Castlevania - Netflix series

Fubuki

So I haven't seen anyone talk about this. So I'm going to ask. What do you guys think of the 4 episodes of the Castlevania series on Netflix? I think the animation is great and the gore is awesome. I played the first 2 games on NES but I suck at both of them. This series is based on Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse. What are your guy's thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, syumisan said:

I was going to see it but....why is it *only* 4 episodes? I thought they were long, hencing only those 4, but its only 22 minutes each? I am a little confused o.o

well for what it is. Each episode is building up so well I don't think it needs to be longer than 22 mins. But yah only 4 episodes is a kind of a bitch. At least the rest of the series will air soon. 

11 minutes ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

well for what it is. Each episode is building up so well I don't think it needs to be longer than 22 mins. But yah only 4 episodes is a kind of a bitch. At least the rest of the series will air soon. 

That really was random. I thought it would be like....you know a regular season anime BUT i forgot it's Netflix lol. Then again they had.....longer ones....im lost xD I will possibly see it later

Pro: Animation, action/gore, voice work, dialogue. Episodes end on nice cliffhangers.

Con: It feels like a movie that was cut into 4 episodes. Completely silly how much time is wasted muddling around with evil priests when we could have been fighting vampires or other cool monsters instead. Main action seems weirdly miniaturized compared with Dracula's nation-spanning threat.

It has serious flaws in and of itself, but they are flaws that will sort of naturally resolve themselves if this becomes the start of something awesome. If this turns into the first 4 episodes of a 13-episode show, the shortcomings could so easily become non-issues.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 1:59 PM, nyantzu1986 said:

awful writing/script, dialogues

mediocre animations/music,

it just felt bad,

maybe because i had watched ALOT of animes/movies from 80-90s 1f612.png

bad animation? really? you're talking about the one on Netflix right? 

I really enjoyed it. It's basically a prequel movie to Castlevania III, divided into four parts. Something tells me that the inevitable Blu-ray release will be presented as a full-length movie instead. Actually, if I'm not mistaken that was the original pitch too.