DOOM DLC

Soufwar

for everyone wondering why their DOOM DLC is not downloading, not showing up in the download list, why its been delisted and every other problem you might be thinking of, the DOOM DLC just went free to play, meaning everyone who owns a copy of DOOM will be able to enjoy all added content that used to be paid, everything is going free in the next patch of the game (not the base game of course, you still have to pay for your copy of the base game). apparently, next patch or update 6.66 (clever name) will add all DLC to the game even if you already have everything installed, you have to update the game (which is a reinstall really and not an update), the size is rumored to be 56 GB so its huge, everyone who wanted the DLC congrats for having it free, and everyone who paid, sucks to be you (sorry). 

here's the link to confirm:

10 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

and everyone who paid, sucks to be you (sorry).

It does kind of suck for those people, but at least now those people will be able to find matches that use the dlc. From everything I've heard, the dlc fragmented the player base to almost broken levels. At least this will fix that. Now the people that bought the dlc cause they truely wanted to play it will get to more consistently.

Not really the same for people that bought it for trophies but at the end of the day, they got what they paid for.

• Like 1

Same method with Rocket League, just download the updated patch and you get the DLC, it's cool they are offering free DLCs now, i was kinda waiting for a complete edition version of DOOM but it seems it's not happening 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Same method with Rocket League, just download the updated patch and you get the DLC, it's cool they are offering free DLCs now, i was kinda waiting for a complete edition version of DOOM but it seems it's not happening 

Consider this update as the "Complete Edition". :P Now pick up the basic game cheap!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Consider this update as the "Complete Edition". :P Now pick up the basic game cheap!

Yeah i guess from $15 - $20....same thing with Fallout 4 not sure if it will get a complete edition either 

6 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Yeah i guess from $15 - $20....same thing with Fallout 4 not sure if it will get a complete edition either 

The only difference is that Fallout 4 is more popular than Doom so Bethesda probably makes much more money from its Season Pass than it was with Doom, since the MP was pretty much dead and that it's unacceptable nowadays to make pay content packs for MP since many studios have chosen to deliver free contents to support their playerbase, think about Rocket League, GTA V, Overwatch, soon Star Wars Battlefront 2, Rainbow Six Siege... of course, this is possible thanks to the people who thrown their money via microtransactions.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

They reset everyone's level back to 1. Those who have unlocked stuff prior to the update can choose to keep their unlocks or reset them. Items are now unlocked through level or challenges and not random like before. Minimum level to reach to unlock everything for the trophies is level 44. Forgot about DLC armor trophies which may require a higher level to acquire.

Edited by BlueDragonRR
Change to minimum level

As someone who paid for the season pass this kinda blows, I wish Devs would just learn thier lesson. Map Packs for DLC is a bad idea, don't do it, end of story. The Multiplayer for Doom is also very very average, there are so many better multiplayer games out there. They should have just added some arena death match modes for the lols and left it at that. (Just like the original)

Edited by tpepper1985

15 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

As someone who paid for the season pass this kinda blows, I wish Devs would just learn thier lesson. Map Packs for DLC is a bad idea, don't do it, end of story. The Multiplayer for Doom is also very very average, there are so many better multiplayer games out there. They should have just added some arena death match modes for the lols and left it at that. (Just like the original)

before the game released and they showed the single player, I was thinking that the multiplayer will be like Quake, so fast just like the base game, it would've been fun alas they chose a newer modern approach that kind of is boring, then they cut the player base with DLC which basically killed the multiplayer, I hope they plan on doing this with all their other properties, they need to redeem themselves after that Creation Club bullshit.

7 minutes ago, T87 said:

This is unbelievable, how many times did it happen before? I only remember those multiplayer DLCs for God of War Ascension.

Anyway now i have one more reason to buy the game cheap when i get a new gaming PC lol.

its a good game, too bad they ruined it with DLC I am glad they did this and I hope they learn from their mistakes.

2 hours ago, Soufwar said:

its a good game, too bad they ruined it with DLC I am glad they did this and I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Like no one should make players paying Multiplayer DLCs (with trophies), otherwise they split up their fanbase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Like no one should make players paying Multiplayer DLCs (with trophies), otherwise they split up their fanbase.

The multiplayer wasn't even that good yet they had the audacity to make DLC and charge for it, the campaign is one of the best campaigns of last year no doubt and it paid respect to what made the classic Doom what it was, the DLC that's cool and not a ripoff is like The Witcher 3 expansion packs or Civ 5's Brave New World......or in the case of multiplayer games, like Titanfall 2 free DLC with cosmetic microtransactions, or like DC Universe Online, free game with paid episodes that come in huge chunks and content for a fair price. other than that its a huge ripoff.

5 hours ago, tpepper1985 said:

i think its more like...i hope YOU learned your lesson. You decided to buy season pass, the company just used a marketing technique (which works since they get money) and you fell for it. Season passes/dlc's will stop being a thing once players stop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyl542 said:

i think its more like...i hope YOU learned your lesson. You decided to buy season pass, the company just used a marketing technique (which works since they get money) and you fell for it. Season passes/dlc's will stop being a thing once players stop.

I picked up the game / pass bundle for 28 euros or so. It cost me 8 euros for the season pass I would never pay the 40 or whatever it was they were asking for it at launch but hey that's another conversation. My point was making something that you sold to people especially people that paid full price for and then just giving it away is a bit shitty, but I get it in this case because DLC maps for multiplayer are stupid and it just splits the player base.

Further than that I don't care I was done with the game a long time ago and the multiplayer was fun for a few hours but that was it. Season Passes / DLC / Microtransactions will never go away, they will only become more and more common in AAA games we are still paying 60 euros / dollers for games despite the fact they have become crazy expensive to make. If there's no profit to make why bother making them anymore that is the main reason they exist at the end of the day.

I very rarely buy games at launch, the last game I got at launch was Witcher 3.I would rather wait for a deal on the "Complete" version usually if that's falling for marketing then I would rather do that than pre ordering games before they even come out like alot of people seem to still do these days.

1 hour ago, tpepper1985 said:

I picked up the game / pass bundle for 28 euros or so. It cost me 8 euros for the season pass I would never pay the 40 or whatever it was they were asking for it at launch but hey that's another conversation. My point was making something that you sold to people especially people that paid full price for and then just giving it away is a bit shitty, but I get it in this case because DLC maps for multiplayer are stupid and it just splits the player base.

Further than that I don't care I was done with the game a long time ago and the multiplayer was fun for a few hours but that was it. Season Passes / DLC / Microtransactions will never go away, they will only become more and more common in AAA games we are still paying 60 euros / dollers for games despite the fact they have become crazy expensive to make. If there's no profit to make why bother making them anymore that is the main reason they exist at the end of the day.

I very rarely buy games at launch, the last game I got at launch was Witcher 3.I would rather wait for a deal on the "Complete" version usually if that's falling for marketing then I would rather do that than pre ordering games before they even come out like alot of people seem to still do these days.

DLC is starting to get away and its been replaced by microtransactions, it will get worst with time to the point where DLC is today, who knows what will show up after that, and pre orders for games that deserve it like Inside or Rocket League and The Witcher 3 are okay but they're still encouraging a bad culture, so all DLCs, microtransactions and preorders are bullshit, lets hope this will teach them a lesson.

14 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:

Has this update released yet? Anyone have any info on how to get the 3 new trophies that comes with 6.66?

EDIT: 24GB, fantastic...

so the update is 24 gigs? I hear the game has become 56 gigs now, glad we cleared everything. good job community lol 

I'm livid...I spent 40 bucks on this pass upon release (I know, foolishly) but had to delete it from my HD  a long time ago. Didn't figure I needed to hurry. Maybe it's because I never loaded the game up after I got the DLC's...but after 14 hours of downloading today...I select keep my current unlocks- But I have NO ACCESS to the DLC I paid for. All the armors and taunts are locked. No fucking way am I grinding this shit for DLC I paid for. I even reverted to my save from last year, but everything is still locked. 

I will never purchase another ID or Bathesda game as long as I live.  

Edited by Floorkiller74

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm livid...I spent 40 bucks on this pass upon release (I know, foolishly) but had to delete it from my HD  a long time ago. Didn't figure I needed to hurry. Maybe it's because I never loaded the game up after I got the DLC's...but after 14 hours of downloading today...I select keep my current unlocks- But I have NO ACCESS to the DLC I paid for. All the armors and taunts are locked. No fucking way am I grinding this shit for DLC I paid for. I even reverted to my save from last year, but everything is still locked. 

I will never purchase another ID or Bathesda game as long as I live.  

God I hope you're not being serious.

29 minutes ago, Scalith_ said:

God I hope you're not being serious.

I'm assuming because I never "loaded up" the DLC, I never unlocked anything...so I spent 40 bucks to show a few little DLC icons with my game, but nothing else. 

Oh yeah, my name Icon is in yellow (with a little 16 icon underneath) instead of white....Fuck you Bethesda!

Edited by Floorkiller74

21 hours ago, Kyl542 said:

I think you're kidding yourself if you think everyone is going to stop buying DLC or microtransactions. If I want to fall for it then that's my choice. That extra $15 was worth it to me to not have to spend another 50-100 hours earning all the mp trophies.

DLC isn't going anywhere. If anything, I think we're going to be seeing a lot more 5+ year old games getting DLC and trophies.

• Like 1