DOOM DLC

Soufwar

5 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm livid...I spent 40 bucks on this pass upon release (I know, foolishly) but had to delete it from my HD  a long time ago. Didn't figure I needed to hurry. Maybe it's because I never loaded the game up after I got the DLC's...but after 14 hours of downloading today...I select keep my current unlocks- But I have NO ACCESS to the DLC I paid for. All the armors and taunts are locked. No fucking way am I grinding this shit for DLC I paid for. I even reverted to my save from last year, but everything is still locked. 

I will never purchase another ID or Bathesda game as long as I live.  

I am in the same boat, I have requested a refund through their website, although I would still be somewhat happy if all the stuff I purchased was unlocked.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

6 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm assuming because I never "loaded up" the DLC, I never unlocked anything...so I spent 40 bucks to show a few little DLC icons with my game, but nothing else. 

Oh yeah, my name Icon is in yellow (with a little 16 icon underneath) instead of white....Fuck you Bethesda!

Did you even tried it or not ? (to know if because you bought DLC, you still have the unlocks ... even if never played it)

Cause i did like you, bought the DLC (on sale tbh, but still 10€ for nothing now ^^') a month ago, never played the game, and now ... i reallllyy hope I can have those sets like i could before this patch ...

Anyone tried it by any chance ? (maybe i will check tonight if I have some time ^^)

Just now, seblegamer said:

Did you even tried it or not ? (to know if because you bought DLC, you still have the unlocks ... even if never played it)

Cause i did like you, bought the DLC (on sale tbh, but still 10€ for nothing now ^^') a month ago, never played the game, and now ... i reallllyy hope I can have those sets like i could before this patch ...

Anyone tried it by any chance ? (maybe i will check tonight if I have some time ^^)

I played the dlc and did the trophies before it went free and most of the dlc armor was locked again even with keeping progression, the only thing that stayed unlocked was the weapons and demons

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

I played the dlc and did the trophies before it went free and most of the dlc armor was locked again even with keeping progression, the only thing that stayed unlocked was the weapons and demons

Ouch X_x

Thx for the answer !

Not a very good news then ... so I really bought it for nothing ... that's nice ^^'

Make a sale on something you put for free a month later, not very honest ... =/

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

Make a sale on something you put for free a month later, not very honest ... =/

Well, EA did something even worse: they discounted a multiplayer-only DLC for Army of Two earlier this year when the servers shut down five years ago.

And guess what? They delisted it this month.

4 hours ago, seblegamer said:

Yeah, I tried it. Everything was locked except the pre-order demon stuff Which I installed before I played the 1st time). I didn't realize that was unlocked until, because I thought I had nothing to lose, I reset my progress. Now, I lost all that. I tried reverting to an old save, but everything is server based. LMK if you have better luck.

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rowdi said:

I think you're kidding yourself if you think everyone is going to stop buying DLC or microtransactions. If I want to fall for it then that's my choice. That extra $15 was worth it to me to not have to spend another 50-100 hours earning all the mp trophies.

DLC isn't going anywhere. If anything, I think we're going to be seeing a lot more 5+ year old games getting DLC and trophies.

Yeah man, i was stoked when i discovered the advantage of already having my 100%. People saying "sucks to be you" for purchasing the DLC, i would say its the other way around if you want the 100% lol Especially if you got it for a good deal, i payed $27 for this game bundled with all DLC, more than worth it in my opinion. 

Reaper of Souls was nearly 3 years old prior to its only DLC release, so i agree, we'll be seeing more of this.

Edited by Demon--Prototype
  • Like 1

On 21/07/2017 at 8:53 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

Yeah, I tried it. Everything was locked except the pre-order demon stuff Which I installed before I played the 1st time). I didn't realize that was unlocked until, because I thought I had nothing to lose, I reset my progress. Now, I lost all that. I tried reverting to an old save, but everything is server based. LMK if you have better luck.

Started it today, didn't have any choice to do ...

So my season pass is just useless ! Money wasted =/

For sure I wont forget it for their next game ... will buy it used and no more support with day-one buy :)

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 7:50 PM, White_Key_86 said:

I 100% this game in April then promptly deleted it because it was nearly 80gb. Do I still get my dlc items & the runes even though I deleted the game?

No, the rune system was revamped, you have to level up to 44 to unlock all of them for the trophy, and most of the dlc items become locked again. 

13 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Seeing the DLCs are included now, does anyone know if the 'owners' will go up?

Iv always wanted to know where this site pulls its DLC 'owners' data from.

Pretty sure it is based on people who have earned at least one trophy from the particular DLC pack. Those with only the base game and those with 0% in the DLC pack, do not count as owners.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 5:27 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm assuming because I never "loaded up" the DLC, I never unlocked anything...so I spent 40 bucks to show a few little DLC icons with my game, but nothing else. 

Oh yeah, my name Icon is in yellow (with a little 16 icon underneath) instead of white....Fuck you Bethesda!

so you purchased the dlc and didn't even use it and now you're complaining... 

Ugh really dude.

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 11:52 AM, Undead Wolf said:

He has every right to complain about spending money on something that is now completely useless. It doesn't matter whether he used it yet or not. If Bethesda wanted to go down this route, either they should have made the DLC free from the get-go or they should have refunded the people unfortunate enough to purchase the season pass, or at least given them a free game or something. It's a shitty move by Bethesda no matter how you look at it.

I agree, they should’ve given a discount on Doom VFR when it releases or at least free copies for Doom Classic complete and Doom 3 BFG edition. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 9:53 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

On 7/23/2017 at 4:10 AM, seblegamer said:

Started it today, didn't have any choice to do ...

So my season pass is just useless ! Money wasted =/

For sure I wont forget it for their next game ... will buy it used and no more support with day-one buy :)

So is it confirmed that people who bought the season pass but never started the game are shit out of luck? If so, that is an incredibly shitty move all things considered.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

So is it confirmed that people who bought the season pass but never started the game are shit out of luck? If so, that is an incredibly shitty move all things considered.

Yep, people who bought the DLC (any form of it) got screwed by Bethesda, i was hoping they would release Brink as a free to play digital download on PS3 as well, ow well! 

2 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Could anybody give me an Info:

How long does it take to reach rank 44 from rank 1?

And maybe a fast way to level? Just boost takeover zone for zone?

A friend of mine said it takes around the same time to level up to lvl 45 in Battlefield 3, which means around the 40-45 hour mark!