then landed onto the ground to some school shapeshifted into a human so no one would know I was a dragon then saw the school get hijacked by some terrorist group who was capable of using dark magic they took hostages of kids and adults and and sliced their bodies in half and used magic to keep them alive before decapitating them which was 
I don't say it much but I thought that was pretty fucked up.
and the ages were ranged to like 7-30 I believe it was nobody I recognized either but either way.
Think at that point I was planning on becoming Yveltal and was going to end the world's existence but the dream I think ended around after that.