Uncharted Drake's Fortune the movie

JJTEY14

So it's been awhile since I checked on an update for this movie as it's been on again and off again for years and years now. This morning I happen to look and find that they have cast Peter Parker himself (Tom Holland) as Nathan Drake. The film is currently still in pre-production so maybe we'll see a summer release next year? Don't know but share your thoughts of Tom Holland playing Nathan Drake.

(Forgive me if this has been a topic before or if this news is very old)

• Like 1

I'd be behind it. I like Tom Holland. Origins would be interesting considering he's young. He can grow with the role just like Nathan did in the games.

The only thing missing which is obvious is Nolans voice, kind of iconic to Drake.

I actually really like that choice. After seeing Spider-Man Homecoming I'm really impressed with Tom Holland. He would certainly be able to pull of the wisecracking, joking personality of Nathan with ease.

...now all we need is Nathan Fillion to be cast as adult Drake. Guy would be perfect!

Edited by Hoagie324
  • Like 1

As long as he plays 13 year old Nathan in flashbacks or something, I'm fine with it. Now as for Sully, I think Jeff Fahey would be a great choice. Look at his character in "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series", that was essentially him.

2 hours ago, Hoagie324 said:

...now all we need is Nathan Fillion to be cast as adult Drake. Guy would be perfect!

43 minutes ago, syumisan said:

I WANT NATHAN FILLION TO PLAY NATHAN DRAKE. Come on, his name is NATHAN, he is veerrrryyyyyy sarcastic like him and he looks like the dang character.

OT: Don't know much about this Tom Holland but hey, awesome to see new faces :)

Nah, David Boreanaz looks more like Nathan Drake than Nathan Fillion does, he even has the haircut already.

Edited by HellcoreFire
Forgot to type a word.

2 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Nah, David Boreanaz looks more like Nathan Drake than Nathan Fillion does, he even has the haircut already.

Hahaha Guy from "Bones"? Yes but Nathan himself said he wanted to do the character. And I like his style lol Rather Richard Castle lmao

On 20/7/2017 at 10:27 AM, Meacham said:

The only thing missing which is obvious is Nolans voice, kind of iconic to Drake.

It would be cool if they left him do a small cameo, even if just ot say "Oh crap!" once.

On 20/7/2017 at 0:37 PM, syumisan said:

I WANT NATHAN FILLION TO PLAY NATHAN DRAKE. Come on, his name is NATHAN, he is veerrrryyyyyy sarcastic like him and he looks like the dang character.

I think Fillion is a little too old now. I agree that he was the most suited for the role a couple years ago, but now? Not so sure.

Also, haven't seen Spiderman yet, but I don't dislike Holland, and would like to see him as Nate.

1 hour ago, Arkthur said:

I think Fillion is a little too old now. I agree that he was the most suited for the role a couple years ago, but now? Not so sure.

Age shouldn't determine if he can act or not. Doesn't Nathan age through the series? (Personally I only played...a little of 1 haahah) If so, wouldn't that be appropriate to match him? I mean I am just saying, age shouldn't be a factor

19 hours ago, syumisan said:

Age shouldn't determine if he can act or not. Doesn't Nathan age through the series? (Personally I only played...a little of 1 haahah) If so, wouldn't that be appropriate to match him? I mean I am just saying, age shouldn't be a factor

Yep, Nathan ages with every installment, you can see the difference best in UC4.

My concern with Fillion is how old he looked when I used to watch Castle, maybe is the fact that he got a role where no action scenes where used, but he always looked....."old" to me. But hey, if Rober Downey Jr can make a good Tony Stark, I won't say a 46 years old Nathan Fillion can't make a good Drake.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is going to be another case when the documentary about the production hell of the movie would be more interesting than the movie itself (if it ever comes out).

This project has had at least 7 different scripts since 2008. 5 different people have been announced to direct it and each of them stepped down.

So much time has passed that Mark Wahlberg who was going to star as Drake is now in talks to co-star as Sully.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you guys think there's a fair chance this movie is going to end up being actually good?

I mean, I know Uncharted's narrative, character chemistry, and overall story are probably the main highs from the game, but do you think they're going to be able to capture that on here as well?

I know there have been some recent decent to good movies based on videogame properties lately, but I always try to approach them with doubt for the most part.

Just now, Honor_Hand said:

Do you guys think there's a fair chance this movie is going to end up being actually good?

Probably not. I expect it to be similar to the most recent Tomb Raider movie. It is currently sitting at 48/100 on Metacritic.

The movie is being directed by Ruben Fleischer, the guy who made Zombieland (which I liked) and Venom (which, I thought, was garbage). The script has been reworked a dozen times, which is never a good sign. And I've never seen this many directors leave one project before. It has to be an anti-record. Plently reasons to be concerned. Not to mention, many people agree that this adaptation didn't need to exist in the first place.

But I still hope it's good. Don't know why, but I'm trying to be optimistic about it. At the very least it's going to be interesting to see the result of this development hell.

Edited by Alderriz

1 hour ago, Alderriz said:

Probably not. I expect it to be similar to the most recent Tomb Raider movie. It is currently sitting at 48/100 on Metacritic.

The movie is being directed by Ruben Fleischer, the guy who made Zombieland (which I liked) and Venom (which, I thought, was garbage). The script has been reworked a dozen times, which is never a good sign. And I've never seen this many directors leave one project before. It has to be an anti-record. Plently reasons to be concerned. Not to mention, many people agree that this adaptation didn't need to exist in the first place.

But I still hope it's good. Don't know why, but I'm trying to be optimistic about it. At the very least it's going to be interesting to see the result of this development hell.

At best, it could be like the earlier RE movies. At worst, it could be like the latter RE movies. That's kind of what I'm expecting.

Venom was so-so for me. Probably one of the worst of anything Marvel-related in recent memory. The script being reworked so many times is never a good sign. Kinda reminds me of the Mario Bros. movie. :hmm:

52 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The Doom film turned out to be pretty good. No, wait, that can't be right...

We don't talk about that here. ._.

But for real, I'm actually planning to go for both the 2005 movie and Annihilation sometime soon. Already rip them from somewhere online, so I may as well visit that kind of hell as well. :awesome:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Oof, that's another one that deserves a watch too, even though I know zero about FF.

Lucky you, the film has fuck-all to do with any of the games.

Trying to find a good live-action film adaptation of a video game, and I think it's safe to say there isn't a single one that's actually good.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1